|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the bells described if the criminal is found innocent in the arena?
(a) "Gay brass bells."
(b) "Heavy metal bells."
(c) "Mournful bells."
(d) "Grey, sullen bells."
2. How many doors does the criminal face across from him in the arena?
3. What happens to the courtier immediately after the king discovers the love affair?
(a) He is placed before a jury.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He is cast into prison.
4. What word from the narrative means intense devotion or enthusiasm?
5. What word from the story refers to doubt or unpredictability?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the narrative means certain to happen or a situation that is unavoidable?
2. How do the masses respond to the appearance of the courtier in the arena in Part 4 of the story?
3. The narrator says in the conclusion of Part 3, "Did not the accused person have" what?
4. What does the narrator remark regarding the unpredictability of the trials at the arena?
5. Of the king, the narrator says in Part 2 that he "knew no tradition to which he owed more allegiance than" what?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)