|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors does the criminal face across from him in the arena?
2. What does the courtier do upon entering the arena in Part 4 of the story?
(a) He bows to the jury.
(b) He bows to the king.
(c) He beats on the door.
(d) He bows to the judge.
3. What happens to the courtier immediately after the king discovers the love affair?
(a) He is cast into prison.
(b) He is placed before a jury.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He is exiled.
4. What determines a criminal's innocence or guilt in the arena?
(a) The judge.
(c) The jury.
(d) His deductive abilities.
5. What word from the narrative refers to the capacity of persons or things to be a compelling force on the behavior or opinions of others?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Part 4 of the story, "This semi-barbaric king had a daughter as blooming as" what?
2. What happens if the criminal on trial opens the door that leads to "a reward of his innocence"?
3. Who gives the signal for the condemned to step into the arena?
4. Where are the hired mourners located in the amphitheater when an accused person faces trial?
5. What does the word "subordinate" mean in the narrative?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)