|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Forty - Forty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patton say about his stomach?
(a) His belly keeps growing and growing from sitting behind a desk.
(b) His big belly makes a nice target.
(c) It's been growling all morning, waiting for Degarmo and Marlowe.
(d) It tells him that Kingsley's no murderer.
2. What is Marlowe's cellmate doing?
3. Where does Patton's gunshot hit?
(a) The wall behind Degarmo.
(b) Degarmo's shoulder.
(c) Degarmo's knee.
(d) Degarmo's revolver.
4. How many cars is the garage at Almore's house built to hold?
5. How well does Miss Fromsett say she knew Mrs. Almore?
(a) Casually, having met her a couple of times.
(b) Very well, they were intimate friends.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Very well as girls, but she hadn't seen her for many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Grayson smoke while talking to Marlowe?
2. What fish does Chess say are in the lake?
3. When does Lavery say he was up at Little Fawn Lake?
4. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
5. Where does Almore watch from, as the big, blond, blue-eyed man accosts Marlowe?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)