|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Forty - Forty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe say Patton should do, when Degarmo wants to leave?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Let him go.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Take his gun away.
2. How much money does Marlowe ask for as a retainer?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) A hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
3. What expression is on Patton's face when Marlowe says Degarmo knows Marlowe has already proved Mrs. Kingsley innocent?
(a) A look of amusement.
(c) A look of anger.
(d) A look of shock.
4. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
5. What is on the porch at the bungalow in Westmore Street where Marlowe goes looking for Talley?
(a) A tree.
(b) A chair.
(c) A bench swing.
(d) A ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe believe Almore saw?
2. What does Marlowe tell Mrs. Kingsley to distract her and make her move?
3. What building is Derace Kingsley's office in?
4. What misleading statement does Marlowe give Degarmo?
5. Where does Marlowe suggest Muriel Chess drowned Crystal Kingsley?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)