|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Forty - Forty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the detective who Mrs. Almore's parents hired to investigate her death sent to jail for?
(a) Drunk driving.
(b) Impersonating a police officer.
(c) Possession of illegal drugs.
(d) Reckless endangerment.
2. What choice does Marlowe give the woman he meets at the Peacock Lounge?
(a) She must either come with him, or he'll take her by force.
(b) She must either give herself up, or he'll turn her in.
(c) She must either talk with her husband or get no money.
(d) She must talk with either him or the cops.
3. When Marlowe returns to the lake with the police, what has Bill Chess done?
(a) Gone missing.
(b) Fainted on the edge of the lake.
(c) Gone to his cabin and passed out, drunk.
(d) Pulled the body out of the water.
4. Where is Derace Kingsley when Degarmo and Marlowe get to the cabin?
(a) Asleep in a chair.
(b) Asleep in the bed.
(c) Asleep in the tub.
(d) Asleep on the floor.
5. How does Marlowe describe Adrienne Fromsett?
(a) A hard, tough redhead.
(b) Short, blue-eyed, and black-haired.
(c) Slight, small, and blonde.
(d) Tall, lean, and dark-haired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police who stop Marlowe make him do?
2. What is the first thing Marlowe sees of the woman at Lavery's house?
3. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
4. What is Lavery's first reaction when Marlowe says he's working for Kingsley?
5. Who does Marlowe suggest to Miss Fromsett might have killed Lavery, aside from Mrs. Kingsley?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)