|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Forty - Forty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the sheriff find Muriel's anklet?
(a) In a hollowed-out book.
(b) In a sofa cushion.
(c) In a box of confectioner's sugar.
(d) In a cookie jar.
2. Where is Derace Kingsley when Degarmo and Marlowe get to the cabin?
(a) Asleep in the tub.
(b) Asleep on the floor.
(c) Asleep in the bed.
(d) Asleep in a chair.
3. What do the police who stop Marlowe make him do?
(a) Give them the keys to his car.
(b) Take a white pill.
(c) Drink whiskey.
(d) Give them his gun.
4. Is the Prescott Hotel bellhop able to identify Crystal Kingsley from Marlowe's photograph?
(a) No, he says she didn't look like the photograph.
(b) Yes, after a minute, he identifies her.
(c) Yes, he identifies her immediately.
(d) No, he says blondes of that type all look similar.
5. When Marlowe reveals that Mrs. Kingsley has been dead for over a month, what does Kingsley do with his hands?
(a) He clenches his fists.
(b) He grabs his face.
(c) He grabs Marlowe's arm.
(d) He smacks Degarmo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the Athletic Club members seem to do in the club library?
2. What is significant about the inscription on the gold heart Marlowe finds?
3. What does Patton say about his stomach?
4. What did Talley steal from Florence Almore's body?
5. When was the party that Kingsley's wife was supposed to go to, but that she never showed up for?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)