|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-seven - Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Marlowe knocks and rings at Lavery's door?
(a) Nothing, at first, and then Lavery looks out at him.
(b) Nothing, and Marlowe must come back later to find Lavery.
(c) Lavery answers immediately.
(d) Nothing, and Marlowe must go around the house to find Lavery.
2. Why did Lavery think about marrying Crystal Kingsley?
(a) Because she has beauty.
(b) Because she has brains.
(c) Because she has money.
(d) Because she has wild ideas.
3. Who found Florence Almore's body?
(a) Miss Fromsett.
(b) Lou Condy.
(c) Dr. Almore.
(d) Chris Lavery.
4. What does the sheriff imply about Bill's note from Muriel?
(a) That it might be intended to deceive him.
(b) That it might have been written after she disappeared.
(c) That she might have written it long ago, the last time she left him.
(d) That it might be forged by Bill.
5. What color are the drapes and carpet in Kingsley's private office?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Webber think of the investigation of Mrs. Almore's death?
2. When Marlowe returns to the lake with the police, what has Bill Chess done?
3. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
4. What does Marlowe find in Muriel Chess's bedroom that he thinks she wouldn't have left behind?
5. What impression does Marlowe have from Miss Fromsett, after she gives him Chris Lavery's address?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)