|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-seven - Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Birdie Keppel introduce herself as?
(a) The local schoolteacher and mortician.
(b) The local beautician and newspaper reporter.
(c) The local nurse and medical examiner.
(d) The local bar owner and radio announcer.
2. What animal does Marlowe compare the blonde at the PBX to?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A minx.
3. Where does the black Cadillac coupe come from that drives by Marlowe, as he is knocking at Lavery's door?
(a) The cross-street to the south.
(b) The house across the street from Lavery's.
(c) The cross-street to the north.
(d) The house next to Lavery's.
4. What does the cop Eddie who responds to Marlowe's call have behind his ear?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A carnation.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A stick of gum.
5. What does Marlowe tell Birdie?
(a) Marlowe tells Birdie the whole story, including why he's there and Chess's affair with Crystal.
(b) Marlowe tells Birdie nothing, saying he'll let the sheriff decide what to tell her.
(c) Marlowe tells Birdie what happened at the lake, leaving out his profession and why he's there.
(d) Marlowe confirms that Muriel's body was discovered but will say nothing else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Marlowe charged with a crime?
2. Who is in Marlowe's office building when he returns there?
3. When Marlowe returns to the lake with the police, what has Bill Chess done?
4. How long does Kingsley say he'll give Marlowe?
5. What does Marlowe ask about that makes Bill Chess get defensive?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)