|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-seven - Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lavery's first reaction when Marlowe says he's working for Kingsley?
(a) To ask Marlowe in.
(b) To tell Marlowe to meet him later, in more privacy.
(c) To shut the window and not talk with Marlowe.
(d) To phone Kingsley and find out if Marlowe's telling the truth.
2. How many cars is the garage at Almore's house built to hold?
3. What jarring action does Lavery take before Marlowe leaves?
(a) He slams the window shut.
(b) He bangs his fist on the wall.
(c) He spits on the rug.
(d) He laughs suddenly and inappropriately.
4. Where does Miss Fromsett say she'll look for the name of Mrs. Almore's parents?
(a) In the funeral records at the local churches.
(b) In a death notice in the LA papers.
(c) In the death records at the town hall.
(d) In the marriage registry at the town hall.
5. What does Marlowe hear as he approaches the nearest cabin at the lake?
(a) A bear somewhere in the woods.
(b) The sound of a chainsaw.
(c) Someone using an axe.
(d) A motorboat in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
2. How much money does Marlowe ask for as a retainer?
3. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
4. What is Miss Fromsett's alibi for Lavery's murder?
5. What reason doe Bill Chess at first assume Marlowe might want to look at the cabin?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)