|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-seven - Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Birdie Keppel introduce herself as?
(a) The local bar owner and radio announcer.
(b) The local schoolteacher and mortician.
(c) The local beautician and newspaper reporter.
(d) The local nurse and medical examiner.
2. Why does Marlowe decide that Almore must know Lavery?
(a) Because they have the only two houses on the block.
(b) Because he sees a note from Almore in Lavery's house.
(c) Because their houses look so similar to each other.
(d) Because of how Almore looks at him.
3. After finding the gold heart, who does Marlowe speculate killed Muriel?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) A man from her past.
4. What does the guard at Puma Lake dam have Marlowe do before driving over?
(a) Present his identification.
(b) Take a sobriety test.
(c) Roll up his windows.
(d) Pay an impromptu toll.
5. What evidence does Marlowe think makes Bill unlikely to have murdered his wife?
(a) That Bill had kept his wife's note.
(b) That Bill seemed willing to talk about his wife.
(c) That Bill seemed upset at his wife's death.
(d) That Bill pointed out the body when he didn't have to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the Athletic Club members seem to do in the club library?
2. What is Marlowe's cellmate doing?
3. What does Marlowe say he's come to see Lavery about?
4. What does Kingsley tell Marlowe, when Marlowe asks if Mrs. Kingsley has a gun?
5. What does Marlowe use to open the locked door?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)