|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen - Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say he's from?
(a) The Private Investigator's Licensing Bureau.
(b) The Central Detective Bureau.
(c) The California Bureau of Investigation.
(d) The Bay City Petty Crimes Division.
2. What does Marlowe identify as Bill's biggest problem, if he killed Muriel?
(a) Getting rid of any blood evidence in the house.
(b) Explaining Muriel's disappearance to her friends.
(c) Getting rid of Muriel's car.
(d) Getting rid of Muriel's clothes.
3. What happens when Marlowe knocks and rings at Lavery's door?
(a) Nothing, and Marlowe must go around the house to find Lavery.
(b) Nothing, and Marlowe must come back later to find Lavery.
(c) Lavery answers immediately.
(d) Nothing, at first, and then Lavery looks out at him.
4. How much did Marlowe overpay for his phone call?
(a) Twenty cents.
(b) Five cents.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Fifteen cents.
5. What color is the lobby of the building Phillip Marlowe goes to at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) Silver and white.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Black and gold.
(d) Gray and yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the Prescott Hotel bellhop able to identify Crystal Kingsley from Marlowe's photograph?
2. What stops Marlowe from leaving, when he reaches down to turn on his ignition?
3. What does the sheriff imply about Bill's note from Muriel?
4. What does Degarmo accuse Marlowe of?
5. Why does Marlowe think Almore won't tell him anything about Lavery?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)