|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen - Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Marlowe ask for as a retainer?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) A hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) A hundred dollars.
2. What is the woman Marlowe meets at Lavery's house holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A chain.
(d) A gun.
3. What jarring action does Lavery take before Marlowe leaves?
(a) He spits on the rug.
(b) He slams the window shut.
(c) He bangs his fist on the wall.
(d) He laughs suddenly and inappropriately.
4. Who does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say will want to talk to Marlowe before the inquest?
(a) The San Bernardino District Attorney.
(b) The San Bernardino County Sheriff.
(c) The San Bernardino Coroner.
(d) The San Bernardino Police Department.
5. What clue does Marlowe see that Lavery was up at Little Fawn Lake?
(a) An arrangement of pine cones.
(b) A spray of dogwood.
(c) A spray of manzanita.
(d) An arrangement of lilac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe identify as Bill's biggest problem, if he killed Muriel?
2. Where does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say he's from?
3. Why does Marlowe think Almore won't tell him anything about Lavery?
4. What icon does Marlowe have on the business card that he doesn't give to Adrienne Fromsett?
5. What does Marlowe find out about De Soto when he calls the police department?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)