|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen - Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What icon does Marlowe have on the business card that he doesn't give to Adrienne Fromsett?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A large eye.
(c) A fingerprint.
(d) A tommy gun.
2. When Marlowe returns to the lake with the police, what has Bill Chess done?
(a) Gone missing.
(b) Gone to his cabin and passed out, drunk.
(c) Pulled the body out of the water.
(d) Fainted on the edge of the lake.
3. What does the guard at Puma Lake dam have Marlowe do before driving over?
(a) Present his identification.
(b) Pay an impromptu toll.
(c) Roll up his windows.
(d) Take a sobriety test.
4. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
(a) Drop the case.
(b) Investigate Muriel Chess's death.
(c) Explain why he's there and testify at an inquest.
(d) Stay in the mountain town at least a week.
5. What jarring action does Lavery take before Marlowe leaves?
(a) He slams the window shut.
(b) He spits on the rug.
(c) He laughs suddenly and inappropriately.
(d) He bangs his fist on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say will want to talk to Marlowe before the inquest?
2. How does Marlowe open the window of Bill Chess's cabin?
3. What does Derace Kingsley's company make?
4. What is on the walls of Bill Chess's bedroom?
5. How does Marlowe see Almore telephoning?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)