|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Revolution relate to reality?
(a) It brought about a new idea of reality.
(b) It was a sheer explosion of reality.
(c) It denied reality.
(d) It subtly altered the past idea of reality.
2. What question did Edmundo O'Gorman try to answer?
(a) What comprises America?
(b) Who are the Mexicans as a people?
(c) Where does the future lie?
(d) What is Mexico?
3. In the book's argument, what happens when a Mexican woman is passive?
(a) She embodies the ancient elements of earth, motherhood, and virginity.
(b) She functions as a channel of the ancient elements: Earth, motherhood, and virginity.
(c) She comes to believe in the societal values given her.
(d) She can no longer relate to the man.
4. What is the French sociologists' interpretation of the fiesta?
(a) The people's squandering of money appeases the gods.
(b) The people's disregard for death increases their sense of life.
(c) The people's disregard for obligations enhances their sense of time.
(d) The people's misunderstanding of life increases their desire for death.
5. Why does the worker lack mystery?
(a) He is bound to time and space.
(b) He is identical to his fellow man.
(c) He loses his communion with the Divine.
(d) He is confined to a small space in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are woman considered inferior people?
2. What was the motto of positivism?
3. According to Paz, why did the Revolution become a compromise?
4. Above all other definitions, who is the Chingada?
5. In Paz's understanding of genders, how do Mexican women become like men?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)