Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Moses after he is hobbled and has fallen into a depression so deep he refuses to eat or see anyone?
2. What is Skiffington concerned about in light of the number of missing slaves from Caldonia's plantation?
3. What happens to nine-year-old Abundance Crawford during the journey south with the slave traders?
4. What fate lies ahead of Jebediah when it is discovered he has forged his freedom papers?
5. Who is Saskia Wilhelm?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Skiffington. Who is Skiffington? What is remarkable about Skiffington's religious beliefs? Why? For whom does Skiffington work before he becomes sheriff? Why does Skiffington become sheriff? What does Skiffington do different from the earlier sheriff? Does this make things better or worse? Why? What is Skiffington's opinion of slavery? Why does Skiffington become a slave owner? How does Skiffington feel about his slave?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes from the novel:
3) Freed Slaves Owning Slaves
4) Extramarital Affairs
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following, citing references from the book:
1) Religious morality versus extramarital affairs.
2) The morality of the slaves versus the morality of the slave owners.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)