|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does John Skiffington suffer in the final chapters of the book?
(a) The flu.
(b) A headache.
(c) Small pox.
(d) A toothache.
2. What is the name on the wall hanging that Calvin sees in Washington D.C., causing him to write an excited letter to his sister, Caldonia?
(a) Patience Robbins.
(b) Minerva Skiffington.
(c) Henry Townsend.
(d) Alice Night..
3. What happens to nine-year-old Abundance Crawford during the journey south with the slave traders?
(a) She dies and is left abandoned on the side of the road.
(b) She becomes ill and is left with some racist slave patrollers on the side of the road.
(c) She breaks a leg and is left abandoned on the side of the road.
(d) She dies and they have a nice, impromtu funeral for her on the side of the road.
4. How does Caldonia react to the stricken slave and Moses' part in forcing that slave to work sick?
(a) Caldonia decides to sell Moses to another plantation.
(b) Caldonia accepts Moses' excuse and forgives him.
(c) Caldonia demands to be informed before Moses deals with a sick slave.
(d) Caldonia removes Moses as overseer.
5. Who falls in love with Saskia, making life infinitely easier for Counsel Skiffington?
(a) An unhappy slave.
(b) A creditor.
(c) A rival neighbor.
(d) A majority owner in the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skiffington turn to for advice on the laws regarding freed slaves and whether than can be sold into slavery?
2. What does Moses include in his reports to Caldonia every night?
3. Who gives food and shelter to Counsel when he reaches Merryville, Louisiana?
4. Why were Saskia and her husband exiled from England?
5. How far from the Townsend Plantation does Fern live?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)