|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Counsel Skiffington find inside the home while he is searching for Moses?
(a) Five silver rings.
(b) Five gold bowls.
(c) Five twenty dollar gold pieces.
(d) Five twenty dollar bills.
2. Who does Caldonia marry three years after her husband's death?
(a) Counsel Skiffington.
(c) William Robbins.
3. Who is named overseer in the wake of Moses' disappearance?
4. What does Moses include in his reports to Caldonia every night?
(a) Stories of how Henry built the house for her.
(b) Stories of how he would treat her if she were his wife.
(c) Stories of how Henry spoke fondly of her all through their marriage.
(d) Stories of how the slaves are building a rebellion against her.
5. Who believes Fern and her husband continue to owe four hundred and fifty dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls in love with Saskia, making life infinitely easier for Counsel Skiffington?
2. How long does Jebediah camp outside Fern's house before the slave patrol finally arrests him?
3. Who suggests that Moses be hobbled for running away?
4. How does Caldonia react to the stricken slave and Moses' part in forcing that slave to work sick?
5. Why does Jebediah accost Fern on the road to her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jebediah Dickinson arrested? What lie is revealed upon this arrest?
2. How does John Skiffington get killed?
3. What disease does Saskia Wilhelm contract that she exposes all the people on Counsel's plantation to?
4. Why does Moses force Celeste to work in the fields even though she claims to be sick?
5. Who does Caldonia put in charge of the slaves after Moses runs away?
6. What does Counsel find in Mildred's house?
7. Why does Moses force his way into Caldonia's house? What does he demand to know?
8. How does Mildred get killed?
9. Who is pressuring Skiffington to find Caldonia's missing slaves and what temptation is adding to Skiffington's stress?
10. Why does Saskia Wilhelm's husband force her into prostitution? Where does Saskia end up?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)