|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jebediah camp outside Fern's house before the slave patrol finally arrests him?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. What happens to the sick slave who Moses forces to work in the fields despite an illness?
(a) Elias suffers a seizure.
(b) Delphie has a heart attack.
(c) Gloria gives birth to a sickly baby.
(d) Celeste gives birth to a stillborn baby.
3. Who suggests that Moses be hobbled for running away?
4. Who is named overseer in the wake of Moses' disappearance?
5. What disease begins to sweep through the plantation, leaving most of the family and slaves dead?
(a) Black Plague.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Saskia Wilhelm?
2. Who tells Skiffington that Travis sold Augustus Townsend to slave traders?
3. What happens to nine-year-old Abundance Crawford during the journey south with the slave traders?
4. How far from the Townsend Plantation does Fern live?
5. Who does Robbins charge with finding Caldonia's lost slaves after admitting he has lost faith in John Skiffington as sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jebediah Dickinson arrested? What lie is revealed upon this arrest?
2. Why does Skiffington go to Mildred's house looking for Moses.
3. Why does a man named Hiram Jenkins want to kill Counsel after offering him shelter and food the night before?
4. Who is pressuring Skiffington to find Caldonia's missing slaves and what temptation is adding to Skiffington's stress?
5. Why does Moses force Celeste to work in the fields even though she claims to be sick?
6. What injury results in the amputation of Jebediah's foot? How does Fern respond to this operation?
7. What does Counsel find in Mildred's house?
8. How does John Skiffington get killed?
9. Why does Mildred not immediately report her husband missing when he does not return home from a business trip?
10. How does Mildred get killed?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)