|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Skiffington count Oden and his testimony for Travis about Augustus as that of only half a man?
(a) Oden is an Indian.
(b) Oden is a freed slave.
(c) Oden is a criminal.
(d) Oden is mentally impaired.
2. Who claims to be sick the following day and unable to work in the fields as ordered?
3. Why does Caldonia begin making silent visits to the slave quarters every night?
(a) To keep her loneliness and grief at bay.
(b) To possibly prevent any more runaways.
(c) To check on the health of slaves who have recently given birth.
(d) To make sure Moses is treating the slaves properly.
4. Who arrives in Manchester County, causing John Skiffington to think of Rip Van Winkle?
(a) Augustus Townsend.
(c) William Robbins.
(d) Counsel Skiffington.
5. Why does Jebediah accost Fern on the road to her home?
(a) He claims Ramsey stole his saddle.
(b) He claims Fern is his long lost sister.
(c) He claims Ramsey owes him five hundred dollars.
(d) He claims Fern stole his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skiffington believe is behind the disappearances of Alice, Priscilla, and Jamie?
2. Who does Caldonia marry three years after her husband's death?
3. What disease begins to sweep through the plantation, leaving most of the family and slaves dead?
4. Why were Saskia and her husband exiled from England?
5. What fate lies ahead of Jebediah when it is discovered he has forged his freedom papers?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)