|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Fern and her husband continue to owe four hundred and fifty dollars?
2. Who performs the procedure to hobble Moses?
3. Who disappears from Caldonia's plantation in the days after Alice, Priscilla, and Jamie leave?
(a) Moses, Elias, and Celeste.
(b) Stamford, Delphie, and Elias.
(c) Gloria and Stamford.
(d) Moses, Gloria, and Clement.
4. Why does this family turn on Counsel the very next morning, after offering him shelter and food the night before?
(a) Counsel stole money from their home.
(b) Counsel was caught stealing a horse.
(c) Counsel allowed the woman of the house to seduce him.
(d) Counsel revealed himself to be prejudice against blacks.
5. Who does Robbins charge with finding Caldonia's lost slaves after admitting he has lost faith in John Skiffington as sheriff?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the wall hanging that Calvin sees in Washington D.C., causing him to write an excited letter to his sister, Caldonia?
2. What does Augustus attempt to do the moment he is bought and paid for?
3. How far from the Townsend Plantation does Fern live?
4. What possession does Tessie show everyone, a possession she will cherish until she dies more than eighty years later?
5. Why is Wilson Calhenny kicked out of medical school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John Skiffington get killed?
2. What does Caldonia buy for her slaves that she earlier rejected but now sees as an asset.
3. Why does a man named Hiram Jenkins want to kill Counsel after offering him shelter and food the night before?
4. How does Mildred get killed?
5. Why is Jebediah Dickinson arrested? What lie is revealed upon this arrest?
6. Why does Moses encourages Alice, his wife, and son to run away?
7. Who buys Jebediah Dickinson upon learning that he is not free, but is a slave owned by a cruel pastor?
8. What does Counsel find in Mildred's house?
9. Who is pressuring Skiffington to find Caldonia's missing slaves and what temptation is adding to Skiffington's stress?
10. Why does Moses force Celeste to work in the fields even though she claims to be sick?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)