|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Saskia's husband force her into, first in Philadelphia, and later, North Carolina?
2. Who is Moses afraid might see him as he makes his nightly forays into the woods?
3. Who does Moses think needs to be out of the picture to clear the way for Caldonia to free him and marry him?
(a) Elias and Celeste.
(b) Louis and Calvin.
(c) Loretta and Bennett.
(d) Priscilla and Jamie.
4. What disease begins to sweep through the plantation, leaving most of the family and slaves dead?
(a) Black Plague.
(d) The flu.
5. Who is Ray Topps?
(a) A slave owner.
(b) An insurance man.
(c) A local merchant.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wilson Calhenny kicked out of medical school?
2. How does Topps define perishment?
3. Who has John Skiffington begun to lust after even as he begins to see his career falling apart?
4. What fate lies ahead of Jebediah when it is discovered he has forged his freedom papers?
5. Who performs the procedure to hobble Moses?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)