|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the comment that Moses is 'world stupid' give John Skiffington a new place to search for Moses?
(a) Skiffington believes Moses might have sought out refuge rather than attempt to leave the county.
(b) Skiffington realizes that Moses might have gone south rather than north.
(c) Skiffington believes Moses would be afraid to leave the county he knows.
(d) Skiffington believes Moses might have gone west rather than east.
2. Who believes Fern and her husband continue to owe four hundred and fifty dollars?
3. Where does Counsel hope to eventually make his home?
(a) Manchester County.
(c) New York.
4. Who claims that Jebediah forged his freedom papers?
(a) Sheriff Skiffington.
(b) Oden Peoples.
(d) His owner, Rev. Wilbur Mann.
5. Why was a white woman hanged in Bristol in front of more than three hundred people?
(a) For helping a slave escape.
(b) For handing out abolishonist pamphlets.
(c) For laying with a slave.
(d) For adultery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birth does Moses claim to have been present at, even though the reader knows Moses was not in Manchester County until many years later?
2. At whose home does Skiffington come to believe Moses is hiding out?
3. Why is Wilson Calhenny kicked out of medical school?
4. Who has John Skiffington begun to lust after even as he begins to see his career falling apart?
5. What ailment does John Skiffington suffer in the final chapters of the book?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)