|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Skiffington that Travis sold Augustus Townsend to slave traders?
(b) Counsel Skiffington.
(c) William Robbins.
(d) Barnum Kinsey.
2. Who says that Moses is 'world stupid', implying that he does not know North from South?
3. What possession does Tessie show everyone, a possession she will cherish until she dies more than eighty years later?
(a) The doll Elias carved for her.
(b) A horse Elias carved for her.
(c) A horse and buggy carving Moses gave her.
(d) A dress made for her dead baby sister.
4. Who does Robbins charge with finding Caldonia's lost slaves after admitting he has lost faith in John Skiffington as sheriff?
5. What plantation does Saskia come to live on?
(a) Townsend's Plantation.
(b) A Child's Dream.
(c) Robbins' Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Skiffington count Oden and his testimony for Travis about Augustus as that of only half a man?
2. Who does Moses think needs to be out of the picture to clear the way for Caldonia to free him and marry him?
3. Who does Mildred claim ignored her plea for help when she went to report her husband missing at the sheriff's office?
4. Who accuses Moses of working the slaves too hard and too late into the day?
5. What does Jebediah step on that causes an infection in his foot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Augustus killed?
2. Who buys Jebediah Dickinson upon learning that he is not free, but is a slave owned by a cruel pastor?
3. Who does Fern meet on the road as she returns home from consoling Caldonia over her loss for the past five weeks?
4. Why does Skiffington go to Mildred's house looking for Moses.
5. Why does Mildred not immediately report her husband missing when he does not return home from a business trip?
6. What object will Tessie, Elias' daughter, ask her children and grandchildren to find for her on her death bed?
7. What disease does Saskia Wilhelm contract that she exposes all the people on Counsel's plantation to?
8. Why does Moses encourages Alice, his wife, and son to run away?
9. Why is Jebediah Dickinson arrested? What lie is revealed upon this arrest?
10. What does Counsel find in Mildred's house?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)