|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes in Stamford to help heal his wounds after a fight with his cabin mate, Clement?
2. What does Broussard offer to buy for Skiffington with the proceeds from the sale of Moses?
(a) A new slave.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A new gun.
(d) A new map of the world.
3. What unusual demand does Moses make to Robbins?
(a) Moses insists that he is worth more than Robbins pays.
(b) Moses insists Robbins pay a good price.
(c) Moses insists he is a free man.
(d) Moses insists he and Bessie, the other slave, remain together.
4. Who stops Augustus as he makes his way home after delivery furniture to a client?
(a) Travis, Skiffington, and Robbins.
(b) Peoples, Kinsey, and Elias.
(c) Skiffington, Robbins, and Thomas.
(d) Travis, Peoples, and Kinsey.
5. What does the new sheriff organize to help crack down on runaway slaves?
(a) A fifty man militia.
(b) A twelve man slave patrol.
(c) A twenty man deputy roll.
(d) A hundred man military regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the fact that Henry Townsend owns slaves?
2. What mistake does Frazier make when he approaches this woman to discuss his latest writing project?
3. What does Caldonia order Moses to do in the future in regard to decisions about the slaves?
4. Who are Louis and Dora?
5. What is Broussard's punishment for his crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the fact that Henry Townsend owns slaves?
2. Why does Fern disagree with the idea that blacks owning slaves is like owning your own family?
3. What do the slaves fear upon learning of the death of Henry Townsend?
4. Who does Skiffington meet at his boss, Patterson's, house and where is she from?
5. Why does Clara Martin suddenly become convinced that her slave, Ralph, wants to kill her?
6. Why do landowners, such as Robbins, become unhappy with Patterson's reign as sheriff in Manchester County?
7. Who is Jean Boussard accused of killing?
8. Who is Luke? How does he die?
9. Who was Henry Townsend's first slave?
10. Where does Skiffington want to move and what does he plan to do with Minerva once they arrive?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)