Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caldonia order Moses to do in the future in regard to decisions about the slaves?
(a) To make a nightly report to her personally.
(b) To create a democracy where all the slaves make the major decisions.
(c) To leave decision making to her and her family.
(d) To turn over the overseer's job to Louis.
2. Who was to perform the funeral service for Henry Townsend?
(a) Rev. Morris.
(d) Rev. Moffett.
3. Where do Augustus and Mildred stay when they are visiting their son's plantation?
(a) A mother-in-law house.
(b) The main house.
(c) An apartment over the garage.
(d) The slave quarters.
4. What does Robbins want to see happen to help support the sheriff's actions?
(a) A militia formed.
(b) A military regime brought in.
(c) A slave patrol organized.
(d) An increase in the number of deputies.
5. Why do people believe Alice wanders at night?
(a) Alice was hit in the head by a mule.
(b) Alice was abused by a previous owner.
(c) Alice is looking for her missing child.
(d) Alice is afraid of small spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stamford believe is his fate?
2. What is Anderson Frazier's latest project about?
3. What ailment does Robbins suffer from?
4. Why does the slave, Stamford, insist on only consorting with young women rather than women his own age?
5. Who is prisoner Jean Broussard accused of killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the 'Rita-thing'?
2. What is Caldonia's twin brother, Calvin's, opinion on the slaves? Why?
3. What object will Tessie, Elias' daughter, ask her children and grandchildren to find for her on her death bed?
4. As Skiffington begins to investigate the disappearance of Moses' family and Alice, what does he begin to suspect?
5. What or who does Robbins buy from Broussard?
6. Who was Henry Townsend's first slave?
7. What punishment did Henry demand for Elias after he attempted to run away? Why?
8. Why does Moses force his way into Caldonia's house? What does he demand to know?
9. What promise does Caldonia make to the slaves after her husband's death?
10. What injury results in the amputation of Jebediah's foot? How does Fern respond to this operation?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)