Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Moses after he is hobbled and has fallen into a depression so deep he refuses to eat or see anyone?
2. What is Skiffington concerned about in light of the number of missing slaves from Caldonia's plantation?
(a) That Robbins will lose faith in him like he did Patterson.
(b) That the missing slaves will be killed by his patrollers.
(c) That Caldonia will move to have him replaced as sheriff for not finding her slaves.
(d) That the missing slaves will kill him in his sleep.
3. What happens to nine-year-old Abundance Crawford during the journey south with the slave traders?
(a) She dies and is left abandoned on the side of the road.
(b) She dies and they have a nice, impromtu funeral for her on the side of the road.
(c) She breaks a leg and is left abandoned on the side of the road.
(d) She becomes ill and is left with some racist slave patrollers on the side of the road.
4. What fate lies ahead of Jebediah when it is discovered he has forged his freedom papers?
(a) Constant beatings from his owner.
(b) Sale to a new owner.
(d) Jail time.
5. Who is Saskia Wilhelm?
(a) An immigrant from Ireland.
(b) An immigrant from the Netherlands.
(c) An immigrant from Lyberia.
(d) An immigrant from England.
6. Who suggests that Moses be hobbled for running away?
7. How much does Caldonia estimate Alice, Priscilla, and Jamie are worth based on the books Henry kept in regard to the slaves?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
8. Where does Counsel hope to eventually make his home?
(c) Manchester County.
(d) New York.
9. At whose home does Skiffington come to believe Moses is hiding out?
(a) William Robbins'.
(b) Mildred Townsend's.
(c) Gilly Patterson's.
(d) Caldonia Townsend's.
10. Who does Robbins charge with finding Caldonia's lost slaves after admitting he has lost faith in John Skiffington as sheriff?
11. What happens to the sick slave who Moses forces to work in the fields despite an illness?
(a) Celeste gives birth to a stillborn baby.
(b) Delphie has a heart attack.
(c) Gloria gives birth to a sickly baby.
(d) Elias suffers a seizure.
12. What does Augustus attempt to do the moment he is bought and paid for?
(a) Sue the slave patrol and the slave traders for kidnapping.
(b) Demand his freedom.
(c) Return to Virginia.
(d) Kill Darcy and Stennis for their cruelties.
13. How many free blacks do the slave traders sell along their journey south?
14. What plantation does Saskia come to live on?
(b) Robbins' Plantation.
(c) Townsend's Plantation.
(d) A Child's Dream.
15. Who are the majority of the employees at the hotel/restaurant/saloon that Alice, Priscilla, and James own in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Poor whites.
(b) Runaway slaves.
(c) Minorities of all racial backgrounds.
(d) Freed blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Skiffington turn to for advice on the laws regarding freed slaves and whether than can be sold into slavery?
2. Who says that Moses is 'world stupid', implying that he does not know North from South?
3. What does Counsel Skiffington take from a nice couple who nursed him through an illness in South Carolina?
4. Why does Skiffington count Oden and his testimony for Travis about Augustus as that of only half a man?
5. What possession does Tessie show everyone, a possession she will cherish until she dies more than eighty years later?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)