Short Answer Questions Key
1. Who is Moses?
Overseer of slaves on a Virginia plantation.
2. Why do people believe Alice wanders at night?
Alice was hit in the head by a mule.
3. What object is Elias whittling in Chapter 1?
4. Who dies as his wife and teacher discuss the fate of two slaves whose owner has died?
5. What does Augustus Townsend do to make his living?
6. Who does Augustus buy from his former owner, William Robbins?
His wife, Mildred.
This section contains 5,429 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)