|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rita?
(a) A slave who became surrogate mother to Henry Townsend after his parents bought their freedom.
(b) A slave who knows how to read and teaches others to read.
(c) A slave who works as personal maid to Robbins' wife.
(d) A slave who was killed by a slave owner attempting to cause fear in other runaway slaves.
2. What does Caldonia order Moses to do in the future in regard to decisions about the slaves?
(a) To create a democracy where all the slaves make the major decisions.
(b) To leave decision making to her and her family.
(c) To make a nightly report to her personally.
(d) To turn over the overseer's job to Louis.
3. What is John Skiffington's job at the time he decides to marry?
(a) Slave patroller.
(c) Deputy sheriff.
4. Why does Fern believe Caldonia's mother never would have allowed Henry to court her daughter?
(a) He owned slaves.
(b) His skin was darker than Caldonia's.
(c) He had no money.
(d) He was once a slave himself.
5. How many children do Caldonia and Henry have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broussard speak to Robbins about during his visit to the jail?
2. What is the first gift Elias ever whittled and who was it for?
3. What do the slaves on Townsend Plantation fear most when they hear of the death of Henry Townsend?
4. What unusual demand does Moses make to Robbins?
5. What causes a fight between Stamford and his cabin mate, Clement?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)