|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robbins want to see happen to help support the sheriff's actions?
(a) A slave patrol organized.
(b) A militia formed.
(c) An increase in the number of deputies.
(d) A military regime brought in.
2. What ailment does Robbins suffer from?
(a) High blood pressure.
3. Who does Fern say was the first freed slave she taught and possibly her brightest student?
4. Why does Skiffington believe slavery is just and should be preserved?
(a) Due to the fact that it is legal under Virginia law.
(b) Due to the fact that it is sanctioned in the Bible.
(c) Due to the fact that he enjoys keeping slaves.
(d) Due to the fact that the Southern economy relies on it.
5. With whom does Skiffington side when the feud over Travis' cow gets out of hand?
(b) The new owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the shipping crate take Rita?
2. What do the slaves on Townsend Plantation fear most when they hear of the death of Henry Townsend?
3. Why do Robbins and Henry come to the sheriff's office to see Skiffington while Broussard is a prisoner there?
4. What does Broussard speak to Robbins about during his visit to the jail?
5. What did Maude do to stop her husband from doing what he wanted with his slaves?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)