|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Alice's owners put up with her odd behavior?
(a) Alice is a good worker.
(b) Alice is a brillant artist.
(c) Alice is entertaining.
(d) Alice is the daughter of the owner's cousin.
2. To whom does patroller Travis sell a dying cow?
(a) Henry Townsend.
(b) Clarence Wilford.
(c) Oden Peoples.
(d) Barnum Kinsey.
3. Who was to perform the funeral service for Henry Townsend?
(a) Rev. Moffett.
(b) Rev. Morris.
4. Why does Loretta suggest fieldwork be suspended in the aftermath of Henry Townsend's death?
(a) To prevent misunderstandings later.
(b) To prevent spoiling the journey of Henry's soul.
(c) To keep from disturbing the mourners.
(d) To wait until decisions are made as to what to do with the plantation and slaves.
5. Who is Moses?
(a) Farmer in Virginia.
(b) Overseer of slaves on a Virginia plantation.
(c) Slave owner on a Virginia plantation.
(d) Son of a plantation owner in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robbins continuously raise the asking price for Henry as Augustus attempts to buy his freedom?
2. What does Broussard offer to buy for Skiffington with the proceeds from the sale of Moses?
3. How is Luke killed?
4. Who admonishes Henry to show vigilance and responsibility toward his slaves?
5. Who is Rita?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)