|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robbins chase down Philamena himself when she runs away to Richmond a second time?
(a) She is his slave.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his lover.
(d) She is his wife.
2. Why does John Skiffington decide to marry?
(a) To have children.
(b) To have a companion.
(c) To obey the Bible.
(d) To please his father.
3. What does Skiffington think should be done with Minerva, his slave, if the family were to move?
(a) She should be forced into a beneficial marriage.
(b) She should remain with the family who cares for her.
(c) She should be freed.
(d) She should be sold to a plantation.
4. What does the new sheriff organize to help crack down on runaway slaves?
(a) A twelve man slave patrol.
(b) A hundred man military regiment.
(c) A twenty man deputy roll.
(d) A fifty man militia.
5. What object is Elias whittling in Chapter 1?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A horse.
(c) A doll.
(d) A bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calvin swear he would do with his own slaves if his mother was not standing in his way?
2. Who is Skiffington's future bride?
3. Who does Anderson Frazier approach to speak to about his latest writing project?
4. What is the first gift Elias ever whittled and who was it for?
5. In whose crate does Rita hide in order to attempt her escape?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)