|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robbins continuously raise the asking price for Henry as Augustus attempts to buy his freedom?
(a) Robbins does not want to separate Henry from his surrogate mother, Rita.
(b) Robbins does not believe any slave should be free.
(c) Robbins cares for Henry and likes his quaility of work.
(d) Robbins does not believe Henry should be free.
2. What punishment did Henry hire Oden Peoples to carry out against Elias for attempting to run away?
(a) Cut off his toes.
(b) Hobble him.
(c) Cut off his ear.
(d) Cut off his tongue.
3. To whom does patroller Travis sell a dying cow?
(a) Clarence Wilford.
(b) Henry Townsend.
(c) Barnum Kinsey.
(d) Oden Peoples.
4. What did Maude's husband, Tilmon, want to do with their slaves after the death of their third child?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Buy more.
(d) Free them.
5. What inspires the punishment Henry orders for Elias when he is caught attempting to run away?
(a) His own imagination.
(b) A story told to him by other slave owners.
(c) A slave Henry knew as a child with a similar injury.
(d) A story in the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Robbins suffer from?
2. What does the Act of 1806 require?
3. Who is Reverend Moffett having an affair with?
4. Where does Skiffington meet his future bride?
5. Who is Moses?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)