|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Revend Moffett preach obedience?
(a) Indentured slaves.
(b) Law officials.
(c) The slaves.
(d) White servants.
2. Which woman does Elias develop an affection for while a slave on the Townsend Plantation?
3. What does Skiffington think should be done with Minerva, his slave, if the family were to move?
(a) She should be sold to a plantation.
(b) She should be forced into a beneficial marriage.
(c) She should remain with the family who cares for her.
(d) She should be freed.
4. How many children do Caldonia and Henry have?
5. Why did John Skiffington leave North Carolina?
(a) To bury his mother in her home state.
(b) To move to a state where slave ownership was legal and encouraged.
(c) To be closer to his father's relatives.
(d) His father had a dream that they should free their slaves and all the slaves of the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Augustus buy from his former owner, William Robbins?
2. Who is exempt from the Act of 1806 because of the generosity of local whites?
3. What has Fern's mother taught her about the man she should marry?
4. In whose crate does Rita hide in order to attempt her escape?
5. What inspires the punishment Henry orders for Elias when he is caught attempting to run away?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)