|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose crate does Rita hide in order to attempt her escape?
(a) The Robbins'.
(b) The Townsends'.
(c) The Skiffingtons'.
(d) The Pattersons'.
2. What do Henry's parents often bring him on their Sunday visits to Robbins' plantation?
3. Who are Louis and Dora?
(a) Robbins' freed servants.
(b) Robbins' children with his wife.
(c) Robbins' slaves.
(d) Robbins' children with Philamena.
4. How does Robbins react when he finds Philamena in Richmond after she has run away a second time?
(a) He offers her a divorce.
(b) He threatens to lock her in her room,
(c) He has her arrested.
(d) He beats her to near death.
5. What ailment does Robbins suffer from?
(b) High blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does one of the jurors on Broussard's trial believe the man was convicted?
2. What does Skiffington often stop to do while traveling on horseback?
3. Why does John Skiffington decide to marry?
4. Which woman does Elias develop an affection for while a slave on the Townsend Plantation?
5. To whom does Revend Moffett preach obedience?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)