|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice often do as she walks down the road?
(a) Picks weeds.
(b) Talks to herself.
(d) Calls for her missing family.
2. Who is exempt from the Act of 1806 because of the generosity of local whites?
3. Why do Alice's owners put up with her odd behavior?
(a) Alice is a brillant artist.
(b) Alice is the daughter of the owner's cousin.
(c) Alice is a good worker.
(d) Alice is entertaining.
4. What is unusual about the fact that Henry Townsend owns slaves?
(a) Henry was once a slave himself.
(b) Henry is the child of slaves currently owned by a neighbor.
(c) Henry was beaten by slaves.
(d) Henry is an abolitionist.
5. What is John Skiffington's job at the time he decides to marry?
(a) Slave patroller.
(d) Deputy sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robbins want to see happen to help support the sheriff's actions?
2. Who does Henry attempt to choke during a disagreement over dinner at Fern's one Sunday night?
3. Why does Loretta suggest fieldwork be suspended in the aftermath of Henry Townsend's death?
4. Who is Moses?
5. To whom does Revend Moffett preach obedience?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)