|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Caldonia and Henry have?
2. For whom does John Skiffington work?
(a) Sheriff Gilly Patterson.
(b) William Robbins.
(c) The people of Manchester County.
(d) Henry Townsend.
3. Why do the large landowners of Manchester County become unhappy with Sheriff Patterson?
(a) Due to the increase in crime.
(b) Due to incidences of cruelty against slaves.
(c) Due to the incidences of missing slaves.
(d) Due to an increase in the sheriff's salary.
4. Who opens the crate and frees Rita after her forty-one hour trip East?
(a) Augustus Townsend.
(b) A cop named Paddy Smith.
(c) William Robbins.
(d) An immigrant named Mary Conlon.
5. What object is Elias whittling in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice often do as she walks down the road?
2. Who digs Henry's grave before the funeral service?
3. What does the new sheriff organize to help crack down on runaway slaves?
4. What is the first gift Elias ever whittled and who was it for?
5. What does Henry do with the gift his parents bring him every Sunday during their visits?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)