|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people believe Alice wanders at night?
(a) Alice is looking for her missing child.
(b) Alice was hit in the head by a mule.
(c) Alice was abused by a previous owner.
(d) Alice is afraid of small spaces.
2. Where does Counsel hope to eventually make his home?
(b) Manchester County.
(c) New York.
3. Who does Augustus buy from his former owner, William Robbins?
(a) His son, Jack.
(b) His wife, Mildred.
(c) His cousin, Mike.
(d) His mother, Rita.
4. Why was a white woman hanged in Bristol in front of more than three hundred people?
(a) For adultery.
(b) For handing out abolishonist pamphlets.
(c) For helping a slave escape.
(d) For laying with a slave.
5. With whom does Skiffington side when the feud over Travis' cow gets out of hand?
(c) The new owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat does Robbins level on Philamena when she returns from Richmond after her second attempt to run away?
2. Who is Rita?
3. Who is chosen to be sheriff when Patterson resigns two years later?
4. Who disappears from Caldonia's plantation in the days after Alice, Priscilla, and Jamie leave?
5. What is John Skiffington's job at the time he decides to marry?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)