|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that Jebediah forged his freedom papers?
(a) Sheriff Skiffington.
(b) His owner, Rev. Wilbur Mann.
(c) Oden Peoples.
2. Where does Counsel hope to eventually make his home?
(a) Manchester County.
(d) New York.
3. What does Rita hide under inside this crate in order to escape?
(a) William Robbins' whips.
(b) Augustus Townsend's walking sticks.
(c) Gilly Patterson's clothing.
(d) John Skiffington's books.
4. Who becomes Henry's mentor despite Augustus' disapproval?
(a) Oden Peoples.
(b) Barnum Kinsey.
(c) William Robbins.
(d) John Skiffington.
5. What word does Maude use to refer to Caldonia and Calvin's slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the large landowners of Manchester County become unhappy with Sheriff Patterson?
2. From whom does Henry buy his first piece of land and his first slave?
3. Why does Robbins continuously raise the asking price for Henry as Augustus attempts to buy his freedom?
4. How far from the Townsend Plantation does Fern live?
5. Why does Skiffington fight his lust for this other woman in his life?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)