|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Augustus buy from his former owner, William Robbins?
(a) His cousin, Mike.
(b) His son, Jack.
(c) His wife, Mildred.
(d) His mother, Rita.
2. Why does Skiffington believe slavery is just and should be preserved?
(a) Due to the fact that it is legal under Virginia law.
(b) Due to the fact that the Southern economy relies on it.
(c) Due to the fact that it is sanctioned in the Bible.
(d) Due to the fact that he enjoys keeping slaves.
3. Where does Skiffington meet his future bride?
(a) At the local merchantile.
(b) At the home of William Robbins.
(c) At the home of Gilly Patterson.
(d) At the local hotel.
4. What unique problem does the arrest of Jebediah present for Sheriff Skiffington?
(a) Skiffington does not believe Jebediah has commited a crime.
(b) Skiffington does not want to put a black in a cell often occupied by whites.
(c) Skiffington has too many prisoners to house another.
(d) Skiffington is confronted with health problems Jebediah will need help in controlling during his imprisonment.
5. Who does Skiffington turn to for advice on the laws regarding freed slaves and whether than can be sold into slavery?
(a) Gilly Patterson, his former boss.
(b) Mildred Townsend, a freed slave.
(c) Harry Sanderson, his liaison in Richmond.
(d) William Robbins, a local landowner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Calvin dream of going to, in hopes that his passions will be reciprocated?
2. What decision does Moses make that angers Caldonia?
3. Who is exempt from the Act of 1806 because of the generosity of local whites?
4. Who claims to be sick the following day and unable to work in the fields as ordered?
5. Who is Skiffington's future bride?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)