|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Robbins suffer from?
(c) High blood pressure.
2. What event caused the loss of county records in Manchester County?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The dissolution of the county.
(c) A 1912 fire.
(d) An earthquake.
3. Who opens the crate and frees Rita after her forty-one hour trip East?
(a) A cop named Paddy Smith.
(b) An immigrant named Mary Conlon.
(c) Augustus Townsend.
(d) William Robbins.
4. Why does Robbins chase down Philamena himself when she runs away to Richmond a second time?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his slave.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) She is his lover.
5. What fear causes Clara to call Skiffington to her home?
(a) That her slave, Ralph, is stealing from her.
(b) That her slave, Ralph, is going to run away.
(c) That her slave, Ralph, is going to kill her.
(d) That her slave, Ralph, is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Act of 1806 require?
2. What does Counsel Skiffington take from a nice couple who nursed him through an illness in South Carolina?
3. With whom does Skiffington side when the feud over Travis' cow gets out of hand?
4. What does Caldonia swear she intends to do with the slaves?
5. Who does Fern say was the first freed slave she taught and possibly her brightest student?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)