|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John Skiffington leave North Carolina?
(a) His father had a dream that they should free their slaves and all the slaves of the state.
(b) To bury his mother in her home state.
(c) To move to a state where slave ownership was legal and encouraged.
(d) To be closer to his father's relatives.
2. What does Alice often do as she walks down the road?
(a) Calls for her missing family.
(b) Talks to herself.
(c) Picks weeds.
3. Why are the slave patrols formed?
(a) To find two slaves who escaped Robbins' plantation.
(b) To find two slaves Robbins mistakenly sold.
(c) To find slaves stolen by abolishonists.
(d) To find Henry's parents after they ran away.
4. Where does Henry request he be buried?
(a) In the same cemetery, near but not among, the slaves who have died on his plantation.
(b) In a separate cemetery from the slaves who have died on the plantation.
(c) Near the house, separate from the family cemetery.
(d) In the Robbins' family cemetery.
5. Who digs Henry's grave before the funeral service?
(a) Calvin, Louis, and Augustus.
(b) Moses, Elias, and Stamford.
(c) Calvin, Robbins, and Moses.
(d) The male slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Revend Moffett preach obedience?
2. Who is Luke?
3. From whom does Henry buy his first piece of land and his first slave?
4. What is John Skiffington's job at the time he decides to marry?
5. What gift does John Skiffington's cousin, Counsel, give to him at the wedding?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)