|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fern believe Caldonia's mother never would have allowed Henry to court her daughter?
(a) His skin was darker than Caldonia's.
(b) He was once a slave himself.
(c) He owned slaves.
(d) He had no money.
2. What plantation does Saskia come to live on?
(a) A Child's Dream.
(b) Robbins' Plantation.
(d) Townsend's Plantation.
3. Why does Robbins chase down Philamena himself when she runs away to Richmond a second time?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his slave.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) She is his lover.
4. Where do Augustus and Mildred stay when they are visiting their son's plantation?
(a) The main house.
(b) A mother-in-law house.
(c) The slave quarters.
(d) An apartment over the garage.
5. What language does the leader of this group Counsel runs into in Texas speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skiffington meet his future bride?
2. Who is chosen to be sheriff when Patterson resigns two years later?
3. What decision does Moses make that angers Caldonia?
4. Why does the slave, Stamford, insist on only consorting with young women rather than women his own age?
5. What does Robbins want to see happen to help support the sheriff's actions?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)