|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Luke?
(a) A twelve year old slave who makes trouble on the Townsend plantation.
(b) The twelve year old son of Moses.
(c) The twelve year old son of Henry Townsend.
(d) A twelve year old boy Celeste and Elias have befriended.
2. What is John Skiffington's job at the time he decides to marry?
(c) Slave patroller.
(d) Deputy sheriff.
3. What punishment did Henry hire Oden Peoples to carry out against Elias for attempting to run away?
(a) Cut off his tongue.
(b) Hobble him.
(c) Cut off his ear.
(d) Cut off his toes.
4. Why does the slave, Stamford, insist on only consorting with young women rather than women his own age?
(a) He believes only the young ones can excite his desires.
(b) He believes only the young ones understand his needs.
(c) He believes only the young ones can keep up with his stamina.
(d) He believes the young ones will help make being a slave easier to stand.
5. Who does Caldonia believe is a better master to slaves--a white man or a black man?
(a) A black man with a white overseer.
(b) A black man.
(c) A white man with a black overseer.
(d) A white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the shipping crate take Rita?
2. What plantation does Saskia come to live on?
3. Who stops Augustus as he makes his way home after delivery furniture to a client?
4. Why does Fern believe Caldonia's mother never would have allowed Henry to court her daughter?
5. What does Robbins want to see happen to help support the sheriff's actions?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)