|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Maude use to refer to Caldonia and Calvin's slaves?
2. How many free blacks do the slave traders sell along their journey south?
3. Who is Reverend Moffett having an affair with?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister-in-law.
4. Why does the slave, Stamford, insist on only consorting with young women rather than women his own age?
(a) He believes only the young ones can keep up with his stamina.
(b) He believes the young ones will help make being a slave easier to stand.
(c) He believes only the young ones can excite his desires.
(d) He believes only the young ones understand his needs.
5. What does Caldonia order Moses to do in the future in regard to decisions about the slaves?
(a) To create a democracy where all the slaves make the major decisions.
(b) To make a nightly report to her personally.
(c) To leave decision making to her and her family.
(d) To turn over the overseer's job to Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires the punishment Henry orders for Elias when he is caught attempting to run away?
2. What do the slaves on Townsend Plantation fear most when they hear of the death of Henry Townsend?
3. What do these men do to Augustus despite the fact that he is a free man?
4. To whom does Revend Moffett preach obedience?
5. Who does Moses think needs to be out of the picture to clear the way for Caldonia to free him and marry him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)