1. Who is Moses?
(a) Slave owner on a Virginia plantation.
(b) Overseer of slaves on a Virginia plantation.
(c) Farmer in Virginia.
(d) Son of a plantation owner in Virginia.
2. Why do people believe Alice wanders at night?
(a) Alice is looking for her missing child.
(b) Alice was abused by a previous owner.
(c) Alice is afraid of small spaces.
(d) Alice was hit in the head by a mule.
3. What object is Elias whittling in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A whistle.
4. Who dies as his wife and teacher discuss the fate of two slaves whose owner has died?
(a) William Robbins.
(b) Calvin Newman.
(c) Henry Townsend.
(d) John Skiffington.
5. What does Augustus Townsend do to make his living?
(a) Makes boots.
(b) Builds furniture.
(c) Serves food in a restaurant.
(d) Is a deputy sheriff.
6. Who does Augustus buy from his former owner, William Robbins?
(a) His son, Jack.
(b) His cousin, Mike.
(c) His mother, Rita.
(d) His wife, Mildred.
This section contains 5,429 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)