1. Who is Moses?
(a) Son of a plantation owner in Virginia.
(b) Farmer in Virginia.
(c) Overseer of slaves on a Virginia plantation.
(d) Slave owner on a Virginia plantation.
2. Why do people believe Alice wanders at night?
(a) Alice is looking for her missing child.
(b) Alice is afraid of small spaces.
(c) Alice was abused by a previous owner.
(d) Alice was hit in the head by a mule.
3. What object is Elias whittling in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A horse.
4. Who dies as his wife and teacher discuss the fate of two slaves whose owner has died?
(a) John Skiffington.
(b) William Robbins.
(c) Henry Townsend.
(d) Calvin Newman.
5. What does Augustus Townsend do to make his living?
(a) Builds furniture.
(b) Is a deputy sheriff.
(c) Serves food in a restaurant.
(d) Makes boots.
6. Who does Augustus buy from his former owner, William Robbins?
(a) His mother, Rita.
(b) His wife, Mildred.
(c) His son, Jack.
(d) His cousin, Mike.
This section contains 5,429 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)