|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
2. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
3. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
4. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
5. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
Essay Topic 1
Kinship is an important aspect of this book. Describe the various components of kinship throughout the book, using examples from the text. Describe your own views of kinship and how it may vary from that the author describes.
• Describe the components of kinship used by the author
• Use examples from the text
• Describe your own views of kinship
• Describe how it varies or is the same as that of the author
Essay Topic 2
If Amir had the power to travel back in time and change one choice that he made, which event do you believe he would change and why would he choose to change it?
• Describe which event he would change
• Describe why he would choose that event
Essay Topic 3
In this story, Amir often feels guilt and deals with it inappropriately. Describe how Amir both feels guilt and how he deals with it. Describe a time where you felt guilty and how you dealt with it. As you reflect on how you handled it, determine whether it was appropriate or inappropriate. Justify your decision.
• Describe Amir's feelings of guilt
• Describe how Amir deals with his guilt
• Describe a time you felt guilty and how you handled it
• Determine if it was appropriate or inappropriate
• Justify your decision
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)