Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
2. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
3. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
4. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
5. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
Essay Topic 1
Religion was an underlying theme interwoven throughout this book. Describe in detail what effect his religious beliefs had on Amir using at least five examples from the story. Then compare Amir's views and beliefs as related to religion to that of another character in the story, using specific examples from the book.
* Describe the effect of religion on Amir
* Compare Amir's beliefs about religion to another character in the story
* Use examples from the text to support your statements
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the changes Amir went through throughout the book using specific examples from the text. Compare his changes to your own personal changes in opinion on this region and the reign of the Taliban.
* Describe Amir's changes
* Use examples from the text
* Describe your changes in opinions about Afghanistan and the culture of its people
Essay Topic 3
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
* Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
* Support your answer with information from the text
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)