|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
2. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
3. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
4. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
5. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amir's mother died shortly after his birth. Describe how his life might have been different had his mother survived.
• Describe how Amir's life might have been different had his mother survived
Essay Topic 2
In this story, Amir often feels guilt and deals with it inappropriately. Describe how Amir both feels guilt and how he deals with it. Describe a time where you felt guilty and how you dealt with it. As you reflect on how you handled it, determine whether it was appropriate or inappropriate. Justify your decision.
• Describe Amir's feelings of guilt
• Describe how Amir deals with his guilt
• Describe a time you felt guilty and how you handled it
• Determine if it was appropriate or inappropriate
• Justify your decision
Essay Topic 3
The Taliban, as described in this book, violated numerous human rights. Describe how basic human rights were violated using supporting details from the text. Identify, what in your opinion, should be basic human rights.
• Describe basic human rights that were violated by the Taliban
• Use supporting details from the text
• Identify what should be basic human rights
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)