|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
2. What happens to Hassan's first child?
3. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
4. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
5. Who is Hassan's father?
Essay Topic 1
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
• Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
• Support your answer with information from the text
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters from this book. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters using specific examples from the story.
• Choose two characters
• Compare the two characters
• Contrast the two characters
Essay Topic 3
Religion was an underlying theme interwoven throughout this book. Describe in detail what effect his religious beliefs had on Amir using at least five examples from the story. Then compare Amir's views and beliefs as related to religion to that of another character in the story, using specific examples from the book.
• Describe the effect of religion on Amir
• Compare Amir's beliefs about religion to another character in the story
• Use examples from the text to support your statements
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)