|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
2. At first, the people of Afghanistan viewed the Taliban as what?
3. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
4. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
5. Who is the man with the sunglasses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters from this book. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters using specific examples from the story.
• Choose two characters
• Compare the two characters
• Contrast the two characters
Essay Topic 2
Write a comparison essay comparing Kabul from Amir's childhood to the Kabul he returned to as an adult. Be sure to include specific examples from the text.
• Compare Kabul from the past with the present
• Use specific examples from the text
Essay Topic 3
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
• Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
• Support your answer with information from the text
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)