Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
2. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
3. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
4. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
5. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the universal ethical code pertaining to personal gain at the expense of others is utilized throughout this book. Use specific examples from the text to support your description.
* Describe how one rarely gets satisfaction at the expense of others
* Use specific examples from the text
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book, Amir appeared weak, but by the end of the book he seemed much stronger and even brave. Explain how this change occurred using supporting details from the text. Compare the changes Amir makes to your own life. Have you become stronger? In what way?
* Describe Amir's changes
* Use supporting details from the text
* Describe changes in your own life in a similar manner to Amirs
Essay Topic 3
Irony was used frequently throughout The Kite Runner. Describe at least four ironies the author describes in the text and what makes them ironic.
* Describe at least four instances of irony from the text
* Describe why they are ironic
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)