|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
2. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
4. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
5. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
2. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
3. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
4. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
5. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
6. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
7. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
8. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
9. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
10. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Amir had the power to travel back in time and change one choice that he made, which event do you believe he would change and why would he choose to change it?
• Describe which event he would change
• Describe why he would choose that event
Essay Topic 2
Was Amir a good man? Support your position with specific examples from the text.
• Describe whether or not Amir was a good man
• Use supporting details from the text to support your opinion
Essay Topic 3
Every year, many teens attempt suicide. Explain what drove Sohrab to attempt suicide in the story and what might drive a teen in America to do the same thing.
• Explain what drove Sohrab to attempt suicide
• Explain why a modern American teen might attempt suicide
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)