|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hassan's first child?
2. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
3. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
4. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
5. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
Essay Topic 1
Every year, many teens attempt suicide. Explain what drove Sohrab to attempt suicide in the story and what might drive a teen in America to do the same thing.
• Explain what drove Sohrab to attempt suicide
• Explain why a modern American teen might attempt suicide
Essay Topic 2
The author used the writing technique of flashbacks throughout this book. Was this an effective writing technique? Why or why not?
• Describe whether or not the use of flashbacks was an effective writing technique
• Detail why or why not
Essay Topic 3
The Taliban, as described in this book, violated numerous human rights. Describe how basic human rights were violated using supporting details from the text. Identify, what in your opinion, should be basic human rights.
• Describe basic human rights that were violated by the Taliban
• Use supporting details from the text
• Identify what should be basic human rights
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)