Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
2. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
2. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
4. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
5. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
8. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
9. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
10. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the universal ethical code pertaining to personal gain at the expense of others is utilized throughout this book. Use specific examples from the text to support your description.
* Describe how one rarely gets satisfaction at the expense of others
* Use specific examples from the text
Essay Topic 2
In the story, Amir felt as if he was letting his father down by becoming a writer and being weak because of it. Are there certain professions which make a person weak? Justify your answer.
* Decide if a profession can make a person weak.
* Justify your answer
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters from this book. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters using specific examples from the story.
* Choose two characters
* Compare the two characters
* Contrast the two characters
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)