|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the truck taking Baba, Amir, and other refugees to Pakistan?
2. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
3. Which of the following is not of the same ethnicity as Amir?
4. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
5. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
2. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
3. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
4. When and where did Amir come of age?
5. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
6. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
7. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
8. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
9. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
10. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used the writing technique of flashbacks throughout this book. Was this an effective writing technique? Why or why not?
• Describe whether or not the use of flashbacks was an effective writing technique
• Detail why or why not
Essay Topic 2
If Amir had the power to travel back in time and change one choice that he made, which event do you believe he would change and why would he choose to change it?
• Describe which event he would change
• Describe why he would choose that event
Essay Topic 3
In the story, Amir felt as if he was letting his father down by becoming a writer and being weak because of it. Are there certain professions which make a person weak? Justify your answer.
• Decide if a profession can make a person weak.
• Justify your answer
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)