|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
2. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
3. Which of the following is Amir's greatest fear as a child?
4. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
5. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
2. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
3. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
4. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
5. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
7. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
8. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
9. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
10. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a comparison essay comparing Kabul from Amir's childhood to the Kabul he returned to as an adult. Be sure to include specific examples from the text.
• Compare Kabul from the past with the present
• Use specific examples from the text
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters from this book. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters using specific examples from the story.
• Choose two characters
• Compare the two characters
• Contrast the two characters
Essay Topic 3
The author used the writing technique of flashbacks throughout this book. Was this an effective writing technique? Why or why not?
• Describe whether or not the use of flashbacks was an effective writing technique
• Detail why or why not
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)