Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
2. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
2. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
4. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
5. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
8. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
9. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
10. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
Essay Topic 1
Imagine you could interview one of the characters from this book. Which character would you interview and why? Then write ten questions you would ask that character and the answer you would expect them to give.
• Identify the character you would interview
• Describe why you would choose this character
• Write ten interview questions
• Write ten interview answers based on how the character would answer
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, social status plays an important factor. Describe the importance of social status by using specific examples from the text. Then relate it to the importance of social status in present day American society using current events examples to support your comparison.
• Describe the importance of social status in the text
• Use examples from the text
• Describe the importance of social status in present day America
• Use current event examples to support your description
Essay Topic 3
In this story, Amir often feels guilt and deals with it inappropriately. Describe how Amir both feels guilt and how he deals with it. Describe a time where you felt guilty and how you dealt with it. As you reflect on how you handled it, determine whether it was appropriate or inappropriate. Justify your decision.
• Describe Amir's feelings of guilt
• Describe how Amir deals with his guilt
• Describe a time you felt guilty and how you handled it
• Determine if it was appropriate or inappropriate
• Justify your decision
This section contains 1,667 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)