Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
2. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
2. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
4. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
5. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
8. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
9. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
10. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
Irony was used frequently throughout The Kite Runner. Describe at least four ironies the author describes in the text and what makes them ironic.
* Describe at least four instances of irony from the text
* Describe why they are ironic
The Taliban, as described in this book, violated numerous human rights. Describe how basic human rights were violated using supporting details from the text. Identify, what in your opinion, should be basic human rights.
* Describe basic human rights that were violated by the Taliban
* Use supporting details from the text
* Identify what should be basic human rights
In this story, Amir often feels guilt and deals with it inappropriately. Describe how Amir both feels guilt and how he deals with it. Describe a time where you felt guilty and how you dealt with it. As you reflect on how you handled it, determine whether it was appropriate or inappropriate. Justify your decision.
* Describe Amir's feelings of guilt
* Describe how Amir deals with his guilt
* Describe a time you felt guilty and how you handled it
* Determine if it was appropriate or inappropriate
* Justify your decision
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)