|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
2. Where did Hassan live when Amir was a child?
3. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
4. Why did Sanaubar leave?
5. How did Baba's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
2. What demands does Amir make upon the General and his wife upon having Sohrab join the family?
3. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
4. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
5. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
6. What promise did Amir make to Sohrab when he was in the hospital in Pakistan?
7. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
8. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
9. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
10. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters from this book. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters using specific examples from the story.
• Choose two characters
• Compare the two characters
• Contrast the two characters
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book, Amir appeared weak, but by the end of the book he seemed much stronger and even brave. Explain how this change occurred using supporting details from the text. Compare the changes Amir makes to your own life. Have you become stronger? In what way?
• Describe Amir's changes
• Use supporting details from the text
• Describe changes in your own life in a similar manner to Amirs
Essay Topic 3
The author used the writing technique of flashbacks throughout this book. Was this an effective writing technique? Why or why not?
• Describe whether or not the use of flashbacks was an effective writing technique
• Detail why or why not
This section contains 1,710 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)