|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Baba and Amir earn extra money on the weekends while living in America?
2. Which of the following is Amir's greatest fear as a child?
3. Before Baba passes away, what does Amir ask of him?
4. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
5. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
2. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
3. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
4. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
5. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
6. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
7. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
8. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
9. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
10. When and where did Amir come of age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
• Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
• Support your answer with information from the text
Essay Topic 2
In the story, Amir felt as if he was letting his father down by becoming a writer and being weak because of it. Are there certain professions which make a person weak? Justify your answer.
• Decide if a profession can make a person weak.
• Justify your answer
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the universal ethical code pertaining to personal gain at the expense of others is utilized throughout this book. Use specific examples from the text to support your description.
• Describe how one rarely gets satisfaction at the expense of others
• Use specific examples from the text
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)