|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Amir has a what?
2. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
3. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
4. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
5. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
2. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
3. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
4. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
5. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
6. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
7. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
8. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
9. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
10. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Every year, many teens attempt suicide. Explain what drove Sohrab to attempt suicide in the story and what might drive a teen in America to do the same thing.
• Explain what drove Sohrab to attempt suicide
• Explain why a modern American teen might attempt suicide
Essay Topic 2
Was Amir a good man? Support your position with specific examples from the text.
• Describe whether or not Amir was a good man
• Use supporting details from the text to support your opinion
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the book, Amir appeared weak, but by the end of the book he seemed much stronger and even brave. Explain how this change occurred using supporting details from the text. Compare the changes Amir makes to your own life. Have you become stronger? In what way?
• Describe Amir's changes
• Use supporting details from the text
• Describe changes in your own life in a similar manner to Amirs
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)