Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
2. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
2. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
4. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
5. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
8. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
9. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
10. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
* Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
* Support your answer with information from the text
If Amir had the power to travel back in time and change one choice that he made, which event do you believe he would change and why would he choose to change it?
* Describe which event he would change
* Describe why he would choose that event
Amir's mother died shortly after his birth. Describe how his life might have been different had his mother survived.
* Describe how Amir's life might have been different had his mother survived
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)