|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
2. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
3. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
4. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
5. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
2. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
3. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
4. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
5. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
8. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
9. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
10. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Amir a good man? Support your position with specific examples from the text.
• Describe whether or not Amir was a good man
• Use supporting details from the text to support your opinion
Essay Topic 2
Kinship is an important aspect of this book. Describe the various components of kinship throughout the book, using examples from the text. Describe your own views of kinship and how it may vary from that the author describes.
• Describe the components of kinship used by the author
• Use examples from the text
• Describe your own views of kinship
• Describe how it varies or is the same as that of the author
Essay Topic 3
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
• Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
• Support your answer with information from the text
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)