|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
2. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
3. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
4. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
5. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
2. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
3. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
4. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
5. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
6. When and where did Amir come of age?
7. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
8. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
9. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
10. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kinship is an important aspect of this book. Describe the various components of kinship throughout the book, using examples from the text. Describe your own views of kinship and how it may vary from that the author describes.
• Describe the components of kinship used by the author
• Use examples from the text
• Describe your own views of kinship
• Describe how it varies or is the same as that of the author
Essay Topic 2
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
• Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
• Support your answer with information from the text
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the universal ethical code pertaining to personal gain at the expense of others is utilized throughout this book. Use specific examples from the text to support your description.
• Describe how one rarely gets satisfaction at the expense of others
• Use specific examples from the text
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)