|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
2. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
3. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
4. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
5. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
2. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
3. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
4. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
5. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
6. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
7. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
8. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
9. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
10. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Amir had the power to travel back in time and change one choice that he made, which event do you believe he would change and why would he choose to change it?
• Describe which event he would change
• Describe why he would choose that event
Essay Topic 2
Kinship is an important aspect of this book. Describe the various components of kinship throughout the book, using examples from the text. Describe your own views of kinship and how it may vary from that the author describes.
• Describe the components of kinship used by the author
• Use examples from the text
• Describe your own views of kinship
• Describe how it varies or is the same as that of the author
Essay Topic 3
Imagine you could interview one of the characters from this book. Which character would you interview and why? Then write ten questions you would ask that character and the answer you would expect them to give.
• Identify the character you would interview
• Describe why you would choose this character
• Write ten interview questions
• Write ten interview answers based on how the character would answer
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)