|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
2. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
3. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
4. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
5. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
2. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
3. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
4. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
5. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
6. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
7. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
8. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
9. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
10. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Amir had the power to travel back in time and change one choice that he made, which event do you believe he would change and why would he choose to change it?
• Describe which event he would change
• Describe why he would choose that event
Essay Topic 2
In this story, Hassan had a physical deformity: a cleft palate. Explain how the deformity affected Hassan in the story. Then, imagine you had some form of physical deformity. How might your life be different? How might it be the same? To what level would you allow the deformity to affect your life? How might others react to your deformity?
• Explain the effects of Hassan's deformity
• Write about your own imagined physical deformity
Essay Topic 3
Amir's mother died shortly after his birth. Describe how his life might have been different had his mother survived.
• Describe how Amir's life might have been different had his mother survived
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)