|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
3. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
4. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
5. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
2. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
3. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
4. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
5. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
6. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
7. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
8. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
9. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
10. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Taliban, as described in this book, violated numerous human rights. Describe how basic human rights were violated using supporting details from the text. Identify, what in your opinion, should be basic human rights.
• Describe basic human rights that were violated by the Taliban
• Use supporting details from the text
• Identify what should be basic human rights
Essay Topic 2
Was Amir a good man? Support your position with specific examples from the text.
• Describe whether or not Amir was a good man
• Use supporting details from the text to support your opinion
Essay Topic 3
Based on the information throughout this book, what do you think was the major cause for the Taliban coming into power? Support your answer with information from the text.
• Determine the major cause for the Taliban coming into power
• Support your answer with information from the text
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)