1. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
The Kite Runner opens in the year 2001 with the main character, Amir, living in San Francisco, California.
2. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
Seeing the kites flying in Golden Gate Park leads Amir to think back to his childhood in Afghanistan.
3. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
The past is brought to the forefront of Amir's mind by a phone call from a friend of his father's named Rahim Kahn.
4. When and where did Amir come of age?
According to the novel, Amir came of age in 1975, when he was twelve years old in Afghanistan.
5. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
Hassan feels a kinship and loyalty to Amir. This kinship leads him to respect and enjoy the companionship enough to to not tell others the inappropriate things Amir might do.
This section contains 2,460 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)