Short Essay Questions Key
1. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
2. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
3. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
4. When and where did Amir come of age?
5. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
6. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
7. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
8. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
9. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
10. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
11. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
12. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)