|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy meet his third wife in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) At the theater
(b) At a tavern
(c) At a diner
(d) At the bookstore
2. How many years have passed since Macandal’s capture in Part Two: Chapter I?
3. To what does Ti Noël compare the wax heads in the window in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Calves' heads
(b) Fish heads
(c) Lizard heads
(d) Birds' heads
4. What is the title of Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) Strait is the Gate
(b) The Amputation
(c) Agnus Dei
(d) The Metamorphoses
5. What do the slaves believe has happened to Macandal at the end of Part One: Chapter VIII?
(a) He has become pope
(b) He has escaped
(c) He is dead
(d) He is imprisoned
Short Answer Questions
1. Part Two: Chapter III is titled “The Call of the” what?
2. Where does Macandal throw himself when he escapes the burning in Part One: Chapter VIII?
3. Who sets out to rape Mlle. Floridor in Part Two: Chapter III?
4. What is Part One: Chapter III’s title?
5. The slaves return to their plantations feeling a sense of what in the end of Part One: Chapter VIII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job is Macandal given in Part One: Chapter III? What observations does he make while working in the chapter?
2. What actions do the revolting slaves take at the plantation in Part Two: Chapter III?
3. What religious ceremony takes place in Part Two: Chapter II? How is it described?
4. How do M. Lenormand de Mézy and Governor Blancheland feel about the political climate in Part Two: Chapter III?
5. How has the Cap changed Part Two: Chapter I? How much time has passed since Part One’s conclusion?
6. Whom has M. Lenormand de Mézy married in Part Two: Chapter I? Where does he live?
7. How is Macandal pinpointed as the cause for the poisoning epidemic in Part One: Chapter V?
8. What is the backlash of Macandal’s campaign of poisoning in Part One: Chapter V?
9. Who brings Ti Noël a message from Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV? Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal?
10. What do the slaves believe happens during Macandal’s burning in Part One: Chapter VIII? What actually happens?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)