|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the governor that rules over Haiti during the slaves’ rebellion in Part Two: Chapter III?
(d) Henri Christophe
2. Where do Ti Noël and his master go in the town in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) The theater
(b) The barber shop
(c) The cave
(d) The bookstore
3. With what African gods do the slaves make a pact in Part Two: Chapter II?
(a) The Bacax
(b) The Osebo
(c) The Loas
(d) The Nyame
4. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A drugstore
(b) A boardwalk
(c) A theater
(d) A bookstore
5. What do the revolting slaves do to the master’s house in Part Two: Chapter III?
(a) They burn it down
(b) The take it as their own headquarters
(c) They deluge it with water
(d) The loot and pillage it
Short Answer Questions
1. Bouckman reveals that who has declared the slaves should be freed in Part Two: Chapter II?
2. Where is Bouckman from?
3. What is Macandal doing when his arm becomes caught in a machine in Part One: Chapter II?
4. Part One: Chapter VIII has what title?
5. To what does Ti Noël compare the wax heads in the window in Part One: Chapter I?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Cap changed Part Two: Chapter I? How much time has passed since Part One’s conclusion?
2. How is M. Lenormand de Mézy’s behavior described in Part Two: Chapter I?
3. How is Ti Noël described in Part One: Chapter I? Where is he doing with his master in this chapter?
4. What celebrations are described in Part One: Chapter VII?
5. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in the city in Part One: Chapter I? What do these posters represent?
6. Who brings Ti Noël a message from Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV? Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal?
7. How is Macandal pinpointed as the cause for the poisoning epidemic in Part One: Chapter V?
8. What happens with the search for Macandal in the beginning of Part One: Chapter VI?
9. How is the perception of Christianity depicted through the eyes of the slaves in Part One: Chapter VII?
10. What actions do the revolting slaves take at the plantation in Part Two: Chapter III?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)