|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the governor that rules over Haiti during the slaves’ rebellion in Part Two: Chapter III?
(c) Henri Christophe
2. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The Spanish colonial leaders
(b) The French king
(c) The French colonial leaders
(d) Slaves on all the plantations
3. What is the title of Part One: Chapter V?
(a) San Souci
(b) The Metamorphoses
(c) The Amputation
(d) De Profundis
4. What does the plantation owner buy before he and Ti Noël head back to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A shark fin
(b) A calf's head
(c) A dog
(d) A jar of honey
5. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy move with his third wife in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) Lisbon, Portugal
(b) Berlin, Germany
(c) Warsaw, Poland
(d) Paris, France
Short Answer Questions
1. After losing his arm, Macandal is given what job in Part One: Chapter III?
2. For how many years do the slaves await Macandal’s return, according to the narrator at the end of Part One: Chapter VI?
3. What is the title of Part One: Chapter VI?
4. What does M. Lenormand de Mézy discover has happened to his dogs when he comes out of hiding to examine his plantation in Part Two: Chapter IV?
5. What is the name of the nearby city to the plantation where Ti Noël lives in Part One: Chapter I?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do M. Lenormand de Mézy and Governor Blancheland feel about the political climate in Part Two: Chapter III?
2. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in the city in Part One: Chapter I? What do these posters represent?
3. What does Ti Noël compare the wax heads with in Part One: Chapter I?
4. What religious ceremony takes place in Part Two: Chapter II? How is it described?
5. Whom does Ti Noël go to visit with Macandal in Part One: Chapter III? What is discussed?
6. What job is Macandal given in Part One: Chapter III? What observations does he make while working in the chapter?
7. How is the perception of Christianity depicted through the eyes of the slaves in Part One: Chapter VII?
8. How is Macandal pinpointed as the cause for the poisoning epidemic in Part One: Chapter V?
9. Who brings Ti Noël a message from Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV? Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal?
10. How is M. Lenormand de Mézy’s behavior described in Part Two: Chapter I?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)