|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time at night is it when M. Lenormand de Mézy goes out to rape one of the slave girls in Part Two: Chapter III?
2. The name of Minos from the title of Part Two: Chapter I is a figure from what mythology?
(a) South American
(d) Native American
3. How many years have passed since Macandal’s capture in Part Two: Chapter I?
4. M. Lenormand de Mézy discovers that his wife has been murdered with what in Part Two: Chapter IV?
(a) A musket
(b) A hatchet
(c) A sickle
(d) A machete
5. What do Ti Noël and Macandal poison in Part One: Chapter III?
(a) A goat
(b) A dog
(c) A horse
(d) A cat
6. M. Lenormand de Mézy’s second wife is devout in what faith?
7. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy hide in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter IV?
(a) Behind a bush
(b) Under a rock
(c) Inside a well
(d) In a tree
8. What is Ti Noël in charge of what on the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Rubber trees
(b) Palm trees
(d) Sugar cane
9. Who is the governor that rules over Haiti during the slaves’ rebellion in Part Two: Chapter III?
(d) Henri Christophe
10. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy move with his third wife in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) Lisbon, Portugal
(b) Berlin, Germany
(c) Warsaw, Poland
(d) Paris, France
11. Whose rotting head is displayed in the Cap in Part Two: Chapter IV?
(a) Ti Noël’s
(b) Queen Marie-Louise’s
(d) Corneille Breille’s
12. M. Lenormand de Mézy takes his slaves where to sell them in the end of Part Two: Chapter IV?
13. Where do Ti Noël and his master go in the town in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) The cave
(b) The barber shop
(c) The bookstore
(d) The theater
14. M. Lenormand de Mézy's wife dies after eating what in Part One: Chapter V?
(a) A steak
(b) A coconut
(c) An orange
(d) A salad
15. What do the slaves believe has happened to Macandal at the end of Part One: Chapter VIII?
(a) He has escaped
(b) He has become pope
(c) He is imprisoned
(d) He is dead
Short Answer Questions
1. Ti Noël tells the plantation owner that the cows have died for what reason in the end of Part One: Chapter IV?
2. Where is Bouckman from?
3. What is Macandal doing when his arm becomes caught in a machine in Part One: Chapter II?
4. After losing his arm, Macandal is given what job in Part One: Chapter III?
5. What is the name of the plantation owner where Ti Noël is a slave as the book opens?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)