|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the revolting slaves do to the master’s house in Part Two: Chapter III?
(a) They deluge it with water
(b) The take it as their own headquarters
(c) They burn it down
(d) The loot and pillage it
2. Who sets out to rape Mlle. Floridor in Part Two: Chapter III?
(a) General Leclerc
(c) Ti Noel
(d) Corneille Breille
3. What does the plantation owner buy before he and Ti Noël head back to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A dog
(b) A calf's head
(c) A shark fin
(d) A jar of honey
4. What elicits an accusation regarding the poisonings from one of the slaves in Part One: Chapter V?
(a) He is held to a fire
(b) He is held at gunpoint
(c) He is threatened with drowning
(d) He is repeatedly whipped
5. What is Part One: Chapter III’s title?
(a) De Profundis
(b) Conch Chells
(c) What the Hand Found
(d) The Royal Palace
6. What does M. Lenormand de Mézy discover has happened to his dogs when he comes out of hiding to examine his plantation in Part Two: Chapter IV?
(a) They have been shot
(b) They have been hung
(c) They have been set free
(d) They have been burned to death
7. What is Part Two: Chapter IV’s title?
(a) The Great Fight
(c) Dagon Inside the Ark
(d) De Profundis
8. Slaves that come from the region where Macandal originated are reputed to be what?
(a) Royal descendants
(b) French colonists
(d) Excellent housekeepers
9. Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) Inside a well
(b) The barber shop
(c) A cave
(d) A bookstore
10. Ti Noël tells the plantation owner that the cows have died for what reason in the end of Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The imported cows don’t know what poisonous vegetation to avoid
(b) The imported cows were poisoned before they arrived at the plantation
(c) The local cows have an inherited disease
(d) The imported cows have been infected with yellow fever
11. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A boardwalk
(b) A drugstore
(c) A theater
(d) A bookstore
12. Upon whom do the colonists take out their fear and frustration over the poisonings in Part One: Chapter V?
(a) The slaves
(b) The government officials
(c) The farm animals
(d) The Church clergy
13. Where is Bouckman from?
14. What is the title of Part One: Chapter II?
(a) Ultima Ratio Regum
(b) Dagon Inside the Ark
(c) Conch Shells
(d) The Amputation
15. For how many years do the slaves await Macandal’s return, according to the narrator at the end of Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) 1 year
(b) 2 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 4 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy hide in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter IV?
2. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
3. Who brings Ti Noël a message from Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
4. What does M. Lenormand de Mézy’s third wife force the plantation slaves to endure in Part Two: Chapter I?
5. Ti Noël goes with Macandal to visit whom in Part One: Chapter III?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)