|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slaves believe that Macandal caused a woman to give birth to a baby with what in Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) The ears of a horse
(b) Webbed hands
(c) A boar's face
(d) The mouth of a fish
2. What do the revolting slaves do to the master’s house in Part Two: Chapter III?
(a) They deluge it with water
(b) They burn it down
(c) The loot and pillage it
(d) The take it as their own headquarters
3. M. Lenormand de Mézy discovers that his wife has been murdered with what in Part Two: Chapter IV?
(a) A musket
(b) A hatchet
(c) A machete
(d) A sickle
4. How many years have passed since Macandal’s capture in Part Two: Chapter I?
5. Where does Macandal throw himself when he escapes the burning in Part One: Chapter VIII?
(a) Onto the king
(b) Into the crowd
(c) Onto a rooftop
(d) Into the sea
6. What is Part One: Chapter III’s title?
(a) The Royal Palace
(b) De Profundis
(c) What the Hand Found
(d) Conch Chells
7. What time at night is it when M. Lenormand de Mézy goes out to rape one of the slave girls in Part Two: Chapter III?
8. Where is Bouckman from?
9. What does M. Lenormand de Mézy’s second wife have built in Part One: Chapter VII?
(a) A windmill
(b) A church
(c) A cabin
(d) A Nativity scene
10. What do the slaves believe has happened to Macandal at the end of Part One: Chapter VIII?
(a) He is imprisoned
(b) He is dead
(c) He has become pope
(d) He has escaped
11. M. Lenormand de Mézy hides out in his house until he hears word that what has taken place in Part Two: Chapter IV?
(a) The English King has arrived
(b) The capital city has fallen
(c) The French have sent reinforcements
(d) The rebellion has been quelled
12. What is the name of the laundress that the plantation owner takes to bed in Part One: Chapter VII?
(d) Corneille Breille
13. What is the name of the plantation owner where Ti Noël is a slave as the book opens?
(a) Governor Blancheland
(b) Mlle Floridor
(c) Henri Christophe
(d) M. Lenormand de Mézy
14. M. Lenormand de Mézy takes his slaves where to sell them in the end of Part Two: Chapter IV?
15. What is Ti Noël in charge of what on the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Sugar cane
(b) Palm trees
(d) Rubber trees
Short Answer Questions
1. Part Two: Chapter III is titled “The Call of the” what?
2. What is the first group affected (and killed) by the poisoning on the plantations in Part One: Chapter V?
3. What do the plantation owners begin to do when they hear the slaves singing the sorrow of their plight at the celebration in Part One: Chapter VII?
4. What is Part Two: Chapter IV’s title?
5. Whose rotting head is displayed in the Cap in Part Two: Chapter IV?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)