|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Part Four: Chapter IV, Ti Noël and his silk coat were not seen again, except perhaps by what creature?
(a) A coyote
(b) A mouse
(c) A vulture
(d) A beetle
2. Pauline Bonaparte’s husband has bought a house on an island off the north coast of what county in case they should have to flee in Part Two: Chapter VI?
3. How does society in Santo Domingo change after General Leclerc’s death in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) It becomes very democratic
(b) It becomes deeply religious
(c) It becomes hedonistic
(d) It becomes highly conservative
4. The rituals of Voodoo resonate with Pauline Bonaparte’s background from where?
(a) New York
(b) South Africa
5. Pauline Bonaparte’s world is interrupted when who coughs up blood and collapses in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) Her hairdresser
(b) Her daughter
(c) Her husband
(d) Her masseuse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pauline Bonaparte begin sleeping every night during her voyage in Part Two: Chapter VI?
2. What is Part Three: Chapter VII’s title?
3. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy hide in the beginning of Part Two: Chapter IV?
4. One of the voodoo rituals described in Part Two: Chapter VII involves floating what items, decorated with ribbons, on the sea?
5. Where does Ti Noël go after slipping away from the other slaves in Part Three: Chapter IV?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)