|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters V - VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Part Two: Chapter IV’s title?
(a) Dagon Inside the Ark
(b) The Great Fight
(d) De Profundis
2. What month is it when the slaves and masters gather to attend the burning of Macandal in Part One: Chapter VIII?
3. What is the name of the laundress that the plantation owner takes to bed in Part One: Chapter VII?
(d) Corneille Breille
4. To whom does Pauline Bonaparte turn to perform voodoo rituals against the plague in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(b) Ti Noel
5. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The French king
(b) The Spanish colonial leaders
(c) Slaves on all the plantations
(d) The French colonial leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plantation owner buy before he and Ti Noël head back to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
2. Pauline Bonaparte’s husband insists that she depart for the house where in Part Two: Chapter VII?
3. Why did the white slave owners rarely kill their slaves, according to the narrator in Part Three: Chapter III?
4. What is Ti Noël in charge of what on the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
5. What is Part One: Chapter III’s title?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)