|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters V - VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sans Souci is the palace of whom in Part Three: Chapter II?
(a) Governor Blancheland
(b) Corneille Breille
(d) Henri Christophe
2. M. Lenormand de Mézy takes his slaves where to sell them in the end of Part Two: Chapter IV?
3. What time at night is it when M. Lenormand de Mézy goes out to rape one of the slave girls in Part Two: Chapter III?
4. According to the narrator in Part Three: Chapter III, King Henri can flee to his fortress with how many men if necessary?
5. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The French king
(b) The French colonial leaders
(c) The Spanish colonial leaders
(d) Slaves on all the plantations
Short Answer Questions
1. Pauline Bonaparte’s husband has bought a house on an island off the north coast of what county in case they should have to flee in Part Two: Chapter VI?
2. Pauline Bonaparte is described by the narrator as reveling in what during her voyage in Part Two: Chapter VI?
3. Pauline Bonaparte’s world is interrupted when who coughs up blood and collapses in Part Two: Chapter VI?
4. The rituals of Voodoo resonate with Pauline Bonaparte’s background from where?
5. In Part One: Chapter VII, Ti Noël attends the celebration of the master’s first son, where one glass of is served to every slave?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)