|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters V - VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ti Noël gain passage on a ship to Santo Domingo in Part Three: Chapter I?
(a) By working as a bank clerk
(b) By inheriting his master’s estate
(c) By inheriting his father’s estate
(d) By saving money given to him at Christmas
2. What is the outcome of the search for Macandal in Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) His grave is found
(b) He is found alive
(c) He is not found
(d) He is found murdered
3. What previously unnoticed sound does King Henri Christophe observe in the palace rooms in Part Three: Chapter VI?
(a) Owls hooting
(b) Insects buzzing
(c) Ducks quacking
(d) Frogs croaking
4. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A theater
(b) A boardwalk
(c) A bookstore
(d) A drugstore
5. What does Pauline Bonaparte order to begin construction after her arrival on the island in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A church
(c) A stable
(d) A statue
Short Answer Questions
1. M. Lenormand de Mézy spends his time doing what in Cuba in Part Two: Chapter V?
2. M. Lenormand de Mézy's wife dies after eating what in Part One: Chapter V?
3. Ti Noël is a slave on a plantation where in Part One: Chapter I?
4. Part Three: Chapter V is titled “Chronicle of” what date?
5. In what capacity does Soliman work for King Henri Christophe in Part Three: Chapter VI?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)