|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters V - VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ti Noël gain passage on a ship to Santo Domingo in Part Three: Chapter I?
(a) By working as a bank clerk
(b) By saving money given to him at Christmas
(c) By inheriting his master’s estate
(d) By inheriting his father’s estate
2. What are Pauline Bonaparte’s impressions of the island when she and her husband arrive in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) She finds it terrifying
(b) She finds it filthy and disgusting
(c) She finds it exotic
(d) She finds it culturally deficient
3. Upon whom do the colonists take out their fear and frustration over the poisonings in Part One: Chapter V?
(a) The farm animals
(b) The slaves
(c) The government officials
(d) The Church clergy
4. What monstrous structure is described as rising up on top of a mountain in Part Three: Chapter III?
(a) Borghese Palace
(b) Le Bonnet de l'Évêque
(c) The Citadel La Ferriére
(d) La Tortue
5. In the end of Part One: Chapter V, the plantation owners organize in order to do what?
(a) Raise money for the chapel
(b) Revolt against the French king
(c) Revolt against the English king
(d) Track down Macandal
Short Answer Questions
1. The rituals of Voodoo resonate with Pauline Bonaparte’s background from where?
2. What is the title of Part One: Chapter II?
3. What previously unnoticed sound does King Henri Christophe observe in the palace rooms in Part Three: Chapter VI?
4. What time at night is it when M. Lenormand de Mézy goes out to rape one of the slave girls in Part Two: Chapter III?
5. What is Part Three: Chapter IV’s title?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)