|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ti Noël learns that the man portrayed in the bright posters in Part One: Chapter I is what?
(a) A priest
(b) A prince
(c) A king
(d) An American
2. The slaves return to their plantations feeling a sense of what in the end of Part One: Chapter VIII?
3. Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) A cave
(b) The barber shop
(c) Inside a well
(d) A bookstore
4. With what African gods do the slaves make a pact in Part Two: Chapter II?
(a) The Osebo
(b) The Nyame
(c) The Loas
(d) The Bacax
5. What do the plantation owners begin to do when they hear the slaves singing the sorrow of their plight at the celebration in Part One: Chapter VII?
(a) Set buildings on fire
(b) Lock their doors
(c) Gather weapons
(d) Set the animals free
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of Part One: Chapter V, the plantation owners organize in order to do what?
2. What hotel has Henri Christophe just purchased in Part Two: Chapter I?
3. Who sets out to rape Mlle. Floridor in Part Two: Chapter III?
4. What is Part Two: Chapter IV’s title?
5. Slaves that come from the region where Macandal originated are reputed to be what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)