|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the best cows on the plantation drop dead the day after Ti Noël meets with Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
2. What does the plantation owner buy before he and Ti Noël head back to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A dog
(b) A shark fin
(c) A calf's head
(d) A jar of honey
3. What do Ti Noël and Macandal poison in Part One: Chapter III?
(a) A cat
(b) A dog
(c) A horse
(d) A goat
4. After losing his arm, Macandal is given what job in Part One: Chapter III?
(a) Fruit picker
(b) Cattle herd
(c) Bee keeper
(d) Sugar cane cutter
5. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A drugstore
(b) A bookstore
(c) A boardwalk
(d) A theater
Short Answer Questions
1. Ti Noël is a slave on a plantation where in Part One: Chapter I?
2. What is Macandal’s arm removed with in Part One: Chapter II?
3. Plaine du Nord is located in what region of the island where Ti Noël lives in Part One?
4. What does the plantation owner hum as he and Ti Noël return to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
5. What is enacted upon the slaves after the poisonings spread in Part One: Chapter V?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)