|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years do the slaves await Macandal’s return, according to the narrator at the end of Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) 7 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 4 years
2. In the end of Part One: Chapter V, the plantation owners organize in order to do what?
(a) Raise money for the chapel
(b) Revolt against the French king
(c) Track down Macandal
(d) Revolt against the English king
3. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The French king
(b) Slaves on all the plantations
(c) The Spanish colonial leaders
(d) The French colonial leaders
4. To what does Ti Noël compare the wax heads in the window in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Lizard heads
(b) Birds' heads
(c) Fish heads
(d) Calves' heads
5. What is Ti Noël in charge of what on the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Rubber trees
(b) Palm trees
(d) Sugar cane
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the best cows on the plantation drop dead the day after Ti Noël meets with Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
2. Slaves that come from the region where Macandal originated are reputed to be what?
3. Ti Noël tells the plantation owner that the cows have died for what reason in the end of Part One: Chapter IV?
4. What is the first group affected (and killed) by the poisoning on the plantations in Part One: Chapter V?
5. The slaves believe that Macandal caused a woman to give birth to a baby with what in Part One: Chapter VI?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)