|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters V - VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end of Part One: Chapter V, the plantation owners organize in order to do what?
(a) Revolt against the English king
(b) Track down Macandal
(c) Raise money for the chapel
(d) Revolt against the French king
2. Why did the white slave owners rarely kill their slaves, according to the narrator in Part Three: Chapter III?
(a) They were Christians
(b) They were afraid of the slaves
(c) They loved their slaves
(d) They were worth money
3. What monstrous structure is described as rising up on top of a mountain in Part Three: Chapter III?
(a) Le Bonnet de l'Évêque
(b) La Tortue
(c) Borghese Palace
(d) The Citadel La Ferriére
4. The slaves have come to believe that Macandal has the ability to do what in Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) Move silently
(b) Transform himself into animals
(c) Become invisible
(d) Transport himself to new locations
5. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A theater
(b) A drugstore
(c) A boardwalk
(d) A bookstore
Short Answer Questions
1. Ti Noël goes with Macandal to visit whom in Part One: Chapter III?
2. Part Three: Chapter III is titled “The Sacrifice of the” what?
3. Whose rotting head is displayed in the Cap in Part Two: Chapter IV?
4. Where does Ti Noël go after slipping away from the other slaves in Part Three: Chapter IV?
5. How is Pauline Bonaparte related to Napoleon Bonaparte?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)