|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
2. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
3. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
4. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
5. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
2. What is the organization of the church?
3. How does the Worldwide Church of God reach people around the world?
4. What are the major components of Martin's plan?
5. Why are the Mormons successful in missionary work?
6. What is Hinduism?
7. What is the Rosicrucian Fellowship?
8. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
9. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
10. In Islam, who is Muhammed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of reincarnation and which cults believe in reincarnation. What would you like to come back as and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the return of Christ.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)