|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Divine Principle _________________________.
2. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
3. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
4. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
5. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Rosicrucian Fellowship?
2. What is the current trend in evangelism?
3. What is the basic premise of Anglo-Israelite theory.
4. According to the New Age cult, what is the concept of moral relativism?
5. In Islam, who is Muhammed?
6. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
7. Who is the Other Jesus?
8. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
9. What is Hinduism?
10. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What cult did you find the most interesting? Are the interesting aspects of this cult reflected in any more mainstream religion? What is the difference between them?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the views of Jehovah's Witnesses and Russell on the return of Christ.
a) When did it occur?
b) How did it occur?
Essay Topic 3
Jehovah's Witnesses were formed to distinguish the true followers of Russell from the Watchtower. Explain how this situation came about. Also discuss some of the claims and business dealings of Russell's that contributed to this situation.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)