|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
2. According to the beliefs of Ranjneeschism, ______________________________.
3. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
4. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
5. Herbert W. Armstrong claimed to be a descendant of ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the New Testament position on evangelism?
2. What is the current trend in evangelism?
3. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
4. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
5. What is the organization of the church?
6. In Islam, who is Muhammed?
7. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
8. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
9. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
10. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between Christian and non-Christian cults.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance of the role of semantics and its effect on:
How does redefinition of terms lead to the development of cults?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)