|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
2. Which is not a founding doctrine of Adventism?
3. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
4. The Divine Principle _________________________.
5. According to the Bible, __________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
2. What is the purpose of the Divine Principle?
3. What is the current trend in evangelism?
4. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
5. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
6. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
7. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
8. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
9. What is the Shahada?
10. What is the organization of the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of cults and their effect on the freedom of choice of the individual. Why is indoctrination a factor? Explain this in terms of the psychological traits discussed at the beginning of the book.
Essay Topic 2
What would be the purpose and the value of a conference on cults? What could be gained by such a conference?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Deity of Christ.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)