|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
2. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
3. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
4. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
5. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
2. What are the major components of Martin's plan?
3. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
4. What is Hinduism?
5. Who is the Other Jesus?
6. What is the basic premise of Anglo-Israelite theory.
7. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
8. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
9. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
10. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the views of Jehovah's Witnesses and Russell on the return of Christ.
a) When did it occur?
b) How did it occur?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cult of Spiritism and contact with the spirits. How would you feel about taking part in a seance? Who would you want to contact and why?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)