|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
2. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
3. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
4. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
5. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Rosicrucian Fellowship?
2. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
3. What is the Shahada?
4. What are Rosicrucian beliefs based on?
5. According to the New Age cult, what is the concept of moral relativism?
6. Who is the Other Jesus?
7. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
8. What are the major components of Martin's plan?
9. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
10. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What cult did you find the most interesting? Are the interesting aspects of this cult reflected in any more mainstream religion? What is the difference between them?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Essay Topic 3
Jehovah's Witnesses were formed to distinguish the true followers of Russell from the Watchtower. Explain how this situation came about. Also discuss some of the claims and business dealings of Russell's that contributed to this situation.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)