|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a sect of modern Islam?
2. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
3. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
4. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
5. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
2. What is Hinduism?
3. What is the Shahada?
4. Who is the Other Jesus?
5. According to the New Age cult, what is the concept of moral relativism?
6. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
7. In Islam, who is Muhammed?
8. What is the purpose of the Divine Principle?
9. What is the organization of the church?
10. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the book regarding cults, discussing the approach the author has chosen to take. What use is a book detailing historical cults?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the return of Christ.
Essay Topic 3
Jehovah's Witnesses were formed to distinguish the true followers of Russell from the Watchtower. Explain how this situation came about. Also discuss some of the claims and business dealings of Russell's that contributed to this situation.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)