|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The founder of the Church of the New Jerusalem was ________________.
2. The supreme being of Islam is called ________________________.
3. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
4. The New Age cult refers to ________________________.
5. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
2. What is the organization of the church?
3. Who is the Other Jesus?
4. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
5. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
6. What is the purpose of the Divine Principle?
7. What is Hinduism?
8. According to the New Age cult, what is the concept of moral relativism?
9. What is the New Testament position on evangelism?
10. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would be the purpose and the value of a conference on cults? What could be gained by such a conference?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Essay Topic 3
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)