|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Young converts to Christianity are the targets of _____________________.
2. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
3. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
4. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
5. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Divine Principle?
2. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
3. Who is the Other Jesus?
4. What is the basic premise of Anglo-Israelite theory.
5. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
6. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
7. What is the Shahada?
8. What is the Rosicrucian Fellowship?
9. According to the New Age cult, what is the concept of moral relativism?
10. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the purpose of the book regarding cults, discussing the approach the author has chosen to take. What use is a book detailing historical cults?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of cults and their effect on the freedom of choice of the individual. Why is indoctrination a factor? Explain this in terms of the psychological traits discussed at the beginning of the book.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)