|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a melting pot?
2. Charles Taze Russel was the founder of ____________________.
3. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
4. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
5. The Baha'i World Faith is an offshoot of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
2. How should the Church deal with cults?
3. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
4. What are the three levels of a belief system?
5. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
6. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
7. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
8. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
9. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
10. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Holy Spirit.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Trinity.
Essay Topic 3
What would be the purpose and the value of a conference on cults? What could be gained by such a conference?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)