Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hubbard published his religious views and views on therapy in _________________________________.
2. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
3. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
4. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
5. What is a cult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
4. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
5. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
6. What is the danger of cults?
7. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
8. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
9. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
10. What is the Shahada?
Explain the difference between Christian and non-Christian cults.
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Discuss the cult of Spiritism and contact with the spirits. How would you feel about taking part in a seance? Who would you want to contact and why?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)