|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
2. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
3. Mirz Ali Hummad was known as ________________.
4. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
5. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How should the Church deal with cults?
2. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
3. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
4. What does Scientology promise its followers?
5. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
6. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
7. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
8. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
9. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
10. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the book regarding cults, discussing the approach the author has chosen to take. What use is a book detailing historical cults?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the views of Jehovah's Witnesses and Russell on the return of Christ.
a) When did it occur?
b) How did it occur?
Essay Topic 3
What would be the purpose and the value of a conference on cults? What could be gained by such a conference?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)