|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
2. What do cults represent?
3. What is used to measure the veracity of cults?
4. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
5. Which doctrine is usually defined by cultists?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
2. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
3. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
4. What does Scientology promise its followers?
5. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
6. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
7. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
8. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
9. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
10. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Deity of Christ.
Essay Topic 3
Select the cult that you find most interesting. Explain the major beliefs of the cult and describe what you think your life would be like if you were a member of this cult.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)