|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
2. The personal antagonism of the cultists is directed against ____________________________________.
3. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
4. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
5. How can the cultist claim to agree with various quotes from the Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
2. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
3. What distinguishes Unitarians from orthodox Christianity?
4. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
5. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
6. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
7. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
8. What is the danger of cults?
9. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
10. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Trinity.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the return of Christ.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)