|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do cults represent?
2. Christian Scientists believe that hell is _________________________.
3. What is a melting pot?
4. Mrs. Eddy founded and taught at the ________________________________.
5. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scientology promise its followers?
2. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
3. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
4. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
5. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
6. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
7. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
8. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
9. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
10. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance of the role of semantics and its effect on:
How does redefinition of terms lead to the development of cults?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the return of Christ.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)