|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christ warned against ________________.
2. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
3. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
4. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
5. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should the Church deal with cults?
2. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
3. What is the appeal of the Unitarian Universalist Church?
4. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
5. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
6. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
7. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
8. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
9. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
10. What does Scientology promise its followers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Deity of Christ.
Essay Topic 3
Select the cult that you find most interesting. Explain the major beliefs of the cult and describe what you think your life would be like if you were a member of this cult.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)