|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important to be knowledgeable about Christian doctrine?
2. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
3. Mirz Ali Hummad was known as ________________.
4. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
5. Which doctrine is usually defined by cultists?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
2. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
3. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
4. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
5. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
6. What is the New Testament position on evangelism?
7. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
8. Who is the Other Jesus?
9. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
10. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the value of mail order religion. Is religion conducted through the mail and media providing the same kind of experience as religion with a formal meeting place?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of cults and their effect on the freedom of choice of the individual. Why is indoctrination a factor? Explain this in terms of the psychological traits discussed at the beginning of the book.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)