|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a melting pot?
2. Zen Buddhism is _______________________________.
3. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
4. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
5. Which is not one of the Four Noble Truths?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
2. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
3. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
4. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
5. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
6. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
7. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
8. Exactly what is a cult?
9. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
10. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the value of mail order religion. Is religion conducted through the mail and media providing the same kind of experience as religion with a formal meeting place?
Essay Topic 2
Jehovah's Witnesses were formed to distinguish the true followers of Russell from the Watchtower. Explain how this situation came about. Also discuss some of the claims and business dealings of Russell's that contributed to this situation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)