|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
2. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
3. The first temple site was in _________________________.
4. Zen Buddhism is _______________________________.
5. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
2. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
3. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
4. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
5. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
6. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
7. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
8. What is the danger of cults?
9. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
10. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the cults were founded by people of questionable moral character.
a. Give some examples of some of these founders and what their questionable actions were.
b. Why do you think that people were willing to follow them and give their time and money?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Deity of Christ.
Essay Topic 3
What would be the purpose and the value of a conference on cults? What could be gained by such a conference?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)