|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a part of cult membership?
2. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
3. The cult's authoritarianism comes from its _______________.
4. Which doctrine is usually defined by cultists?
5. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic view of the Theosophist?
2. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
3. How should the Church deal with cults?
4. Exactly what is a cult?
5. What are the three levels of a belief system?
6. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
7. What distinguishes Unitarians from orthodox Christianity?
8. What is the danger of cults?
9. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
10. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of reincarnation and which cults believe in reincarnation. What would you like to come back as and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Trinity.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)