|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hubbard published his religious views and views on therapy in _________________________________.
2. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
3. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
4. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
5. What is a cult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
4. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
5. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
6. What is the danger of cults?
7. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
8. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
9. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
10. What is the Shahada?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Deity of Christ.
Essay Topic 2
Select the cult that you find most interesting. Explain the major beliefs of the cult and describe what you think your life would be like if you were a member of this cult.
Essay Topic 3
Jehovah's Witnesses were formed to distinguish the true followers of Russell from the Watchtower. Explain how this situation came about. Also discuss some of the claims and business dealings of Russell's that contributed to this situation.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)