|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
2. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
3. Who succeeded Russell as leader when Russell died?
4. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
5. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
2. What is the organization of the church?
3. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
4. What is the Shahada?
5. Who is the Other Jesus?
6. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
7. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
8. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
9. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
10. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the book regarding cults, discussing the approach the author has chosen to take. What use is a book detailing historical cults?
Essay Topic 2
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Trinity.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)