|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a melting pot?
2. The purpose of psychological conditioning is to ___________________________.
3. What must the Christian pay attention to in discussions with the cultist?
4. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
5. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
2. What is the basic view of the Theosophist?
3. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
4. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
5. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
6. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
7. How should the Church deal with cults?
8. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
9. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
10. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jehovah's Witnesses were formed to distinguish the true followers of Russell from the Watchtower. Explain how this situation came about. Also discuss some of the claims and business dealings of Russell's that contributed to this situation.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the concept of Hell.
Essay Topic 3
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)