|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
2. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
3. The goal of the Baha'i Faith is _____________________________.
4. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
5. The founder of Scientology had been ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Exactly what is a cult?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
4. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
5. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
6. What are the three levels of a belief system?
7. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
8. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
9. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
10. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between Christian and non-Christian cults.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the concept of Hell.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the value of mail order religion. Is religion conducted through the mail and media providing the same kind of experience as religion with a formal meeting place?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)