|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cults ________________________________.
2. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
3. Christian Scientists believe that hell is _________________________.
4. Mary Baker Eddy believed she wrote under the guidance of _________________________.
5. How many planes of the Universe exist in the theology of Theorophy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
2. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
3. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
4. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
5. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
6. What does Scientology promise its followers?
7. What are the three levels of a belief system?
8. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
9. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
10. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the value of mail order religion. Is religion conducted through the mail and media providing the same kind of experience as religion with a formal meeting place?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of reincarnation and which cults believe in reincarnation. What would you like to come back as and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)