|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
2. Which is not one of the Four Noble Truths?
3. The founder of Scientology had been ____________________________.
4. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
5. Do Christian Science teachings closely follow the Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
2. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
3. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
4. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
5. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
6. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
7. How should the Church deal with cults?
8. What is the danger of cults?
9. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
10. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select the cult that you find most interesting. Explain the major beliefs of the cult and describe what you think your life would be like if you were a member of this cult.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of plagiarism in the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. How did she explain this?
Essay Topic 3
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)