|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Christian Scientist, the Trinity represents _________________________________.
2. The Mormon practice of polygamy began in ___________________.
3. Which doctrine is usually defined by cultists?
4. Cults ________________________________.
5. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
2. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
3. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
4. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
5. What does Scientology promise its followers?
6. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
7. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
8. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
9. How should the Church deal with cults?
10. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the concept of Hell.
Essay Topic 2
Why are cults considered to be a danger? What, if anything, can or should be done about cults?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between Christian and non-Christian cults.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)