|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
2. Mrs. Eddy founded and taught at the ________________________________.
3. The cult's authoritarianism comes from its _______________.
4. What are the two advantages of the cultist regarding the use of redefinitions?
5. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
2. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
3. What is the appeal of the Unitarian Universalist Church?
4. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
5. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
6. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
7. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
8. What does Scientology promise its followers?
9. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
10. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of cults and their effect on the freedom of choice of the individual. Why is indoctrination a factor? Explain this in terms of the psychological traits discussed at the beginning of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the belief of each of the cults presented in the book regarding the Deity of Christ.
Essay Topic 3
What cult did you find the most interesting? Are the interesting aspects of this cult reflected in any more mainstream religion? What is the difference between them?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)