|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
2. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
(a) orthodox Christianity doesn't instit on its doctrine
(b) orthodox Christianity funds the evangelism of the cults
(c) orthodox Christianity ignores the cults
(d) orthodox Christianity is ignoring doctrine in sermons
3. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
(a) Bhagwan Shree Ranjneesh
(b) Rev. Sun Myung Moon
(c) Mararishi Makesh Yogic
(d) Mirza Ali Muhammad
4. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
(a) open honest recruitment
(b) recruitment by word of mouth
(c) multiple pseudonyms or anonymous recruitment
(d) no recruitment
5. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) traditional Christian theology
(b) ignored Christian theology
(c) contrary to Christian theology
(d) complemented Christian theology
Short Answer Questions
1. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
2. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
3. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
4. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
5. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Divine Principle?
2. What is the basic premise of Anglo-Israelite theory.
3. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
4. Why are the Mormons successful in missionary work?
5. What is the current trend in evangelism?
6. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
7. How does the Worldwide Church of God reach people around the world?
8. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
9. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
10. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)