|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
(a) is a symbol of man's evolutionary development
(b) symbolizes God
(c) symbolizes Christ
(d) has the same meaning as in orthodox Christianity
2. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) man is inherently divine
(b) all things are divine
(c) all truths are absolute
(d) all is one and all is God
3. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
(a) the other Jesus
(b) the Biblical Jesus
(c) the correct Jesus
(d) there is no reference
4. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(a) the American Southwest
5. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
(a) Charles Taze Russell
(b) Herbert W. Armstrong
(c) Charles Fillmore
(d) Joseph Smith
Short Answer Questions
1. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
2. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
3. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
4. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
5. Rosicrucian theology is based on ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Mormons successful in missionary work?
2. What is Hinduism?
3. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
4. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
5. What are the major components of Martin's plan?
6. What are Rosicrucian beliefs based on?
7. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
8. What is the organization of the church?
9. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
10. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)