|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of these cults ____________________________.
(a) present the orthodox Christian view
(b) make promises they can't keep
(c) properly represent themselves
(d) disseminate literature without their true name
2. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) there is a Trinity
(c) there is no God
(d) God is an impersonal consciousness and power
3. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
(a) a hoax
(b) a god among many gods
(c) the Son of God
(d) an archangel
4. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
(a) Christian denomination
(c) non-Christian denomination
5. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(a) the Torah
(b) the Bible
(d) the Koran
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bible of the Unification Church is ______________________________.
2. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
3. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
4. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
5. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
2. What is the organization of the church?
3. Who is the Other Jesus?
4. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
5. What is Hinduism?
6. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
7. What is the Shahada?
8. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
9. Why are the Mormons successful in missionary work?
10. What are Rosicrucian beliefs based on?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)