|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
(a) lifelong Christians
(b) young Christians
(c) the elderly
(d) people who have been exposed to Christianity
2. The Holy Book of Islam is the _____________.
(d) Divine Principle
3. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) there is a Trinity
(c) God is an impersonal consciousness and power
(d) there is no God
4. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
(a) a plan to aid the cults
(b) a methodology to control cults
(c) promotion of evangelizing cults
(d) the plan to end cults
5. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
(a) radio evangelism
(b) television evangelism
(c) ignoring evangelism
(d) personal evangelism
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
2. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
3. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
4. Many of these cults ____________________________.
5. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Church of the New Jerusalem influential in church circles?
2. What is Hinduism?
3. What is the Shahada?
4. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
5. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
6. What is the basic premise of Anglo-Israelite theory.
7. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
8. From what does the New Age cult have its roots?
9. What is the Rosicrucian Fellowship?
10. Why are the Mormons successful in missionary work?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)