|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
(a) adherence to strict orthodox Christianity
(b) the theology contains half-truths
(c) the theology in anti-Trinity
(d) the theology borrows from that of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons
2. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) man is inherently divine
(b) all truths are absolute
(c) all is one and all is God
(d) all things are divine
3. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) allowing its members to exercise free choice
(b) mind control and brainwashing
(c) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(d) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
4. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
(a) promotion of evangelizing cults
(b) the plan to end cults
(c) a plan to aid the cults
(d) a methodology to control cults
5. Jehovah's Witnesses view Jesus ____________________________.
(a) as an ordinary man
(b) as a God but not the Almighty God
(c) an equal member of the Trinity
(d) according to orthodox Christian doctrine
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of conferences of cults includes all but one of the following:
2. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
3. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
4. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
5. Many of these cults ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major components of Martin's plan?
2. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
3. What is the New Testament position on evangelism?
4. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
5. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
6. Who is the Other Jesus?
7. In Islam, who is Muhammed?
8. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
9. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
10. What is the organization of the church?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)