|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
(a) Charles Taze Russell
(b) Joseph Smith
(c) Charles Fillmore
(d) Herbert W. Armstrong
2. The form of Biblical interpretation promoted by the Worldwide Church of God is based on __________________________.
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) the Seventh Day Adventists
(d) the traditional Christian interpretation
3. The founder of the Church of the New Jerusalem was ________________.
(a) Helena Blavatsky
(b) Charles Taze Russel
(c) Emmanuel Swedenborg
(d) Lenora Piper
4. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(c) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
(d) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
5. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
(a) was an offshoot of Jehovah's Witnesses
(b) was the result of three segments of Millerism
(c) was the result of two segments of Millerism
(d) was founded by William Miller
Short Answer Questions
1. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
2. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
3. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
4. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
5. According to the New Age, what separates man from God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Worldwide Church of God reach people around the world?
2. In Islam, who is Muhammed?
3. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
4. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
5. Why are the Mormons successful in missionary work?
6. Why are the Jehovah's Witnesses so successful in overseas missionary work?
7. According to the New Age cult, what is the concept of moral relativism?
8. What is the purpose of the Divine Principle?
9. Is Seventh Day Adventism a cult or a legitimate denomination?
10. What is the Shahada?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)