|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
(a) there are no beliefs concerning medical treatment
(b) the belief that matter is sinful
(c) the belief in mind over matter
(d) the basic belief that mind is everything and that matter is not mind
2. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
(a) avoidance of alcohol
(b) avoidance of tobacco
(c) avoidance of caffeine
(d) all of the below
3. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
(a) Christian Science
4. Zen Buddhism is _______________________________.
(a) the oldest form of cult activity
(b) a relatively new cult
(c) the second oldest form of cult activity
(d) a major world religion
5. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
6. The Christian Science faith was founded by ______________________.
(a) Ellen G. White
(b) Mary Baker Eddy
(c) Lenora Piper
(d) Charles Taze Russell
7. Christian Scientists believe that hell is _________________________.
(a) a place of fire and brimstone
(b) made by the sinner who does evil
(c) the place where all non-members go
(d) a temporary holding place
8. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(b) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
(c) requires missionary work of all if members
(d) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
9. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
(a) there are noen
(b) much more lax
(d) about the same
10. The cult tries to present itself as ________________.
(a) An alternative to Christianity
(b) A new set of values
(d) An easier form of Christianity
11. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
(a) one year
(b) five years
(c) two years
(d) three years
12. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
(a) Council of Twelve
(b) Mutual Improvement Association
(c) General Authorities
(d) First Quorum of the Seventy
13. How many cult members are there in the United States?
(a) 20 million
(b) 10 million
(c) 1 million
(d) 50 million
14. What must the Christian pay attention to in discussions with the cultist?
15. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first temple site was in _________________________.
2. What is the danger of contact with the Spirits?
3. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
4. The doctrines of Christian Science __________________________________________.
5. The purpose of psychological conditioning is to ___________________________.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)