|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mormon practice of polygamy began in ___________________.
(a) never existed
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah
(c) Kirkland, Ohio
(d) Independence, Missouri
2. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
(a) are contrary to orthodox Christian doctrine
(b) there are no specific teachings
(c) are based on Judeao teachings
(d) are the same as orthodox Christian doctrine
3. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
(b) Christian Science
4. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
(b) Don't believe in the use of medicines
(c) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(d) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
5. What do cults represent?
(a) A movement toward established religions
(b) A movement toward more enhanced Christianity
(c) A trend away from Christian churches and the teachings of the Bible
(d) A way to bring more people into Christianity
6. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) it is an easy religion to practice
(b) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
(c) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
(d) the continuity of life after death
7. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
(a) Charles Taze Russell
(b) Brigham Young
(c) Spencer W. Kimball
(d) Joseph Smith, Jr.
8. The Mormon Church is directed by _______________________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) the Top Apostles
(c) The General Authorities
(d) Brigham Young
9. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
(c) United States
10. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
(a) Mohammad Ali
(b) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(c) Bhadwan Shree Ranjneesh
(d) Maharish Mahesh Yogic
11. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
(d) religion and science
12. The way to escape the sorrow of life is to _____________________________.
(a) follow the Eightfold Path
(b) experience continual reincarnation
(d) there is no escape
13. The Christian Science faith was founded by ______________________.
(a) Ellen G. White
(b) Charles Taze Russell
(c) Lenora Piper
(d) Mary Baker Eddy
14. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
(b) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(c) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
(d) requires missionary work of all if members
15. Rutherford accused Christians of _______________________.
(a) Creating sects
(c) Religious intolerance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the danger of contact with the Spirits?
2. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
3. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
4. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
5. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)