|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cult's authoritarianism comes from its _______________.
2. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
(a) L. Ron Hubbard
(b) Joseph Smith, Jr.
(c) Faustus Socinos
(d) Herbert W. Armstrong
3. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) requires missionary work of all if members
(b) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(c) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
(d) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
4. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
(a) Theological and doctrinal
(b) An appeal to emtions
(d) An appeal based on sociology and culture
5. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
6. To the Christian Scientist, the Trinity represents _________________________________.
(b) the reason for the existence of Christian Science
(c) the basis of the Christian Science faith
(d) equality among Father, Son and Holy Spirit
7. What is a part of cult membership?
(a) Empasis on logic
(b) Free choice
(c) Promotion of free thinking
(d) Psychological conditioning
8. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
(a) had a revelation
(b) slipped and fell on the ice
(c) spent years researching the subject
(d) married a minister
9. The term cult terminology refers to ___________________________________.
(a) The redefinitions of traditional terms
(b) The new concepts of the cults
(c) The development of doctrines by cults
(d) The new terms that the cults have brought into existence
10. In the 1920s, who identified cults as a force in American Protestantism?
(a) Dr. Charles Braden
(b) Charles T. Russell
(c) Charles W. Fergueson
(d) Dr. Marcus Bach
11. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(b) a form of science
(c) a form of Spiritism
(d) a form of Buddhism
12. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
(a) False prophets
13. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
(a) Receives all non-members
(b) Is a concept from the Bible
(c) Does not exist
14. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
(a) are the same as orthodox Christian doctrine
(b) are based on Judeao teachings
(c) are contrary to orthodox Christian doctrine
(d) there are no specific teachings
15. Christ warned against ________________.
(b) False prophets
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
2. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
3. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
4. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
5. Spiritism is __________________________.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)