|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding Atonement, Jehovah's Witnesses believe ________________________________.
(a) Total cleansing power of the blood of Christ
(b) Conditional cleansing power of the blood of Christ
(c) No cleansing power of the blood of Christ
(d) Partial cleaning power of the bood of Christ
2. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
(a) the belief in mind over matter
(b) there are no beliefs concerning medical treatment
(c) the belief that matter is sinful
(d) the basic belief that mind is everything and that matter is not mind
3. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
(a) attend special classes
(b) they weren't allowed to join
(c) pay a tithe
(d) lost their membership
4. The new vocabulary has _______________________________________.
(a) Resulted in no reinterpretation of the Scriptures
(b) Had no effect on the meaning of the Scriptures
(c) Enhanced the meanings of the Scriptures
(d) Changed the meanings of traditional concepts in the Scriptures
5. Hubbard published his religious views and views on therapy in _________________________________.
(a) there is no such publication
(b) Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health
(c) a novel
(d) a science fiction story
6. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
(a) False prophets
7. Term switching is ____________________________.
(a) The most potent tool of the traditional Christian
(b) Has no function for the cultist
(c) Allows for dialogue betwen the cultist and the traditional Christian
(d) The most potent tool of cults
8. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
(a) An appeal based on sociology and culture
(b) Theological and doctrinal
(d) An appeal to emtions
9. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Daniel Webster
(b) Robert Dale Owen
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(d) Andrew Jackson Davis
10. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
(a) good works
(b) last rites
(c) faith in God
(d) character development
11. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
(a) Structure of living
(b) Personal motivation
(d) Outlook on the world
12. Mirz Ali Hummad was known as ________________.
(a) the Bab
(b) the Savior
(c) the Prophet
(d) the Heretic
13. What must the Christian pay attention to in discussions with the cultist?
14. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
(a) Wilmette, Illinois
(b) Baltimore, Maryland
(c) Salt Lake City, Utah
(d) Brooklyn, New York
15. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
(c) United States
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
2. Rutherford accused Christians of _______________________.
3. The goal of the Baha'i Faith is _____________________________.
4. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
5. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)