|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the danger of contact with the Spirits?
(a) the contact is a hoax
(b) there is no way to contact the spirits
(c) the participants may be damaged by the experience
(d) the spirits may be demonic
2. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
3. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
(b) An appeal based on sociology and culture
(c) Theological and doctrinal
(d) An appeal to emtions
4. The first temple site was in _________________________.
(a) Palmyra, New York
(b) Kirkland, Ohio
(c) Salt Lake City, Utah
(d) Independence, Missouri
5. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
(a) three years
(b) five years
(c) two years
(d) one year
6. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
(a) in communication with Satan
(b) that the afterlife is whatever each spirit chooses to make it
(c) in the existence of Hell
(d) in the existence of Purgatory
7. Theosophy __________________________________.
(a) accepts the basic Christian doctrines
(b) combines the basic doctrines of Christianity and Judaism
(c) bollows the doctrines from the world's major religions
(d) rejects the basic Christian doctrines
8. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
9. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
(a) the Four Noble Truths
(b) the Seven Principles
(c) there is no theology
(d) the Eightfold Path
10. Charles Taze Russel was the founder of ____________________.
(b) Seventh Days Adventists
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses
11. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
(a) The definition of God
(b) The definitions of the Trinity
(c) The definition of personal values
(d) The definition of hell
12. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(b) a form of science
(c) a form of Spiritism
(d) a form of Buddhism
13. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(b) Robert Dale Owen
(c) Daniel Webster
(d) Andrew Jackson Davis
14. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
(a) Faustus Socinos
(b) L. Ron Hubbard
(c) Herbert W. Armstrong
(d) Joseph Smith, Jr.
15. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) requires missionary work of all if members
(b) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
(c) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(d) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
Short Answer Questions
1. Cults represent ____________________________________.
2. Which is not one of the Four Noble Truths?
3. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
4. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
5. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)