|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
(b) Christian Science
2. The Mormon Church is directed by _______________________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) the Top Apostles
(c) Brigham Young
(d) The General Authorities
3. How many cult members are there in the United States?
(a) 50 million
(b) 20 million
(c) 1 million
(d) 10 million
4. Christ warned against ________________.
(d) False prophets
5. Regarding Atonement, Jehovah's Witnesses believe ________________________________.
(a) Total cleansing power of the blood of Christ
(b) Conditional cleansing power of the blood of Christ
(c) Partial cleaning power of the bood of Christ
(d) No cleansing power of the blood of Christ
6. Mary Baker Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures _________________________.
(a) contained many plagiarisms
(b) became a bestseller
(c) contained the truths of Mind Science
(d) explained Mrs. Eddy's philosophy
7. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
(a) Mutual Improvement Association
(b) General Authorities
(c) First Quorum of the Seventy
(d) Council of Twelve
8. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
(a) Baltimore, Maryland
(b) Wilmette, Illinois
(c) Brooklyn, New York
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah
9. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
(a) Asian Buddhism
(c) the Japanese branch of Buddhism
10. The Christian Science faith was founded by ______________________.
(a) Mary Baker Eddy
(b) Lenora Piper
(c) Charles Taze Russell
(d) Ellen G. White
11. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Daniel Webster
(b) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(c) Andrew Jackson Davis
(d) Robert Dale Owen
12. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
13. Mirzo Husayn Ali was known as ______________.
(a) the Messiah
(c) the Bab
(d) the Prophet
14. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
(b) Common sense
(c) Personal values
(d) The gospels of Christ
15. Theosophy recognizes ______________________________.
(a) the basic Christian beliefs
(b) the ancient cult of Gnosticism
(c) a personal God
(d) the beliefs of Islam
Short Answer Questions
1. Which doctrine is usually defined by cultists?
2. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
3. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
4. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
5. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)