|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
2. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) the continuity of life after death
(b) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
(c) it is an easy religion to practice
(d) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
3. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
(a) An appeal based on sociology and culture
(c) Theological and doctrinal
(d) An appeal to emtions
4. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
(a) are based on Judeao teachings
(b) there are no specific teachings
(c) are the same as orthodox Christian doctrine
(d) are contrary to orthodox Christian doctrine
5. What is a cult?
(a) A cult refers to people with similar beliefs
(b) A cult refers to a group of oddballs
(c) A cult refers to a religious group that differs significantly from other religious groups in some respects.
(d) A cult refers to a groups of people with different beliefs
6. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
(a) Does not exist
(b) Receives all non-members
(d) Is a concept from the Bible
7. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
8. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
(a) The gospels of Christ
(c) Personal values
(d) Common sense
9. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
(c) United States
10. Mirz Ali Hummad was known as ________________.
(a) the Heretic
(b) the Bab
(c) the Savior
(d) the Prophet
11. What is most important in establishing rapport with a cult member?
(a) Sharing the cult beliefs
(b) Personal acceptance of the member as a person
(c) Debating the issues
(d) Lying to the cult members about your own position
12. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
13. Rutherford accused Christians of _______________________.
(b) Creating sects
(d) Religious intolerance
14. Who succeeded Russell as leader when Russell died?
(a) Judge J.F. Rutherford
(b) Russel's son
(c) Reverend J.J. Ross
(d) Russel's wife
15. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
(a) General Authorities
(b) Council of Twelve
(c) Mutual Improvement Association
(d) First Quorum of the Seventy
Short Answer Questions
1. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
2. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
3. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
4. How many cult members are there in the United States?
5. The doctrines of Christian Science __________________________________________.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)