|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
(a) Brigham Young
(b) Spencer W. Kimball
(c) John C. Bennett
(d) Joseph Smith, Jr.
2. The founder of Scientology had been ____________________________.
(a) a sicentist
(b) a researcher
(c) a successful science fiction writer
(d) a doctor
3. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Don't believe in the use of medicines
(b) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
(c) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(d) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
4. Satori is defined as ___________________________.
(a) a study of meditation
(b) a form of reincarnation
(c) a state of prayer
(d) understanding of reality
5. Spiritism is __________________________.
(a) a relatively new cult
(b) not in existence anymore
(c) one of the oldest forms of religious cult
(d) is a melting pot of cults
6. The doctrines of Christian Science __________________________________________.
(a) closely parallel the teachings of traditional Christianity
(b) vary slightly from the teachings of traditional Christianity
(c) differ greatly from those of traditional Christianity
(d) are not related to the teachings of traditional Christianity
7. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
(a) much more lax
(b) there are noen
(d) about the same
8. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) requires missionary work of all if members
(b) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
(c) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(d) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
9. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
(a) ten high priests
(b) the First Presidency
(c) twelve high priests
(d) all priests
10. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
11. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
(a) are contrary to orthodox Christian doctrine
(b) are the same as orthodox Christian doctrine
(c) are based on Judeao teachings
(d) there are no specific teachings
12. What is a cult?
(a) A cult refers to a religious group that differs significantly from other religious groups in some respects.
(b) A cult refers to people with similar beliefs
(c) A cult refers to a groups of people with different beliefs
(d) A cult refers to a group of oddballs
13. Scientology promises to help the follower achieve well being in all but one of the following areas:
14. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
(a) Structure of living
(b) Acceptance of doctrine
(c) Individual's outlook
15. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
(c) religion and science
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
2. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
3. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
4. The Dawn Bible Students Association ________________________________.
5. Mrs. Eddy founded and taught at the ________________________________.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)