|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the Christian pay attention to in discussions with the cultist?
2. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
3. How can the cultist claim to agree with various quotes from the Bible?
(a) Terms have been redefined
(b) There are no doctrinal issues between cults and mainstream Christianity
(c) They have the same beliefs
(d) They lie
4. The founder of Scientology had been ____________________________.
(a) a researcher
(b) a successful science fiction writer
(c) a sicentist
(d) a doctor
5. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
(b) the continuity of life after death
(c) it is an easy religion to practice
(d) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
6. Christ warned against ________________.
(d) False prophets
7. Hubbard published his religious views and views on therapy in _________________________________.
(a) a novel
(b) there is no such publication
(c) a science fiction story
(d) Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health
8. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
(a) The definition of hell
(b) The definitions of the Trinity
(c) The definition of personal values
(d) The definition of God
9. The term cult terminology refers to ___________________________________.
(a) The redefinitions of traditional terms
(b) The new concepts of the cults
(c) The development of doctrines by cults
(d) The new terms that the cults have brought into existence
10. What are the two advantages of the cultist regarding the use of redefinitions?
(a) Surprise and anger
(b) Surprise and logic
(c) Anger and confusion
(d) Surprise and confusion
11. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
(a) Most vehement
(c) Average compared to the others
(d) The mildest
12. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
(a) Acceptance of doctrine
(c) Structure of living
(d) Individual's outlook
13. What do cults represent?
(a) A movement toward established religions
(b) A way to bring more people into Christianity
(c) A movement toward more enhanced Christianity
(d) A trend away from Christian churches and the teachings of the Bible
14. Term switching is ____________________________.
(a) The most potent tool of cults
(b) Allows for dialogue betwen the cultist and the traditional Christian
(c) The most potent tool of the traditional Christian
(d) Has no function for the cultist
15. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
(a) much more lax
(c) about the same
(d) there are noen
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
2. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
3. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
4. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
5. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)