|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
(a) Brigham Young
(b) John C. Bennett
(c) Joseph Smith, Jr.
(d) Spencer W. Kimball
2. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
(a) last rites
(b) faith in God
(c) character development
(d) good works
3. Cults represent ____________________________________.
(a) A group that meets periodically to solve problems
(b) The attempt of people to fulfill of the human spirit
(c) A social club
(d) A group of people with common interests
4. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
(a) Faustus Socinos
(b) Herbert W. Armstrong
(c) L. Ron Hubbard
(d) Joseph Smith, Jr.
5. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
6. Who succeeded Russell as leader when Russell died?
(a) Russel's wife
(b) Judge J.F. Rutherford
(c) Russel's son
(d) Reverend J.J. Ross
7. Zen Buddhism is _______________________________.
(a) a relatively new cult
(b) the second oldest form of cult activity
(c) the oldest form of cult activity
(d) a major world religion
8. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
9. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) society is too diverse to characterize
(b) is a growing system of thought
(c) inherently good
(d) inherently evil
10. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(b) a form of science
(c) a form of Spiritism
(d) a form of Buddhism
11. Spiritism is __________________________.
(a) is a melting pot of cults
(b) a relatively new cult
(c) one of the oldest forms of religious cult
(d) not in existence anymore
12. The way to escape the sorrow of life is to _____________________________.
(a) experience continual reincarnation
(b) there is no escape
(c) follow the Eightfold Path
13. What is a melting pot?
(a) A melting pot is a blend of nations
(b) A melting pot refers to different religions
(c) A melting pot is a pan to melt butter in
(d) A melting pot is a blend of people, cultures and religions
14. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
(b) Common sense
(c) Personal values
(d) The gospels of Christ
15. Isolationism is a ________________________.
(a) Practiced by Christians
(b) Rejected by cultists
(c) Psychological trait of cult members
(d) Goal of Christianity
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cult members are there in the United States?
2. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
3. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
4. The term cult terminology refers to ___________________________________.
5. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)