Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
(a) attend special classes
(b) they weren't allowed to join
(c) pay a tithe
(d) lost their membership
2. What is used to measure the veracity of cults?
(a) The intensity of the group beliefs
(b) The authority of the Scriptures
(c) The scope of the group activities
(d) The group values
3. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(b) a form of Spiritism
(c) a form of Buddhism
(d) a form of science
4. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
(a) the marble states
(b) the stone tablets
(c) the six stones
(d) the golden plates
5. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
(c) religion and science
6. Mirzo Husayn Ali was known as ______________.
(a) the Messiah
(b) the Prophet
(d) the Bab
7. To the Christian Scientist, the Trinity represents _________________________________.
(b) the reason for the existence of Christian Science
(c) the basis of the Christian Science faith
(d) equality among Father, Son and Holy Spirit
8. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
(b) the continuity of life after death
(c) it is an easy religion to practice
(d) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
9. The way to escape the sorrow of life is to _____________________________.
(a) experience continual reincarnation
(c) there is no escape
(d) follow the Eightfold Path
10. Which is not one of the Four Noble Truths?
(a) the cessation of suffering
(b) the cause of suffering
11. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) inherently good
(b) inherently evil
(c) society is too diverse to characterize
(d) is a growing system of thought
12. In the 1920s, who identified cults as a force in American Protestantism?
(a) Dr. Charles Braden
(b) Charles W. Fergueson
(c) Dr. Marcus Bach
(d) Charles T. Russell
13. Who do Mormons consider to be Gentiles?
(a) any non-Mormon
(c) anyone under twenty-one years of age
(d) any non-Christian
14. What is the danger of contact with the Spirits?
(a) there is no way to contact the spirits
(b) the spirits may be demonic
(c) the contact is a hoax
(d) the participants may be damaged by the experience
15. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
(b) Is a concept from the Bible
(c) Receives all non-members
(d) Does not exist
Short Answer Questions
1. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
2. What is a melting pot?
3. Satori is defined as ___________________________.
4. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
5. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)