|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
(a) Mohammad Ali
(b) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(c) Bhadwan Shree Ranjneesh
(d) Maharish Mahesh Yogic
2. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
(b) there are noen
(c) much more lax
(d) about the same
3. Why is it important to be knowledgeable about Christian doctrine?
(a) To develop a value system
(b) To be better educated
(c) To be able to argue logically
(d) To be able to spot the flaws in the logic of cults
4. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
(a) First Quorum of the Seventy
(b) General Authorities
(c) Mutual Improvement Association
(d) Council of Twelve
5. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
(a) spent years researching the subject
(b) had a revelation
(c) slipped and fell on the ice
(d) married a minister
6. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
7. What is the danger of contact with the Spirits?
(a) the participants may be damaged by the experience
(b) the spirits may be demonic
(c) there is no way to contact the spirits
(d) the contact is a hoax
8. Theosophy __________________________________.
(a) bollows the doctrines from the world's major religions
(b) combines the basic doctrines of Christianity and Judaism
(c) rejects the basic Christian doctrines
(d) accepts the basic Christian doctrines
9. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
(a) avoidance of tobacco
(b) avoidance of caffeine
(c) all of the below
(d) avoidance of alcohol
10. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
(b) the Japanese branch of Buddhism
(c) Asian Buddhism
11. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
(a) The traditional Christian and the cultist are basically speaking different languages
(b) The meaning of doctrine is unaffected
(c) Basic terms have the same meanings
(d) Cults do not pay any attention to the new vgocabulary
12. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
(a) the six stones
(b) the stone tablets
(c) the golden plates
(d) the marble states
13. The doctrines of Christian Science __________________________________________.
(a) are not related to the teachings of traditional Christianity
(b) differ greatly from those of traditional Christianity
(c) vary slightly from the teachings of traditional Christianity
(d) closely parallel the teachings of traditional Christianity
14. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
(a) Average compared to the others
(b) Most vehement
(c) The mildest
15. The cult tries to present itself as ________________.
(a) An easier form of Christianity
(b) A new set of values
(c) An alternative to Christianity
Short Answer Questions
1. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
2. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
3. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
4. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
5. The personal antagonism of the cultists is directed against ____________________________________.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)