|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important characteristic of cults?
(a) Acceptance of Christian doctrine
(b) Cognitive evaluation of facts
(c) Open mindedness
(d) Closed mindedness
2. The Unitarian Universalist Church resulted from a merger of the Unitarians and Universalists in what year?
3. The personal antagonism of the cultists is directed against ____________________________________.
(a) Those who don't accept the cult-doctrine
(b) Other members of the cult
(d) Authority figures
4. How can the cultist claim to agree with various quotes from the Bible?
(a) Terms have been redefined
(b) They lie
(c) They have the same beliefs
(d) There are no doctrinal issues between cults and mainstream Christianity
5. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
(b) about the same
(c) there are noen
(d) much more lax
6. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
7. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
8. What is a part of cult membership?
(a) Empasis on logic
(b) Free choice
(c) Psychological conditioning
(d) Promotion of free thinking
9. The Dawn Bible Students Association ________________________________.
(a) Were the sect the Jehovah's Witnesses split from
(b) Represented the true followers of Russell
(c) Were a splinter group
(d) Were a part of the Watchtower
10. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(b) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
(c) Don't believe in the use of medicines
(d) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
11. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
(a) three years
(b) two years
(c) five years
(d) one year
12. Scientology promises to help the follower achieve well being in all but one of the following areas:
13. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
(a) pay a tithe
(b) attend special classes
(c) lost their membership
(d) they weren't allowed to join
14. Cults represent ____________________________________.
(a) A group that meets periodically to solve problems
(b) A group of people with common interests
(c) A social club
(d) The attempt of people to fulfill of the human spirit
15. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
(b) Christian Science
Short Answer Questions
1. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
2. Who do Mormons consider to be Gentiles?
3. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
4. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
5. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)