|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
(b) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(c) Don't believe in the use of medicines
(d) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
2. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
(a) lost their membership
(b) pay a tithe
(c) attend special classes
(d) they weren't allowed to join
3. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
(b) Outlook on the world
(c) Structure of living
(d) Personal motivation
4. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(b) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
(c) requires missionary work of all if members
(d) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
5. The goal of the Baha'i Faith is _____________________________.
(a) salvation of souls
(b) the eradication of Judaism
(c) the eradication of Christianity
(d) the unity of all religions under Baha'ism
6. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
(a) The mildest
(c) Most vehement
(d) Average compared to the others
7. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
(b) Personal values
(c) The gospels of Christ
(d) Common sense
8. Scientology promises to help the follower achieve well being in all but one of the following areas:
9. Cults represent ____________________________________.
(a) A group of people with common interests
(b) A social club
(c) The attempt of people to fulfill of the human spirit
(d) A group that meets periodically to solve problems
10. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
(c) United States
11. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) society is too diverse to characterize
(b) inherently good
(c) inherently evil
(d) is a growing system of thought
12. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
13. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
(a) character development
(b) good works
(c) last rites
(d) faith in God
14. Mary Baker Eddy believed she wrote under the guidance of _________________________.
(a) divine authorship
(b) her own views
(d) with the guidance of an angel
15. Which is not one of the Four Noble Truths?
(a) the cessation of suffering
(c) the cause of suffering
Short Answer Questions
1. Zen Buddhists believe _______________________________.
2. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
3. Which doctrine is usually defined by cultists?
4. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
5. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)