|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
(a) spent years researching the subject
(b) had a revelation
(c) slipped and fell on the ice
(d) married a minister
2. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
3. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
(a) Does not exist
(b) Receives all non-members
(d) Is a concept from the Bible
4. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
5. Christ warned against ________________.
(b) False prophets
6. Scientology promises to help the follower achieve well being in all but one of the following areas:
7. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
(a) are the same as orthodox Christian doctrine
(b) are based on Judeao teachings
(c) are contrary to orthodox Christian doctrine
(d) there are no specific teachings
8. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
(a) Most vehement
(b) Average compared to the others
(c) The mildest
9. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(a) a form of Spiritism
(c) a form of science
(d) a form of Buddhism
10. The purpose of psychological conditioning is to ___________________________.
(a) Elicit a desired response
(b) Develop free thinking
(c) Develop emotional dependency
(d) Create fear
11. The Mormon practice of polygamy began in ___________________.
(a) never existed
(b) Independence, Missouri
(c) Kirkland, Ohio
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah
12. Satori is defined as ___________________________.
(a) a state of prayer
(b) a study of meditation
(c) understanding of reality
(d) a form of reincarnation
13. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
(a) the six stones
(b) the marble states
(c) the golden plates
(d) the stone tablets
14. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
(b) United States
15. Theosophy __________________________________.
(a) combines the basic doctrines of Christianity and Judaism
(b) bollows the doctrines from the world's major religions
(c) rejects the basic Christian doctrines
(d) accepts the basic Christian doctrines
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cult members are there in the United States?
2. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
3. What is most important in establishing rapport with a cult member?
4. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
5. What is a cult?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)