|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) inherently good
(b) is a growing system of thought
(c) society is too diverse to characterize
(d) inherently evil
2. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
(b) religion and science
3. Cults represent ____________________________________.
(a) A group that meets periodically to solve problems
(b) A group of people with common interests
(c) A social club
(d) The attempt of people to fulfill of the human spirit
4. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
(a) Basic terms have the same meanings
(b) Cults do not pay any attention to the new vgocabulary
(c) The meaning of doctrine is unaffected
(d) The traditional Christian and the cultist are basically speaking different languages
5. What must the Christian pay attention to in discussions with the cultist?
6. The way to escape the sorrow of life is to _____________________________.
(a) experience continual reincarnation
(b) follow the Eightfold Path
(d) there is no escape
7. In the 1920s, who identified cults as a force in American Protestantism?
(a) Charles W. Fergueson
(b) Dr. Marcus Bach
(c) Dr. Charles Braden
(d) Charles T. Russell
8. Christians and cultists should focus their attention on __________________________.
(c) Biblical quotes
(d) Definition of terms
9. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
(a) twelve high priests
(b) all priests
(c) the First Presidency
(d) ten high priests
10. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
(a) there are noen
(b) about the same
(d) much more lax
11. The Christian Science faith was founded by ______________________.
(a) Mary Baker Eddy
(b) Ellen G. White
(c) Charles Taze Russell
(d) Lenora Piper
12. The term which describes Christian Science is ________________________.
(a) unity science
(b) body science
(c) brain science
(d) mind science
13. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
(a) the basic belief that mind is everything and that matter is not mind
(b) there are no beliefs concerning medical treatment
(c) the belief that matter is sinful
(d) the belief in mind over matter
14. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(b) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
(c) Don't believe in the use of medicines
(d) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
15. Spiritism is __________________________.
(a) not in existence anymore
(b) one of the oldest forms of religious cult
(c) a relatively new cult
(d) is a melting pot of cults
Short Answer Questions
1. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
2. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
3. What is the most important characteristic of cults?
4. How many planes of the Universe exist in the theology of Theorophy?
5. Theosophy recognizes ______________________________.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)