|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two advantages of the cultist regarding the use of redefinitions?
(a) Surprise and confusion
(b) Surprise and logic
(c) Anger and confusion
(d) Surprise and anger
2. Charles Taze Russel was the founder of ____________________.
(b) Seventh Days Adventists
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses
3. Rutherford accused Christians of _______________________.
(a) Creating sects
(b) Religious intolerance
4. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
(a) Personal motivation
(c) Structure of living
(d) Outlook on the world
5. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
6. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
(a) avoidance of alcohol
(b) avoidance of caffeine
(c) avoidance of tobacco
(d) all of the below
7. Do Christian Science teachings closely follow the Bible?
(a) there are few redefinitions
(b) yes, there are few deviations
(c) no, there are many deviations and terminology switches
(d) Christian Scientists do not accept the Bible
8. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
(c) the Japanese branch of Buddhism
(d) Asian Buddhism
9. Zen Buddhism is _______________________________.
(a) the second oldest form of cult activity
(b) a relatively new cult
(c) a major world religion
(d) the oldest form of cult activity
10. Mary Baker Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures _________________________.
(a) contained many plagiarisms
(b) contained the truths of Mind Science
(c) explained Mrs. Eddy's philosophy
(d) became a bestseller
11. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Robert Dale Owen
(b) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(c) Daniel Webster
(d) Andrew Jackson Davis
12. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
(a) Russia and China
(b) Germany and China
(c) Germany and Italy
(d) Germany and Japan
13. What is most important in establishing rapport with a cult member?
(a) Personal acceptance of the member as a person
(b) Sharing the cult beliefs
(c) Debating the issues
(d) Lying to the cult members about your own position
14. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
15. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
(a) The mildest
(c) Most vehement
(d) Average compared to the others
Short Answer Questions
1. Mirz Ali Hummad was known as ________________.
2. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
3. Christ warned against ________________.
4. The doctrines of Christian Science __________________________________________.
5. Scientology promises to help the follower achieve well being in all but one of the following areas:
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)