|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Buddhism—Classical, Zen, and Nichiren Shoshu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first temple site was in _________________________.
(a) Kirkland, Ohio
(b) Palmyra, New York
(c) Salt Lake City, Utah
(d) Independence, Missouri
2. What is most important in establishing rapport with a cult member?
(a) Lying to the cult members about your own position
(b) Personal acceptance of the member as a person
(c) Sharing the cult beliefs
(d) Debating the issues
3. Which is not one of the Four Noble Truths?
(c) the cause of suffering
(d) the cessation of suffering
4. Cults ________________________________.
(a) Are all Christian based
(b) Have the same practices
(c) Have the same beliefs
(d) Emphasize different concepts
5. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) inherently good
(b) inherently evil
(c) society is too diverse to characterize
(d) is a growing system of thought
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
2. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
3. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
4. How many cult members are there in the United States?
5. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)