|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new vocabulary has _______________________________________.
(a) Had no effect on the meaning of the Scriptures
(b) Enhanced the meanings of the Scriptures
(c) Resulted in no reinterpretation of the Scriptures
(d) Changed the meanings of traditional concepts in the Scriptures
2. As a result of the new vocabulary, __________________________________________.
(a) Basic terms have the same meanings
(b) The traditional Christian and the cultist are basically speaking different languages
(c) Cults do not pay any attention to the new vgocabulary
(d) The meaning of doctrine is unaffected
3. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
(a) Structure of living
(b) Individual's outlook
(c) Acceptance of doctrine
4. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
(a) Theological and doctrinal
(c) An appeal to emtions
(d) An appeal based on sociology and culture
5. Cults represent ____________________________________.
(a) A social club
(b) The attempt of people to fulfill of the human spirit
(c) A group of people with common interests
(d) A group that meets periodically to solve problems
Short Answer Questions
1. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
2. The cult tries to present itself as ________________.
3. The Mormon Church is directed by _______________________________.
4. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
5. Mary Baker Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures _________________________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)