|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
2. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
3. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
4. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
5. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Matthews concerned the community?
2. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
3. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
4. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
5. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
6. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
7. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
8. Who was Ann Folger?
9. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
10. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why The Kingdom dissolved and the significance of its dissolution.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of religious cult readers and how they influence believers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the anti-Burgher Secession Church with Calvinism and Catholicism, examining the similarities and differences among the three churches.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)