|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
2. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
3. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
4. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
5. On what did Matthew blame Elijah's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Matthews claim to be the Spirit of?
2. What debate raged over Matthews?
3. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
4. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
5. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
6. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
7. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
8. What did Matthews eventually ban?
9. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
10. What about Matthews concerned the community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Ann as "Mother of the Kingdom" and why this role was significant.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the belief of predestination in Calvinist tradition and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Elijah, Matthews, and Benjamin, examining the similarities and differences in their beliefs and actions.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)