|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
2. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
3. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
4. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
5. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
2. What did Matthews eventually ban?
3. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
4. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
5. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
6. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
7. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
8. What debate raged over Matthews?
9. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
10. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of anti-Mason sentiment and the influence of masonry in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of religious cult readers and how they influence believers.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Kirtland, Joseph Smith, and Mormonism in The Kingdom of Matthias.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)