|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision did Matthews have about Ann Folger?
2. What did Matthews say about women and the truth?
3. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
4. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
5. Why was the charge of fraud dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
2. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
3. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
4. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
5. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
6. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
7. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
8. What did Matthews claim to be the Spirit of?
9. What about Matthews concerned the community?
10. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of religious cult readers and how they influence believers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Ann as "Mother of the Kingdom" and why this role was significant.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Matthews' relationships with his wife, Margaret and children and how it influenced him.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)