|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ann make for Matthews according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
2. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
3. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
4. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
5. What did Isabella Van Wagenen become convinced of about Matthews?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
2. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
3. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
4. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
5. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
6. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
7. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
8. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
9. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
10. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Finneyism, including its philosophy and role in the United States during the 1800's.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Calvinist tradition and doctrine in the United States and how it influenced early settlers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the anti-Burgher Secession Church with Calvinism and Catholicism, examining the similarities and differences among the three churches.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)