Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
2. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
3. What was Benjamin forced to do with his wife Ann?
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sensationalist literary tradition and how it was influenced by Matthews' trial.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Matthews' fire and brimstone sermons, and the claims that Matthews made about himself.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Finneyism, including its philosophy and role in the United States during the 1800's.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)