|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
2. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
3. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
4. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
5. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
2. What debate raged over Matthews?
3. What about Matthews concerned the community?
4. Who was Ann Folger?
5. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
6. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
7. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
8. What did Matthews eventually ban?
9. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
10. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Ann as "Mother of the Kingdom" and why this role was significant.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Finneyism, including its philosophy and role in the United States during the 1800's.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the complexity of relationships in The Kingdom of Matthias, including the belief in a "match spirit."
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)