|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
2. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
3. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
4. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
5. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
2. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
3. What debate raged over Matthews?
4. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
5. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
6. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
7. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
8. What about Matthews concerned the community?
9. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
10. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of anti-Mason sentiment and the influence of masonry in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the anti-Burgher Secession Church with Calvinism and Catholicism, examining the similarities and differences among the three churches.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Matthews' relationships with his wife, Margaret and children and how it influenced him.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)