|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
2. Who did Matthews take residence with after meeting Elijah?
3. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
4. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
5. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
2. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
3. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
4. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
5. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
6. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
7. What did Matthews eventually ban?
8. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
9. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
10. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the anti-Burgher Secession Church with Calvinism and Catholicism, examining the similarities and differences among the three churches.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the complexity of relationships in The Kingdom of Matthias, including the belief in a "match spirit."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Sojourner Truth in the abolitionist movement and what influenced her to become involved.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)