|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
2. On what did Matthew blame Elijah's death?
3. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
4. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
5. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
2. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
3. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
4. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
5. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
6. What did Matthews eventually ban?
7. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
8. Who was Ann Folger?
9. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
10. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Ann as "Mother of the Kingdom" and why this role was significant.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the anti-Burgher Secession Church with Calvinism and Catholicism, examining the similarities and differences among the three churches.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Elijah and Sarah, as well as Elijah's role in The Kingdom of Matthias.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)