|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
2. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
3. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
4. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
5. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
2. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
3. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
4. What about Matthews concerned the community?
5. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
6. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
7. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
8. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
9. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
10. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the belief of predestination in Calvinist tradition and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Finneyism, including its philosophy and role in the United States during the 1800's.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why The Kingdom dissolved and the significance of its dissolution.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)