Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
2. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
3. What was Benjamin forced to do with his wife Ann?
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Matthews' ban of prayer and why he disagreed with traditional Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the charges made against Matthews and the significance of the trial.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the missionary community in the 1800's and the significance it had on early American culture.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)