|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious upbringing did Elijah have?
2. When did Matthews beat a woman according to historical evidences?
3. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
4. What did the Retrenchment Society build according to "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
5. What was Sarah's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
2. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
3. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
4. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
5. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
6. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
7. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
8. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
9. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
10. What did Matthews denounce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Ann as "Mother of the Kingdom" and why this role was significant.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the belief of predestination in Calvinist tradition and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of religious cult readers and how they influence believers.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)