|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
2. When did Sarah die?
3. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
4. Who invited Kirk to Albany?
5. What was Matthews' convinced of after God told him to stop shaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
2. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
3. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
5. What happened to Matthews' family while they were in Albany?
6. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
7. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
8. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
9. Why did Matthews resent Edward Kirk and Finneyites?
10. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Sojourner Truth in the abolitionist movement and what influenced her to become involved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why The Kingdom dissolved and the significance of its dissolution.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact of the penny press and how their publications influenced early Americans.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)