|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
2. When did Matthews' parents die?
3. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
4. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
5. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
2. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
3. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
4. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
5. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
6. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
7. What happened to Matthews' family while they were in Albany?
8. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
9. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
10. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why The Kingdom dissolved and the significance of its dissolution.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Matthews' ban of prayer and why he disagreed with traditional Christianity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of anti-Mason sentiment and the influence of masonry in the United States.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)