|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
2. When did Matthews beat a woman according to historical evidences?
3. What was Sarah's maiden name?
4. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
5. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
2. What debate raged over Matthews?
3. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
4. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
5. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
6. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
7. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
8. How did Isabella describe Ann?
9. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
10. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the belief of predestination in Calvinist tradition and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Elijah and Sarah, as well as Elijah's role in The Kingdom of Matthias.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of religious cult readers and how they influence believers.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)