|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Scot spiritual leader?
2. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
3. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
4. What church did Matthews attend as a child?
5. When was Elijah born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Matthews eventually ban?
2. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
3. What did Matthews claim to be the Spirit of?
4. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
5. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
6. What about Matthews concerned the community?
7. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
8. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
9. How did Isabella describe Ann?
10. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Ann as "Mother of the Kingdom" and why this role was significant.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Elijah, Matthews, and Benjamin, examining the similarities and differences in their beliefs and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the missionary community in the 1800's and the significance it had on early American culture.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)