|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
2. What church did Matthews attend as a child?
3. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
4. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
5. What was Sarah diagnosed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
2. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
3. How did Matthias see the United States?
4. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
5. What debate raged over Matthews?
6. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
7. What did Matthews eventually ban?
8. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
9. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
10. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Matthews' ban of prayer and why he disagreed with traditional Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Kirtland, Joseph Smith, and Mormonism in The Kingdom of Matthias.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why The Kingdom dissolved and the significance of its dissolution.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)