Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Matthews do after abandoning his family?
2. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
3. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
4. What was Elijah's wife's name?
5. What did Kirtland predate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
2. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
3. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
4. Who was Isabella van Wagenen?
5. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
6. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
7. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
8. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
9. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
10. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of anti-Mason sentiment and the influence of masonry in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Matthews' relationships with his wife, Margaret and children and how it influenced him.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Finneyism, including its philosophy and role in the United States during the 1800's.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)