|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the sister church of the Retrenchment Society?
2. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
3. How did Matthews' coworkers deem him?
4. What part of Calvinism did Kirk rail against?
5. What did Joseph Smith found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
2. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
3. What did Matthews denounce?
4. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
5. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
6. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
7. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
8. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
9. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
10. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Sojourner Truth in the abolitionist movement and what influenced her to become involved.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Finneyism, including its philosophy and role in the United States during the 1800's.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Matthews' relationships with his wife, Margaret and children and how it influenced him.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)