|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
2. What did Matthews try to do to his coworkers?
3. When did Matthews' parents die?
4. What did the Retrenchment Society build according to "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
5. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
2. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
3. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
4. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
5. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
6. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
7. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
8. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
9. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
10. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why The Kingdom dissolved and the significance of its dissolution.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Sojourner Truth in the abolitionist movement and what influenced her to become involved.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the anti-Burgher Secession Church with Calvinism and Catholicism, examining the similarities and differences among the three churches.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)