|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
2. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
3. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
4. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
5. How many of his sons did Matthews lose to illness between 1816 and 1819?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
2. How did Matthias see the United States?
3. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
4. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
5. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
6. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
7. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
8. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
9. Who was Isabella van Wagenen?
10. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of religious cult readers and how they influence believers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Kirtland, Joseph Smith, and Mormonism in The Kingdom of Matthias.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of anti-Mason sentiment and the influence of masonry in the United States.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)