|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
2. Who did the Folgers partner with to publish the cruelty Matthews inflicted on its followers?
(a) William Leete Stone.
(b) Lee and Stone.
(c) Williams and Lee.
(d) Stone Williams.
3. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Small death.
(c) Big demons.
(d) Fitty devils.
4. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
(a) He tried to disoblige the Kingdom.
(b) He tried to take Ann as his wife.
(c) He tried to kill himself.
(d) He declared himself Father of the Kingdom.
5. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
(a) Isabella Laidell.
(b) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(c) Catherine Galloway.
(d) Ann Folger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
2. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
3. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. On what did Matthew blame Elijah's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
2. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
3. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
4. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
5. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
6. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
7. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
8. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
9. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
10. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)