|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
(a) Isabella Laisdell.
(b) Margaret Matthews.
(c) Ann Folger.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
2. What did Matthews represent for many people reading the press?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A dangerous husband.
(c) A dangerous religious fanatic.
(d) A dangerous polygamist.
3. What did Matthews say about women and the truth?
(a) Women can't tell what truth is.
(b) Women never hear the truth.
(c) Women distorted the truth.
(d) Women never tell the truth.
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
(a) The most far fetched she heard.
(b) The most fanatical she heard.
(c) The most rational she heard.
(d) The most outrageous she heard.
5. On what did Matthew blame Elijah's death?
(a) A suicide.
(c) His lack of submission.
(d) His lack of faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision did Matthews have about Ann Folger?
2. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
3. What name did God tell Isabella Van Wagenen to take?
4. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
5. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
2. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
3. Who was Ann Folger?
4. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
5. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
6. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
7. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
8. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
9. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
10. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)