|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elijah cut his allowance to Matthews?
(a) April 1839.
(b) April 1833.
(c) April 1831.
(d) April 1835.
2. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) Hies clothes.
(b) His beard.
(c) His eyebrows.
(d) His hands.
3. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He gave him money.
(b) He offered him a job.
(c) He beat him.
(d) He killed him.
4. What name did God tell Isabella Van Wagenen to take?
(a) Sojourner Truth.
(b) Maria Stewart.
(c) Harriet Tubman.
(d) Isabella Matthews.
5. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
(a) God and Sarah.
(b) His father-in-law.
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement did Isabella Van Wagenen join in New England?
2. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
3. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
4. When did Elijah die?
5. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
2. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
3. What about Matthews concerned the community?
4. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
5. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
6. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
7. Who was Ann Folger?
8. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
9. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
10. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)