|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
(a) Elijah's illegitimate daughter.
(b) Elijah's heirs.
(c) Elijah's sister.
(d) Elijah's brother.
2. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That the jury was hung.
(b) That Matthews would not be convicted.
(c) That Matthews would be convicted.
(d) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
3. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Fitty devils.
(c) Small death.
(d) Big demons.
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
(a) She gave birth to a baby girl.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She fled to England.
(d) She became a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
2. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
3. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
4. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
5. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What debate raged over Matthews?
2. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
3. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
4. What did Matthews eventually ban?
5. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
6. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
7. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
8. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
9. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
10. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)