|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Matthews' wife.
(b) Elijah's tomb.
(c) Benjamin's estate.
(d) Ann's daughter.
2. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That Matthews would be convicted.
(b) That Matthews would not be convicted.
(c) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
(d) That the jury was hung.
3. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
(a) Isabella Laisdell.
(b) Margaret Matthews.
(c) Robert Matthews.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
4. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
(a) A reverend.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A Church.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What was Benjamin forced to do with his wife Ann?
(a) Give her as a sacrifice.
(b) Give her to the community.
(c) Give her to Matthews.
(d) Give their relationship another try.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
2. Who came to Mount Zion and conned Matthews into shaving his beard?
3. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
4. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
5. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
2. What debate raged over Matthews?
3. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
5. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
6. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
7. What about Matthews concerned the community?
8. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
9. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
10. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)