|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
2. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
(a) A Church.
(b) A reverend.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A merchant.
3. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
(a) His wife.
(b) Elijah's son.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) Ann Folger.
4. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
(a) He tried to kill himself.
(b) He declared himself Father of the Kingdom.
(c) He tried to take Ann as his wife.
(d) He tried to disoblige the Kingdom.
5. Who followed Matthews to meet his estranged wife after Matthews was released from prison?
(a) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Matthews went alone.
(d) Isabella Laisdell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
2. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
3. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
4. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
5. Who wrote an account of the Kingdom with the help of Isabella Van Wagenen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
2. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
3. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
4. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
5. How did Isabella describe Ann?
6. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
7. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
8. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
9. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
10. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)