|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
(a) He died of an embolism.
(b) He died of a stroke.
(c) He died of heart failure.
(d) He died of natural causes.
2. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews was alive.
(b) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(c) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
(d) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
3. Who did Matthews version of the universe hold in the highest regard?
4. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
(a) She gave birth to a baby girl.
(b) She became a nun.
(c) She was killed.
(d) She fled to England.
5. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
(a) March 1835.
(b) March 1831.
(c) March 1834.
(d) March 1836.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
2. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
3. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
4. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
5. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
2. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
3. What did Matthews claim to be the Spirit of?
4. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
5. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
6. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
7. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
8. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
9. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
10. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)