|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Benjamin Folger spending most of his time after Matthews took control of his estate?
(a) New York.
2. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
(a) Ann Folger.
(b) Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
3. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
(a) Nelson Wills.
(b) William Nelson.
(c) Nelson Michaels.
(d) William Michaels.
4. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
(a) Marks and Walton.
(b) Western and Hill.
(c) Kevin and Bavin.
(d) Walton and Western.
5. Who wrote an account of the Kingdom with the help of Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) Vane Gils.
(b) Gilbert Vane.
(c) Vale Simmons.
(d) Gilbert Vale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
2. Who was Matthews' servant after his release from the mental hospital?
3. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
2. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
3. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
4. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
5. What debate raged over Matthews?
6. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
7. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
8. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
9. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
10. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)