|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elijah depressed about?
(a) He never found a match spirit.
(b) He never became a prophet.
(c) He never raised Sarah from the dead.
(d) He never left New York.
2. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah was stubborn.
(b) Elijah was greedy.
(c) Elijah was able to be influenced.
(d) Elijah wanted to preach.
3. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
(a) Benjamin Folger.
(b) The lawyers Matthews hired.
(c) The district attorney.
(d) The newspaper.
4. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
5. When did Elijah cut his allowance to Matthews?
(a) April 1839.
(b) April 1835.
(c) April 1831.
(d) April 1833.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter from Isabella Laisdell to the judge say?
2. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
3. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
4. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
5. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
2. What did Matthews claim to be the Spirit of?
3. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
5. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
6. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
7. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
8. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
9. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
10. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)