|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews say about women and the truth?
(a) Women never hear the truth.
(b) Women can't tell what truth is.
(c) Women never tell the truth.
(d) Women distorted the truth.
2. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
(a) A silver chalice.
(b) His copper cup.
(c) A wooden cup.
(d) A glass cup.
3. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
(a) A lottery.
4. Who became a successful merchant after his release?
(a) Sylvan Mills.
(b) Benjamin Folger.
(c) Sylvester Mills.
5. What was the majority of people convinced of after Elijah 's death?
(a) Something criminal had happened to him.
(b) His death was from natural causes.
(c) It was prophesied.
(d) It was a conspiracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
2. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
3. Who did Matthews take residence with after meeting Elijah?
4. Who testified for the prosecution?
5. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
2. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
3. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
4. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
5. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
6. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
7. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
8. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
9. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
10. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)