|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah was able to be influenced.
(b) Elijah was greedy.
(c) Elijah wanted to preach.
(d) Elijah was stubborn.
2. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
(a) Ann Folger.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Elijah's son.
(d) His wife.
3. When did Isabella Van Wagenen join Elijah's household?
4. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) Benjamin Folger.
(d) The lawyers Matthews hired.
5. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He gave him money.
(b) He offered him a job.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He beat him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
2. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
3. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
4. Which of Elijah's beliefs did Matthews totally discard?
5. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
2. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
3. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
4. What about Matthews concerned the community?
5. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
6. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
7. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
8. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
9. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
10. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)