|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) His beard.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) Hies clothes.
(d) His hands.
2. What cult leaders does Paul Johnson tie Matthews to?
(a) Guy Ballard.
(b) Jim Jones and David Koresh.
(c) Charles Filmore.
(d) Ron Hubbard.
3. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
(a) He conspired with Isabella.
(b) He was paid to kill Elijah.
(c) He didn't do anything wrong.
(d) He was instructed by God.
4. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
(a) Elijah's own will.
(b) The devil.
(c) God's own will.
(d) Matthews' own will.
5. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
2. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
3. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
2. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
3. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
4. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
5. What debate raged over Matthews?
6. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
7. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
8. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
9. Who was Ann Folger?
10. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)