|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
(a) Tear the prosecution apart.
(b) Rebut every piece of evidence.
(c) Tear the witnesses apart.
(d) Attack the prosecution in the paper.
2. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
(b) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(c) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
(d) That Matthews was alive.
3. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
4. What did Ann make for Matthews according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
(b) A portrait.
(c) A crown.
(d) A cross.
5. What did Isabella Van Wagenen do when Matthews left New York?
(a) She stayed behind.
(b) She went south.
(c) She went into hiding.
(d) She started a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
2. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
3. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
4. When did Elijah die?
5. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
2. What did Matthews claim to be the Spirit of?
3. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
4. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
5. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
6. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
7. What did Isabella Laisdell swear when she appeared on the stand?
8. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
9. What about Matthews concerned the community?
10. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)