|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
(a) The Simmons.
(b) The Tomsons.
(c) The Rhompsons.
(d) The Thompsons.
2. What movement did Isabella Van Wagenen join in New England?
(a) The anti-abortionist.
(b) The abolitionist.
(c) The suffrage movement.
(d) The prohibitionist.
3. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) He was poor.
(b) Matthews was Jesus.
(c) Matthews was a fraud.
(d) His wife was an infidel.
4. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Elijah's tomb.
(b) Matthews' wife.
(c) Benjamin's estate.
(d) Ann's daughter.
5. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
(a) Tear the witnesses apart.
(b) Attack the prosecution in the paper.
(c) Tear the prosecution apart.
(d) Rebut every piece of evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
2. What did the letter from Isabella Laisdell to the judge say?
3. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
4. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
5. What did Margaret announce to Matthews during the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
2. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
3. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
4. What did Matthews eventually ban?
5. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
6. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
7. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
8. What tradition continues to the present day according to Paul E. Johnson?
9. What debate raged over Matthews?
10. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)