|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Robert Matthews.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Margaret Matthews.
2. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Heartt Place.
(b) Mount Princeton.
(c) Retrenchment Society.
(d) Mount of the Heartt.
3. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
(a) It was not needed.
(b) It was too light.
(c) It was too hard.
(d) No-one was outraged.
4. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) His wife was an infidel.
(b) Matthews was Jesus.
(c) Matthews was a fraud.
(d) He was poor.
5. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
(a) His and Elijah's business and reputations.
(b) His friendship with Elijah.
(c) His old church.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
2. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
3. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
4. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
5. When did Elijah cut his allowance to Matthews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What debate raged over Matthews?
2. How did Isabella describe Ann?
3. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
5. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
6. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
7. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
8. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
9. How did Matthews commission Elijah according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
10. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)