|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became a successful merchant after his release?
(a) Sylvester Mills.
(b) Benjamin Folger.
(c) Sylvan Mills.
2. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
3. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(a) Plantation owners.
(c) Shop keepers.
4. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) His hands.
(b) Hies clothes.
(c) His beard.
(d) His eyebrows.
5. What did the letter from Isabella Laisdell to the judge say?
(a) That she wanted a restraining order against her father.
(b) That she wanted her father prosecuted.
(c) That she forgave her father for beating her.
(d) That she wanted her father to forgive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
2. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
3. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
4. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
5. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
2. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
3. What happened to Benjamin and Ann Folger after the trial?
4. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
5. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
6. What did Isabella Van Wagenen change her name to and what did she become?
7. Why did the Thompsons join the Kingdom and then leave shortly after?
8. Why was Benjamin oblivious to the courtship between Ann and Matthews?
9. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
10. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)