|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Margaret announce to Matthews during the trial?
(a) She wanted him dead.
(b) She had an affair with Benjamin.
(c) She was already remarried.
(d) She wanted a divorce.
2. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
(a) He was instructed by God.
(b) He didn't do anything wrong.
(c) He conspired with Isabella.
(d) He was paid to kill Elijah.
3. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Fitty devils.
(c) Small death.
(d) Big demons.
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen do when Matthews left New York?
(a) She went south.
(b) She went into hiding.
(c) She started a church.
(d) She stayed behind.
5. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) Hies clothes.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) His beard.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
2. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
3. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
4. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
5. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did prosecutors abandon the fraud case against Matthews?
2. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
3. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What physical decline did Elijah suffer from?
5. Where was Matthews reportedly seen after his time at Kirtland?
6. What did the judge decide regarding the charges and what happened to Matthews?
7. Who was Charles and what did he tell anyone who would listen?
8. What did Matthews claim he became a victim of in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
9. What was not revealed during the testimonies for the prosecution?
10. What debate raged over Matthews?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)