|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
(a) Those afraid of change.
2. When did Matthews beat a woman according to historical evidences?
3. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
(b) Nova Scot.
4. When did Elijah open a mercantile firm on Pearl Street?
5. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
(a) The Truth Church movement.
(b) The Free Church movement.
(c) The First Congregational church.
(d) The First Church movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
2. When was Robert Matthews born according to "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
4. When did Matthews knock on Elijah's door?
5. What was Elijah known for being according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
2. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
3. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
4. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
5. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
6. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
7. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
8. Why did Matthews resent Edward Kirk and Finneyites?
9. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
10. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)