|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kirtland predate?
(c) New York.
2. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
(a) A Finneyite.
(b) A Mormon.
(c) A Unionist.
(d) A Catholic.
3. What did Sarah's death spark in Elijah?
(a) His death wish.
(b) His madness.
(c) A business idea.
(d) His love of Christ.
4. What happened when the congregation Kirk was working at found out he was an adherent to Finneyism?
(a) He was given his own church.
(b) He was relocated.
(c) He was given a promotion.
(d) He was fired.
5. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) That progressivism was evil.
(b) That he wanted to found a new state.
(c) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
(d) That he knew who he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "Prologue" state about those who opposed the middle class' evangelical reformist movement?
2. When was Robert Matthews born according to "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
4. Who sat in the front of a Calvinist church in the early 1800's?
5. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
2. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. What debate raged over Matthews?
4. What did Benjamin agree to regarding Ann as "Mother"?
5. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
6. How did Isabella describe Ann?
7. Why did Matthews resent Edward Kirk and Finneyites?
8. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
9. What did Matthews predict in 1851?
10. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)