|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
(a) It was oppressive to women.
(b) It was good for women.
(c) It was supportive of slavery.
(d) It was equitable.
2. When was Elijah born?
3. Why did Elijah leave his childhood town?
(a) Train as a physician.
(b) Train as a journalist.
(c) Train as a banker.
(d) Train as a clerk.
4. When did Matthews abandon his family?
5. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
(a) The Long Time.
(b) The Second Great Awakening.
(c) The Second Coming.
(d) The Evangelist's Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
2. What prompted Albany's commercial revolution when Matthews tried his luck there?
3. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
4. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
5. When did Matthews knock on Elijah's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
2. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
3. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
4. What happened to Matthews' family while they were in Albany?
5. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
6. Who did Elijah meet?
7. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
8. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
9. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
10. What did Matthews denounce?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)