|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
2. How long did Elijah pray at Sarah's funeral?
(a) 12 hour.
(b) 6 hour.
(c) 2 hour.
(d) 1 hour.
3. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
(a) They both spent time in prison.
(b) They were both murderers.
(c) They were equally notorious.
(d) They were unknown.
4. When did Matthews' parents die?
5. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
(c) Nova Scot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
2. What did Elijah hear God call him?
3. Who invited Kirk to Albany?
4. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
5. What did Kirtland predate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Matthews resent Edward Kirk and Finneyites?
2. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
3. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
4. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
5. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
6. Who did Elijah meet?
7. What did Matthews denounce?
8. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
9. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
10. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)