|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
(a) John Steinbrenner.
(b) Martha Kirk.
(c) Benjamin Globle.
(d) Robert Matthews.
2. What was the name of Elijah's servant?
3. What did Sarah's death spark in Elijah?
(a) His love of Christ.
(b) A business idea.
(c) His madness.
(d) His death wish.
4. How many children did Matthews and Margaret eventually have?
5. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
(a) Matthews was not a good leader.
(b) Matthews was unreliable.
(c) Matthews was trouble.
(d) Matthews would be a bad influence
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
2. What did Kirtland predate?
3. What part of New York did Elijah and Sarah help prostitutes at?
4. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
5. When did Matthews beat a woman according to historical evidences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
2. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
3. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
4. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
5. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
6. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
7. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
8. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
9. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
10. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)