|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews do after failing to convince his wife to follow him?
(a) He took his daughter.
(b) He took his 3 sons.
(c) He held her hostage.
(d) He went to a hospital.
2. What did Elijah say he would do during Sarah's funeral?
(a) Raise her from the dead.
(b) Make her smile.
(c) Bury her himself.
(d) Make her disappear.
3. When did Elijah open a mercantile firm on Pearl Street?
4. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
(a) Matthews was not a good leader.
(b) Matthews would be a bad influence
(c) Matthews was unreliable.
(d) Matthews was trouble.
5. What Jew influenced Matthews after he returned to New York?
(a) Mordecai Manuel Noah.
(b) Rabbi Adelstine.
(c) Mordecai Maidanik.
(d) Mordecai Aaronson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
2. Who claimed to have spoken to God since childhood?
3. What does the "Prologue" state about those who opposed the middle class' evangelical reformist movement?
4. Why was Matthews released after being arrested for domestic abuse?
5. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Elijah meet?
2. What did Matthews denounce?
3. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
4. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
5. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
6. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
7. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
8. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
9. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
10. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)