|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sarah's death spark in Elijah?
(a) A business idea.
(b) His love of Christ.
(c) His death wish.
(d) His madness.
2. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
(a) The Female Asylum Society.
(b) The Female Safe House.
(c) The Second Chance Society.
(d) The Female Assistance Society.
3. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
(a) They were equally notorious.
(b) They both spent time in prison.
(c) They were unknown.
(d) They were both murderers.
4. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
(a) The First Church movement.
(b) The First Congregational church.
(c) The Truth Church movement.
(d) The Free Church movement.
5. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
(a) Those afraid of change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
2. How long did Elijah pray at Sarah's funeral?
3. Who claimed to have spoken to God since childhood?
4. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
5. What part of New York did Elijah and Sarah help prostitutes at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
2. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
3. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
4. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
5. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
6. How did Matthias see the United States?
7. Who was Isabella van Wagenen?
8. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
9. What did Matthews denounce?
10. What did Kirk establish after his dismissal?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)