|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
(a) That he wanted him to stay.
(b) That he was dangerous.
(c) That he was Matthews.
(d) That his beliefs reflected his own.
2. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
3. What was the name of Matthews' brother, the painter?
(a) J.M.D. Matthews.
(b) J.K. Mathis.
(c) J.L.D Mathies.
(d) J.K.D. Mathas.
4. Who invited Kirk to Albany?
(a) Reverend James Chester.
(b) Reverend Michael Jensen.
(c) Reverend John Corso.
(d) Reverend Jim Johnson.
5. What did Elijah say he would do during Sarah's funeral?
(a) Make her disappear.
(b) Raise her from the dead.
(c) Make her smile.
(d) Bury her himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of his sons did Matthews lose to illness between 1816 and 1819?
2. What was perceived as the enemy by sects forming in the 1820's to the 1840's?
3. What was Elijah's wife's name?
4. When did Matthews stop shaving?
5. What was Matthews' convinced of after God told him to stop shaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
2. Who did Elijah meet?
3. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
4. What did Kirk establish after his dismissal?
5. Who was Isabella van Wagenen?
6. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
7. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
8. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
9. How did Matthias see the United States?
10. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)