|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joseph Smith found?
2. What was Matthews' convinced of after God told him to stop shaving?
(a) He must save his family from God's wrath.
(b) He must save prostitutes.
(c) He must become like sinners.
(d) He must become a street preacher.
3. When did Matthews leave the farm to live with a carpenter?
4. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
(a) Give him power over the United States.
(b) Make him forget Sarah.
(c) Make him king of the world.
(d) Return Sarah to him.
5. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
(a) They both spent time in prison.
(b) They were both murderers.
(c) They were unknown.
(d) They were equally notorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
2. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
3. When did Matthews stop shaving?
4. What did Kirtland predate?
5. What religious upbringing did Elijah have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Matthews resent Edward Kirk and Finneyites?
2. How did Matthias see the United States?
3. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
4. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
5. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
6. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
7. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
8. What did Kirk establish after his dismissal?
9. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
10. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)