|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joseph Smith found?
2. What did Elijah's servant claim to have seen at Elijah's home?
3. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
4. When did Matthews knock on Elijah's door?
(a) May 5, 1832.
(b) May 15, 1832.
(c) June 5, 1832.
(d) May 5, 1833.
5. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
(b) That progressivism was evil.
(c) That he wanted to found a new state.
(d) That he knew who he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
2. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
3. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
4. When did Matthews abandon his family?
5. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
2. What did Kirk establish after his dismissal?
3. What did Matthews denounce?
4. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
5. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
6. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
7. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
8. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
9. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
10. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)