|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Sarah fall ill?
(a) June 1829.
(b) May 1830.
(c) June 1832.
(d) June 1830.
2. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
(a) The elders.
3. What congregation did Kirk work at when he first arrived in Albany?
(a) Third Presbyterian Church.
(b) First Presbyterian Church.
(c) Second Presbyterian Church.
(d) Sixth Presbyterian Church.
4. What does the "Prologue" state about those who opposed the middle class' evangelical reformist movement?
(a) They were rich.
(b) They were dangerous.
(c) They were poor and less educated.
(d) They were in power.
5. When did Matthews abandon his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement lead to for men and women?
2. When did Matthews knock on Elijah's door?
3. When did Matthews beat a woman according to historical evidences?
4. When was Elijah born?
5. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
2. Who did Elijah meet?
3. What suit did Isabella Van Wagenen successfully conclude?
4. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
5. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
6. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
7. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
8. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
9. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
10. What did Matthews denounce?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)