|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
2. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
3. What was the name of Matthews' brother, the painter?
(a) J.M.D. Matthews.
(b) J.K.D. Mathas.
(c) J.L.D Mathies.
(d) J.K. Mathis.
4. What did Elijah hear God call him?
(a) Saint Elijah.
(b) Prophet Elijah of Tishbe.
(c) Jesus reincarnate.
(d) Prophet Elijah of New york.
5. What was Elijah's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
2. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
3. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
4. What did Matthews do after abandoning his family?
5. What did Joseph Smith found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
2. What did Matthews denounce?
3. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
4. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
5. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
6. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
7. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
8. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
9. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
10. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)