Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews do after abandoning his family?
(a) He went to western New York State.
(b) He went to the asylum.
(c) He went to Utah.
(d) He went to Kirtland.
2. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
(d) Nova Scot.
3. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
4. What was Elijah's wife's name?
5. What did Kirtland predate?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Matthews come to resent after his release from prison?
2. What did Elijah say he would do during Sarah's funeral?
3. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
4. When did Matthews stop shaving?
5. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Isabella come to resent Ann?
2. What did Catherine confess a vision confirmed in "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
3. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
4. Who was Isabella van Wagenen?
5. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
6. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
7. What happened in Isabella Van Wagenen's life from 1797 to 1827 according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
8. What did Elijah do in 1820 and why was this significant?
9. What did Matthews turn Mount Zion into?
10. What did Charles obtain and what happened to Isabella and Benjamin as a result?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)