|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Elijah's servant?
2. How long did Elijah pray at Sarah's funeral?
(a) 6 hour.
(b) 2 hour.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 12 hour.
3. Who did Matthews come to resent after his release from prison?
(b) Margaret and the Finneyites.
(c) Kirk and the Finneyites.
4. How many of his sons did Matthews lose to illness between 1816 and 1819?
5. What mission did Kirk set for himself after rejecting Matthews's request to join his church?
(a) To save Matthews.
(b) To teach Matthews the path of right living.
(c) To teach Matthews the Commandments.
(d) To save Matthews' wife and children from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What congregation did Kirk work at when he first arrived in Albany?
2. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement lead to for men and women?
3. What was Sarah's maiden name?
4. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
5. What did Matthews and Joseph Smith advocate for society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
2. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
3. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
4. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
5. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
6. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
7. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
8. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
9. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
10. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)