|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was perceived as the enemy by sects forming in the 1820's to the 1840's?
(a) The Yankee middle class.
(b) The Government.
(d) The Atheists.
2. What was Matthews' convinced of after God told him to stop shaving?
(a) He must save prostitutes.
(b) He must become like sinners.
(c) He must become a street preacher.
(d) He must save his family from God's wrath.
3. When was Robert Matthews born according to "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
(a) The Second Great Awakening.
(b) The Long Time.
(c) The Second Coming.
(d) The Evangelist's Time.
5. What religious upbringing did Elijah have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
2. When did Sarah die?
3. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
4. When did Kirk arrive in Albany according to "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7"?
5. What did Elijah hear God call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
2. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
3. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
4. Who did Elijah meet?
5. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
6. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
7. What did Matthews denounce?
8. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
9. How did Matthias see the United States?
10. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)