|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Scot spiritual leader?
(a) Reverend Smith.
(b) Reverend Mr. Beveridge.
(c) Reverend Mac Leod.
(d) Reverend Mc Kulen.
2. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
(a) It was supportive of slavery.
(b) It was oppressive to women.
(c) It was good for women.
(d) It was equitable.
3. What was the name of Matthews' brother, the painter?
(a) J.L.D Mathies.
(b) J.K.D. Mathas.
(c) J.M.D. Matthews.
(d) J.K. Mathis.
4. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
5. When did Matthews leave the farm to live with a carpenter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of New York did Elijah and Sarah help prostitutes at?
2. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
3. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
4. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
5. Why did Elijah leave his childhood town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
2. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
3. What happened to Matthews' family and Matthews in 1795?
4. What did Kirk establish after his dismissal?
5. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
6. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
7. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
8. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
9. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
10. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)