|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church did Matthews find inspiring after losing his sons?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The Pentecostal Church.
(c) The African Methodist Church.
(d) The Mormon Church.
2. What was the name of Elijah's servant?
3. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
4. What was Sarah's maiden name?
5. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) A Mormon settlement.
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joseph Smith found?
2. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
3. When was Robert Matthews born according to "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What did Elijah think his purpose was after hearing God's voice?
5. What was Elijah's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Matthews resent Edward Kirk and Finneyites?
2. Why did penny press editors complain according to the "Epilogue"?
3. Who was surprised that Robert was alive?
4. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
5. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
6. Who was Ann Folger?
7. What did Matthews eventually ban?
8. How did Joseph Smith feel about Matthias and what did he do after a sermon?
9. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
10. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)