|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed to have spoken to God since childhood?
(a) Ann Goll.
(b) Margaret Matthews.
(c) Isabella Van Wagenen.
2. What did Elijah hear God call him?
(a) Prophet Elijah of Tishbe.
(b) Prophet Elijah of New york.
(c) Saint Elijah.
(d) Jesus reincarnate.
3. What happened when the congregation Kirk was working at found out he was an adherent to Finneyism?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He was given a promotion.
(c) He was relocated.
(d) He was given his own church.
4. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
(a) The Third Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Second Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Fourth Presbyterian Church.
(d) The First Presbyterian Church.
5. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
(a) A Catholic.
(b) A Mormon.
(c) A Unionist.
(d) A Finneyite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah's servant claim to have seen at Elijah's home?
2. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
3. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
4. What did Kirtland predate?
5. When did Matthews' parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
2. How did Matthias see the United States?
3. What was Prophet Matthias being tried for according to the "Prologue"?
4. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
5. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
6. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
7. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
8. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
9. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
10. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)