|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elijah say he would do during Sarah's funeral?
(a) Bury her himself.
(b) Make her disappear.
(c) Make her smile.
(d) Raise her from the dead.
2. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
(a) The Second Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Third Presbyterian Church.
(c) The First Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Fourth Presbyterian Church.
3. When did Sarah die?
(a) June 29, 1830.
(b) June 2, 1830.
(c) June 29, 1832.
(d) May 29, 1830.
4. What was Elijah's wife's name?
5. Who sat in the front of a Calvinist church in the early 1800's?
(a) Those who donated the most.
(b) The poor.
(d) The merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Matthews' parents die?
2. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
3. When was Elijah born?
4. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
5. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kirtland and what did it predate?
2. Why did Matthias strike a chord with some Americans?
3. Who did Elijah meet?
4. How did Matthias see the United States?
5. What did Elijah volunteer to become in 1819?
6. Who was Reverend Abraham Pierson and what was he instrumental?
7. What happened at the end of June, 1830?
8. Who was Isabella van Wagenen?
9. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
10. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)