|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Matthews beat a woman according to historical evidences?
2. What was the name of the sister church of the Retrenchment Society?
(a) The Second Free Presbyterian of New York.
(b) The First Free Presbyterian of Albany.
(c) The First Free Calvinist of New York.
(d) The First Free Presbyterian of New York.
3. What prompted Albany's commercial revolution when Matthews tried his luck there?
(a) The mercantile.
(b) The new Erie Canal.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) The new Albany.
4. When did Matthews leave the farm to live with a carpenter?
5. What was the name of the Scot spiritual leader?
(a) Reverend Smith.
(b) Reverend Mr. Beveridge.
(c) Reverend Mc Kulen.
(d) Reverend Mac Leod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
2. What did Joseph Smith found?
3. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
4. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
5. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
2. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. How did Matthews' life take a turn for the worse around 1816?
4. What did Matthews denounce?
5. Who was Elijah Pierson according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
6. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
7. How were the Calvinist social ranks exhibited?
8. Who were the Finneyites and what did they denounce?
9. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
10. Why was Matthews interred in an asylum for two weeks?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)