|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
(a) The elders.
2. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
(a) That he was Matthews.
(b) That his beliefs reflected his own.
(c) That he was dangerous.
(d) That he wanted him to stay.
3. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
(b) That he wanted to found a new state.
(c) That he knew who he was.
(d) That progressivism was evil.
4. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
5. When did Kirk arrive in Albany according to "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah do after quitting his job?
2. What part of New York did Elijah and Sarah help prostitutes at?
3. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
4. What mission did Kirk set for himself after rejecting Matthews's request to join his church?
5. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mission did Elijah and Sarah undertake in "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
2. What did Kirk establish after his dismissal?
3. What happened in Sarah's life in mid-June 1830?
4. What did God and Jesus promise to Elijah?
5. What did the Anti-Burgher Secession Church stress and de-emphasize?
6. Who was Robert Matthews in "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
7. What was the Anti-Burgher Secession Church?
8. Why was Matthews' formal request to join Kirks' church denied?
9. What became clear by the latter half of 1830?
10. In "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7," where did Kirk arrive in 1828 and what post was he dismissed from?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)