|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
2. When did Elijah die?
(a) August 5, 1834.
(b) June 5, 1834.
(c) August 15, 1834.
(d) August 5, 1835.
3. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
(a) It was not needed.
(b) It was too hard.
(c) It was too light.
(d) No-one was outraged.
4. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
(a) A reverend.
(b) A Church.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That Matthews would not be convicted.
(b) That the jury was hung.
(c) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
(d) That Matthews would be convicted.
6. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) He was poor.
(b) His wife was an infidel.
(c) Matthews was a fraud.
(d) Matthews was Jesus.
7. What did the letter from Isabella Laisdell to the judge say?
(a) That she wanted her father prosecuted.
(b) That she wanted a restraining order against her father.
(c) That she forgave her father for beating her.
(d) That she wanted her father to forgive her.
8. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
(a) Western and Hill.
(b) Marks and Walton.
(c) Kevin and Bavin.
(d) Walton and Western.
9. What movement did Isabella Van Wagenen join in New England?
(a) The anti-abortionist.
(b) The prohibitionist.
(c) The abolitionist.
(d) The suffrage movement.
10. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
(a) Ann Folger.
(c) The Frist Presbyterian Church.
11. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Benjamin's estate.
(b) Elijah's tomb.
(c) Matthews' wife.
(d) Ann's daughter.
12. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
13. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
(a) He went to a judge.
(b) He went to the police.
(c) He went to Margaret.
(d) He went to the asylum.
14. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Fitty devils.
(c) Small death.
(d) Big demons.
15. What vision did Matthews have about Ann Folger?
(a) He saw her as the Mother of the Kingdom.
(b) He saw her as a sister.
(c) He saw her as a saint.
(d) He saw her as the next prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
2. Which of Elijah's beliefs did Matthews totally discard?
3. What was the majority of people convinced of after Elijah 's death?
4. What was Benjamin forced to do with his wife Ann?
5. Who wrote an account of the Kingdom with the help of Isabella Van Wagenen?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)