|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
(a) March 1834.
(b) March 1835.
(c) March 1836.
(d) March 1831.
2. Who wrote an account of the Kingdom with the help of Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) Gilbert Vane.
(b) Vale Simmons.
(c) Gilbert Vale.
(d) Vane Gils.
3. What did Margaret announce to Matthews during the trial?
(a) She wanted a divorce.
(b) She had an affair with Benjamin.
(c) She was already remarried.
(d) She wanted him dead.
4. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
(a) Andrea Mills.
(b) Solomon Mills.
(c) Sarah Mill.
(d) Levi Andrew Mills.
5. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
(a) A Church.
(b) A reverend.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A merchant.
6. When did Isabella Van Wagenen join Elijah's household?
7. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
(a) It was not needed.
(b) It was too hard.
(c) It was too light.
(d) No-one was outraged.
8. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(b) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(d) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
9. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Elijah's tomb.
(b) Matthews' wife.
(c) Ann's daughter.
(d) Benjamin's estate.
10. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
(a) Biblical references.
(b) The newspaper.
(d) His visions.
11. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
12. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
(a) He was paid to kill Elijah.
(b) He didn't do anything wrong.
(c) He conspired with Isabella.
(d) He was instructed by God.
13. What did Benjamin and Ann do to defend their reputations?
(a) They wrote a book explaining their side of the story.
(b) They claimed they were coerced.
(c) They went to counseling.
(d) They paid the newspaper to have an article.
14. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That Matthews would be convicted.
(b) That the jury was hung.
(c) That Matthews would not be convicted.
(d) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
15. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
(a) The Rhompsons.
(b) The Simmons.
(c) The Thompsons.
(d) The Tomsons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
2. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
3. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
4. Who was Matthews' servant after his release from the mental hospital?
5. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)