|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
(a) By giving him blueberries.
(b) By replacing his medicine.
(c) By giving him tainted blackberries.
(d) By giving him tainted alcohol.
2. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
3. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Biblical references.
(d) His visions.
4. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
5. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
(a) Elijah's heir.
6. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
7. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
(a) Benjamin was a better provider.
(b) Benjamin loved her more.
(c) Benjamin was a better friend.
(d) Benjamin was a better lover.
8. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah was stubborn.
(b) Elijah was greedy.
(c) Elijah wanted to preach.
(d) Elijah was able to be influenced.
9. What did Matthews represent for many people reading the press?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A dangerous husband.
(c) A dangerous religious fanatic.
(d) A dangerous polygamist.
10. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(b) Shop keepers.
(d) Plantation owners.
11. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
(a) Penny press.
(b) Dime press.
(c) Quarter press.
(d) Nickel press.
12. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
(a) He went to the police.
(b) He went to a judge.
(c) He went to Margaret.
(d) He went to the asylum.
13. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She was a devil.
(b) She was a fraud.
(c) She was a saint.
(d) She deserved Matthews.
14. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
(a) He died of natural causes.
(b) He died of heart failure.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He died of an embolism.
15. Who was Matthews' servant after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Ann Folger.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Isabella Van Wagenen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
2. Who did Benjamin marry after returning from meeting Margaret Matthews?
3. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
4. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
5. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)