|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
(a) 100 dollars a year.
(b) 1 dollar a year.
(c) 1000 dollars a year.
(d) 10 dollars a year.
2. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
(a) March 1836.
(b) March 1835.
(c) March 1834.
(d) March 1831.
3. Who testified for the prosecution?
(a) Ann Folger and Benjamin Folger.
(b) Catherine Golloway and Benjamin Folger.
(c) Isabella Van Wegenen and Catherine Galloway.
(d) Ann Folger and Catherine Galloway.
4. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
(a) Benjamin Folger.
(b) Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Catherine Galloway.
(d) Margaret Matthews.
5. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
6. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
(a) Walton and Western.
(b) Marks and Walton.
(c) Western and Hill.
(d) Kevin and Bavin.
7. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
(a) Quarter press.
(b) Dime press.
(c) Nickel press.
(d) Penny press.
8. Who calmed Benjamin into submission after a fight with Matthews?
9. Which of Elijah's beliefs did Matthews totally discard?
(b) Men being in charge.
(c) Sanctity of marriage.
10. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
11. When did Isabella Van Wagenen join Elijah's household?
12. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
(d) A lottery.
13. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She was a devil.
(b) She was a fraud.
(c) She deserved Matthews.
(d) She was a saint.
14. Who did the Folgers partner with to publish the cruelty Matthews inflicted on its followers?
(a) Williams and Lee.
(b) William Leete Stone.
(c) Lee and Stone.
(d) Stone Williams.
15. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
(b) The newspaper.
(c) His visions.
(d) Biblical references.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
2. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
3. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
4. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
5. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)