|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
(a) Biblical references.
(b) The newspaper.
(d) His visions.
2. Who did Benjamin marry after returning from meeting Margaret Matthews?
(a) Isabella Lamons.
(b) Isabella Lismond.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
3. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Small death.
(c) Fitty devils.
(d) Big demons.
4. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
(a) The Simmons.
(b) The Thompsons.
(c) The Rhompsons.
(d) The Tomsons.
5. Who did Matthews version of the universe hold in the highest regard?
6. What movement did Isabella Van Wagenen join in New England?
(a) The prohibitionist.
(b) The abolitionist.
(c) The anti-abortionist.
(d) The suffrage movement.
7. What did the letter from Isabella Laisdell to the judge say?
(a) That she forgave her father for beating her.
(b) That she wanted her father to forgive her.
(c) That she wanted her father prosecuted.
(d) That she wanted a restraining order against her father.
8. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
(a) Sylvester Mills.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Benjamin and Ann Folger.
(d) Margaret Matthews.
9. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
10. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
11. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
(a) A glass cup.
(b) His copper cup.
(c) A silver chalice.
(d) A wooden cup.
12. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(b) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(c) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
13. What did Matthews say about women and the truth?
(a) Women distorted the truth.
(b) Women never hear the truth.
(c) Women can't tell what truth is.
(d) Women never tell the truth.
14. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
(a) Elijah's heir.
15. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah was stubborn.
(b) Elijah wanted to preach.
(c) Elijah was greedy.
(d) Elijah was able to be influenced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
2. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
3. Who came to Mount Zion and conned Matthews into shaving his beard?
4. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
5. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)