|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She gave birth to a baby girl.
(c) She became a nun.
(d) She fled to England.
2. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
(a) 10 dollars a year.
(b) 1 dollar a year.
(c) 1000 dollars a year.
(d) 100 dollars a year.
4. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
(a) His visions.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Biblical references.
5. What cult leaders does Paul Johnson tie Matthews to?
(a) Guy Ballard.
(b) Ron Hubbard.
(c) Charles Filmore.
(d) Jim Jones and David Koresh.
6. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Small death.
(b) Big demons.
(c) Little lives.
(d) Fitty devils.
7. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 months.
8. What did Isabella Van Wagenen become convinced of about Matthews?
(a) Of his teachings.
(b) Of his prophethood.
(c) Of his sainthood.
(d) Of his desire.
9. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
10. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
11. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
(a) The Rhompsons.
(b) The Tomsons.
(c) The Thompsons.
(d) The Simmons.
12. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
(a) He died of a stroke.
(b) He died of heart failure.
(c) He died of natural causes.
(d) He died of an embolism.
13. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Heartt Place.
(b) Mount Princeton.
(c) Mount of the Heartt.
(d) Retrenchment Society.
14. Which of Elijah's beliefs did Matthews totally discard?
(a) Sanctity of marriage.
(b) Men being in charge.
15. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
(a) William Michaels.
(b) Nelson Wills.
(c) Nelson Michaels.
(d) William Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
2. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
3. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
4. Why was the charge of fraud dropped?
5. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)