|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cult leaders does Paul Johnson tie Matthews to?
(a) Guy Ballard.
(b) Charles Filmore.
(c) Jim Jones and David Koresh.
(d) Ron Hubbard.
2. What was Elijah depressed about?
(a) He never found a match spirit.
(b) He never left New York.
(c) He never raised Sarah from the dead.
(d) He never became a prophet.
3. What did Isabella Van Wagenen do when Matthews left New York?
(a) She went south.
(b) She went into hiding.
(c) She stayed behind.
(d) She started a church.
4. What did Margaret announce to Matthews during the trial?
(a) She wanted him dead.
(b) She wanted a divorce.
(c) She had an affair with Benjamin.
(d) She was already remarried.
5. What did the letter from Isabella Laisdell to the judge say?
(a) That she wanted her father to forgive her.
(b) That she wanted a restraining order against her father.
(c) That she forgave her father for beating her.
(d) That she wanted her father prosecuted.
6. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
7. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
(a) Isabella Laisdell.
(b) Robert Matthews.
(c) Margaret Matthews.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
8. What vision did Matthews have about Ann Folger?
(a) He saw her as the Mother of the Kingdom.
(b) He saw her as the next prophet.
(c) He saw her as a saint.
(d) He saw her as a sister.
9. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
(a) Nelson Michaels.
(b) William Michaels.
(c) Nelson Wills.
(d) William Nelson.
10. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
(b) That Matthews was alive.
(c) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(d) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
11. Who did Matthews take residence with after meeting Elijah?
(a) Sarah Mill.
(b) Andrea Mills.
(c) Solomon Mill.
(d) Sylvester Mills.
12. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
(a) Kevin and Bavin.
(b) Walton and Western.
(c) Marks and Walton.
(d) Western and Hill.
13. Who testified for the prosecution?
(a) Isabella Van Wegenen and Catherine Galloway.
(b) Ann Folger and Catherine Galloway.
(c) Ann Folger and Benjamin Folger.
(d) Catherine Golloway and Benjamin Folger.
14. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
(b) Ann Folger.
(c) The Frist Presbyterian Church.
15. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) Benjamin Folger.
(d) The lawyers Matthews hired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
2. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
3. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
4. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
5. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)