|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
(a) It was too hard.
(b) It was not needed.
(c) It was too light.
(d) No-one was outraged.
2. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
(a) His friendship with Elijah.
(b) His and Elijah's business and reputations.
(c) His old church.
(d) His marriage.
3. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He offered him a job.
(b) He beat him.
(c) He gave him money.
(d) He killed him.
4. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
(a) He tried to disoblige the Kingdom.
(b) He declared himself Father of the Kingdom.
(c) He tried to kill himself.
(d) He tried to take Ann as his wife.
5. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
(a) The Thompsons.
(b) The Rhompsons.
(c) The Simmons.
(d) The Tomsons.
6. What did Matthews say about women and the truth?
(a) Women never hear the truth.
(b) Women distorted the truth.
(c) Women never tell the truth.
(d) Women can't tell what truth is.
7. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She deserved Matthews.
(b) She was a saint.
(c) She was a devil.
(d) She was a fraud.
8. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(c) Plantation owners.
(d) Shop keepers.
9. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Elijah's tomb.
(b) Benjamin's estate.
(c) Ann's daughter.
(d) Matthews' wife.
10. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
(a) She refused to forgive or befriend him.
(b) She refused to see him.
(c) She paid him off.
(d) She hit him repeatedly.
11. What did Ann make for Matthews according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
(a) A cross.
(b) A crown.
(d) A portrait.
12. Who became a successful merchant after his release?
(a) Sylvester Mills.
(c) Benjamin Folger.
(d) Sylvan Mills.
13. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) He was poor.
(b) Matthews was Jesus.
(c) Matthews was a fraud.
(d) His wife was an infidel.
14. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Small death.
(c) Fitty devils.
(d) Big demons.
15. What was the majority of people convinced of after Elijah 's death?
(a) It was prophesied.
(b) Something criminal had happened to him.
(c) His death was from natural causes.
(d) It was a conspiracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
2. Who testified for the prosecution?
3. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
4. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
5. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)