|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Margaret Matthews.
(d) Benjamin Folger.
2. On what did Matthew blame Elijah's death?
(a) His lack of faith.
(b) His lack of submission.
(d) A suicide.
3. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Elijah's tomb.
(b) Benjamin's estate.
(c) Matthews' wife.
(d) Ann's daughter.
4. Who was Matthews' servant after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Ann Folger.
(d) Isabella Laisdell.
5. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
6. What movement did Isabella Van Wagenen join in New England?
(a) The abolitionist.
(b) The anti-abortionist.
(c) The suffrage movement.
(d) The prohibitionist.
7. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He offered him a job.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He beat him.
(d) He gave him money.
8. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
(a) Ann Folger.
(b) Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Catherine Galloway.
(d) Isabella Van Wagenen.
9. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Big demons.
(b) Small death.
(c) Fitty devils.
(d) Little lives.
10. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
(a) William Nelson.
(b) Nelson Wills.
(c) Nelson Michaels.
(d) William Michaels.
11. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(a) Shop keepers.
(c) Plantation owners.
12. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She was a devil.
(b) She was a fraud.
(c) She deserved Matthews.
(d) She was a saint.
13. Who testified for the prosecution?
(a) Catherine Golloway and Benjamin Folger.
(b) Ann Folger and Benjamin Folger.
(c) Isabella Van Wegenen and Catherine Galloway.
(d) Ann Folger and Catherine Galloway.
14. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
(a) His old church.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His and Elijah's business and reputations.
(d) His friendship with Elijah.
15. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That Matthews would be convicted.
(b) That Matthews would not be convicted.
(c) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
(d) That the jury was hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
2. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
3. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
4. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
5. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)