|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
(c) Ann Folger.
(d) The Frist Presbyterian Church.
2. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
(a) The most outrageous she heard.
(b) The most rational she heard.
(c) The most fanatical she heard.
(d) The most far fetched she heard.
3. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 month.
4. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
(a) St. Paul.
(b) God and Sarah.
(c) His father-in-law.
5. What did Isabella Van Wagenen do when Matthews left New York?
(a) She went into hiding.
(b) She started a church.
(c) She stayed behind.
(d) She went south.
6. What was the majority of people convinced of after Elijah 's death?
(a) Something criminal had happened to him.
(b) It was prophesied.
(c) His death was from natural causes.
(d) It was a conspiracy.
7. Who testified for the prosecution?
(a) Ann Folger and Catherine Galloway.
(b) Ann Folger and Benjamin Folger.
(c) Isabella Van Wegenen and Catherine Galloway.
(d) Catherine Golloway and Benjamin Folger.
8. Why was the charge of fraud dropped?
(a) They couldn't prove he was not an agent of the Lord.
(b) They found out he was a prophet.
(c) The witnesses recanted.
(d) They couldn't stand hearing his sermons.
9. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
(b) Elijah's heir.
10. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Benjamin's estate.
(b) Matthews' wife.
(c) Elijah's tomb.
(d) Ann's daughter.
11. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Robert Matthews.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Margaret Matthews.
12. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That the jury was hung.
(b) That Matthews would be convicted.
(c) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
(d) That Matthews would not be convicted.
13. What name did God tell Isabella Van Wagenen to take?
(a) Harriet Tubman.
(b) Sojourner Truth.
(c) Maria Stewart.
(d) Isabella Matthews.
14. Who joined Mount Zion shortly after Ann became pregnant?
(a) The Rhompsons.
(b) The Tomsons.
(c) The Simmons.
(d) The Thompsons.
15. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
(a) She gave birth to a baby girl.
(b) She became a nun.
(c) She fled to England.
(d) She was killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Matthews ban because of his hatred of traditional Christianity?
2. Who calmed Benjamin into submission after a fight with Matthews?
3. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
4. Who followed Matthews to meet his estranged wife after Matthews was released from prison?
5. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)