|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
(a) It was not needed.
(b) It was too hard.
(c) It was too light.
(d) No-one was outraged.
2. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
(a) By giving him tainted blackberries.
(b) By replacing his medicine.
(c) By giving him blueberries.
(d) By giving him tainted alcohol.
3. Who became a successful merchant after his release?
(b) Sylvester Mills.
(c) Sylvan Mills.
(d) Benjamin Folger.
4. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
(a) Levi Andrew Mills.
(b) Sarah Mill.
(c) Andrea Mills.
(d) Solomon Mills.
5. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
6. When did Elijah cut his allowance to Matthews?
(a) April 1831.
(b) April 1835.
(c) April 1839.
(d) April 1833.
7. Who was Mount Zion signed over to after Folger's ruin?
(b) Ann Folger.
(d) The Frist Presbyterian Church.
8. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
(b) A lottery.
9. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
(a) Ann Folger.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(d) Isabella Laidell.
10. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
(a) Elijah's sister.
(b) Elijah's illegitimate daughter.
(c) Elijah's brother.
(d) Elijah's heirs.
11. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Little lives.
(b) Small death.
(c) Fitty devils.
(d) Big demons.
12. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
(a) He died of natural causes.
(b) He died of an embolism.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He died of heart failure.
13. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(b) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
(c) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
(d) That Matthews was alive.
14. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Ann Folger.
15. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Matthews' wife.
(b) Benjamin's estate.
(c) Ann's daughter.
(d) Elijah's tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calmed Benjamin into submission after a fight with Matthews?
2. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
3. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
4. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
5. What happened to Ann Folger during Matthews trial?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)