|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
(a) Sarah Mill.
(b) Levi Andrew Mills.
(c) Andrea Mills.
(d) Solomon Mills.
2. Where was Benjamin Folger spending most of his time after Matthews took control of his estate?
(a) New York.
3. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(b) Plantation owners.
(d) Shop keepers.
4. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
5. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He beat him.
(c) He gave him money.
(d) He offered him a job.
6. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Benjamin Folger.
(c) The lawyers Matthews hired.
(d) The district attorney.
7. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
(a) Isabella Laisdell.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Robert Matthews.
(d) Margaret Matthews.
8. Who did Benjamin marry after returning from meeting Margaret Matthews?
(a) Isabella Lamons.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Isabella Lismond.
9. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah was able to be influenced.
(b) Elijah was greedy.
(c) Elijah wanted to preach.
(d) Elijah was stubborn.
10. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She was a devil.
(b) She was a saint.
(c) She deserved Matthews.
(d) She was a fraud.
11. What cult leaders does Paul Johnson tie Matthews to?
(a) Guy Ballard.
(b) Jim Jones and David Koresh.
(c) Ron Hubbard.
(d) Charles Filmore.
12. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(b) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(c) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
13. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) Matthews was Jesus.
(b) He was poor.
(c) Matthews was a fraud.
(d) His wife was an infidel.
14. When did Isabella Van Wagenen join Elijah's household?
15. What did Isabella Van Wagenen do when Matthews left New York?
(a) She started a church.
(b) She went into hiding.
(c) She stayed behind.
(d) She went south.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
2. What name did God tell Isabella Van Wagenen to take?
3. Why was the charge of fraud dropped?
4. What vision did Matthews have about Ann Folger?
5. Who did the Folgers partner with to publish the cruelty Matthews inflicted on its followers?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)