|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Retrenchment Society.
(b) Heartt Place.
(c) Mount Princeton.
(d) Mount of the Heartt.
2. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She was a fraud.
(b) She deserved Matthews.
(c) She was a devil.
(d) She was a saint.
3. What did Benjamin and Ann do to defend their reputations?
(a) They wrote a book explaining their side of the story.
(b) They claimed they were coerced.
(c) They went to counseling.
(d) They paid the newspaper to have an article.
4. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
5. What did Ann make for Matthews according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
(a) A crown.
(b) A cross.
(c) A portrait.
6. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
(a) The devil.
(b) God's own will.
(c) Elijah's own will.
(d) Matthews' own will.
7. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(b) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(d) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
8. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
(a) Elijah's brother.
(b) Elijah's illegitimate daughter.
(c) Elijah's heirs.
(d) Elijah's sister.
9. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
(a) Western and Hill.
(b) Kevin and Bavin.
(c) Marks and Walton.
(d) Walton and Western.
10. Why was the press outraged by the verdict against Matthews according to the "Epilogue"?
(a) No-one was outraged.
(b) It was not needed.
(c) It was too light.
(d) It was too hard.
11. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
12. Who did Benjamin marry after returning from meeting Margaret Matthews?
(a) Isabella Lismond.
(b) Isabella Lamons.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
13. What was Elijah depressed about?
(a) He never left New York.
(b) He never became a prophet.
(c) He never raised Sarah from the dead.
(d) He never found a match spirit.
14. What did Isabella Van Wagenen do when Matthews left New York?
(a) She went into hiding.
(b) She went south.
(c) She started a church.
(d) She stayed behind.
15. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
(a) A silver chalice.
(b) A glass cup.
(c) A wooden cup.
(d) His copper cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cult leaders does Paul Johnson tie Matthews to?
2. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
3. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
5. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)