|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(b) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
(c) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(d) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
2. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
(a) Margaret Matthews.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Ann Folger.
(d) Isabella Laisdell.
3. When did Isabella Van Wagenen join Elijah's household?
4. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
5. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews was alive.
(b) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
(c) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(d) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
6. When was Isabella Van Wagenen born according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
7. Who did Matthews take residence with after meeting Elijah?
(a) Solomon Mill.
(b) Sarah Mill.
(c) Andrea Mills.
(d) Sylvester Mills.
8. Where was Benjamin Folger spending most of his time after Matthews took control of his estate?
(c) New York.
9. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) His beard.
(b) Hies clothes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyebrows.
10. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
(a) The lawyers Matthews hired.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The district attorney.
(d) Benjamin Folger.
11. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She deserved Matthews.
(b) She was a saint.
(c) She was a fraud.
(d) She was a devil.
12. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
(a) Benjamin and Ann Folger.
(b) Sylvester Mills.
(c) Catherine Galloway.
(d) Margaret Matthews.
13. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
(d) A lottery.
14. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah wanted to preach.
(b) Elijah was stubborn.
(c) Elijah was greedy.
(d) Elijah was able to be influenced.
15. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) Matthews was a fraud.
(b) Matthews was Jesus.
(c) His wife was an infidel.
(d) He was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who testified for the prosecution?
2. Who came to Mount Zion and conned Matthews into shaving his beard?
3. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
4. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
5. What did Matthews use to explain the color of his wardrobe?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)