|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
(a) He died of a stroke.
(b) He died of heart failure.
(c) He died of natural causes.
(d) He died of an embolism.
2. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
3. Who did Benjamin marry after returning from meeting Margaret Matthews?
(a) Isabella Lamons.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Isabella Lismond.
(d) Isabella Laisdell.
4. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
(b) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(c) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(d) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
5. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Margaret Matthews.
(c) Sylvester Mills.
(d) Benjamin and Ann Folger.
6. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Mount of the Heartt.
(b) Retrenchment Society.
(c) Mount Princeton.
(d) Heartt Place.
7. What did Ann make for Matthews according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
(a) A portrait.
(b) A crown.
(c) A cross.
8. On what did Matthew blame Elijah's death?
(a) His lack of faith.
(c) His lack of submission.
(d) A suicide.
9. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That Matthews would not be convicted.
(b) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
(c) That Matthews would be convicted.
(d) That the jury was hung.
10. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) He was poor.
(b) Matthews was a fraud.
(c) His wife was an infidel.
(d) Matthews was Jesus.
11. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
(a) His wife.
(b) Elijah's son.
(c) Ann Folger.
(d) Joseph Smith.
12. What did Isabella Van Wagenen become convinced of about Matthews?
(a) Of his teachings.
(b) Of his prophethood.
(c) Of his sainthood.
(d) Of his desire.
13. Who calmed Benjamin into submission after a fight with Matthews?
14. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews was alive.
(b) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(c) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
(d) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
15. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 18 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elijah cut his allowance to Matthews?
2. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
3. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
4. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
5. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)