|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who published an account of the Kingdom portraying the Folgers as the main villains?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Margaret Matthews.
(d) Robert Matthews.
2. How long did John Dumont keep Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. When did Elijah die?
(a) August 5, 1835.
(b) August 15, 1834.
(c) August 5, 1834.
(d) June 5, 1834.
4. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
(a) Attack the prosecution in the paper.
(b) Rebut every piece of evidence.
(c) Tear the witnesses apart.
(d) Tear the prosecution apart.
5. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He gave him money.
(c) He offered him a job.
(d) He killed him.
6. When did Elijah cut his allowance to Matthews?
(a) April 1833.
(b) April 1835.
(c) April 1839.
(d) April 1831.
7. What did Charles do to get his wife back?
(a) He went to the asylum.
(b) He went to Margaret.
(c) He went to the police.
(d) He went to a judge.
8. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(b) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
(c) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(d) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
9. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah was greedy.
(b) Elijah was able to be influenced.
(c) Elijah was stubborn.
(d) Elijah wanted to preach.
10. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
11. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
(a) Andrea Mills.
(b) Sarah Mill.
(c) Levi Andrew Mills.
(d) Solomon Mills.
12. Who became a successful merchant after his release?
(a) Sylvester Mills.
(b) Sylvan Mills.
(d) Benjamin Folger.
13. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
(a) She refused to see him.
(b) She refused to forgive or befriend him.
(c) She paid him off.
(d) She hit him repeatedly.
14. Who assigned the jobs to those who lived in Matthews' community?
(b) A lottery.
15. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
2. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
3. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
4. Who did Benjamin marry after returning from meeting Margaret Matthews?
5. How many people composed Elijah's flock when Matthews arrived?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)