|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the estate Matthews moved into after his release from the mental hospital?
(a) Mount Princeton.
(b) Mount of the Heartt.
(c) Retrenchment Society.
(d) Heartt Place.
2. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
(a) She paid him off.
(b) She refused to forgive or befriend him.
(c) She hit him repeatedly.
(d) She refused to see him.
3. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. What did Elijah call his seizures?
(a) Small death.
(b) Big demons.
(c) Little lives.
(d) Fitty devils.
5. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
(a) Ann Folger.
(b) Margaret Matthews.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
6. Who did Matthews want to live with after being cut off by Elijah?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Margaret Matthews.
(c) Benjamin Folger.
(d) Isabella Laisdell.
7. What name did God tell Isabella Van Wagenen to take?
(a) Sojourner Truth.
(b) Maria Stewart.
(c) Isabella Matthews.
(d) Harriet Tubman.
8. Who became a successful merchant after his release?
(a) Benjamin Folger.
(c) Sylvester Mills.
(d) Sylvan Mills.
9. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
(a) Elijah's own will.
(b) Matthews' own will.
(c) God's own will.
(d) The devil.
10. Who testified for the prosecution?
(a) Catherine Golloway and Benjamin Folger.
(b) Isabella Van Wegenen and Catherine Galloway.
(c) Ann Folger and Benjamin Folger.
(d) Ann Folger and Catherine Galloway.
11. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(c) Plantation owners.
(d) Shop keepers.
12. Why was the charge of fraud dropped?
(a) The witnesses recanted.
(b) They couldn't prove he was not an agent of the Lord.
(c) They found out he was a prophet.
(d) They couldn't stand hearing his sermons.
13. What did Matthews realize when he met Elijah for the first time according to "The Kingdom, Parts 1 through 3"?
(a) Elijah wanted to preach.
(b) Elijah was stubborn.
(c) Elijah was able to be influenced.
(d) Elijah was greedy.
14. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
(a) He tried to disoblige the Kingdom.
(b) He declared himself Father of the Kingdom.
(c) He tried to take Ann as his wife.
(d) He tried to kill himself.
15. What was Benjamin Folger trying to salvage after Matthews took over his estate?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His old church.
(c) His and Elijah's business and reputations.
(d) His friendship with Elijah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
2. Who was Matthews' servant after his release from the mental hospital?
3. What did Matthews represent for many people reading the press?
4. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
5. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)