|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) Hies clothes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His beard.
(d) His eyebrows.
2. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
(a) His wife.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Ann Folger.
(d) Elijah's son.
3. What did Benjamin Folger realize after a trip to New York?
(a) Matthews was a fraud.
(b) He was poor.
(c) Matthews was Jesus.
(d) His wife was an infidel.
4. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
(a) Tear the prosecution apart.
(b) Rebut every piece of evidence.
(c) Tear the witnesses apart.
(d) Attack the prosecution in the paper.
5. Who did Matthews version of the universe hold in the highest regard?
6. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
(a) Margaret Matthews.
(b) Benjamin and Ann Folger.
(c) Sylvester Mills.
(d) Catherine Galloway.
7. Who helped Matthews hire a competent law team?
(b) Elijah's heir.
8. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He gave him money.
(b) He offered him a job.
(c) He beat him.
(d) He killed him.
9. Who was named as a co-conspirator in the murder case against Matthews?
(a) Isabella Laidell.
(b) Ann Folger.
(c) Catherine Galloway.
(d) Isabella Van Wagenen.
10. What name did God tell Isabella Van Wagenen to take?
(a) Maria Stewart.
(b) Sojourner Truth.
(c) Harriet Tubman.
(d) Isabella Matthews.
11. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
(a) Sarah Mill.
(b) Andrea Mills.
(c) Solomon Mills.
(d) Levi Andrew Mills.
12. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
(a) She paid him off.
(b) She hit him repeatedly.
(c) She refused to see him.
(d) She refused to forgive or befriend him.
13. What did Benjamin and Ann do to defend their reputations?
(a) They went to counseling.
(b) They wrote a book explaining their side of the story.
(c) They paid the newspaper to have an article.
(d) They claimed they were coerced.
14. What was Paul Johnson unable to find traces of?
(a) Matthews' wife.
(b) Ann's daughter.
(c) Elijah's tomb.
(d) Benjamin's estate.
15. What did Ann make for Matthews according to "The Kingdom, Parts 4 through 6"?
(a) A crown.
(c) A cross.
(d) A portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Benjamin forced to do with his wife Ann?
2. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
3. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What did the coroner that examined Elijah conclude?
5. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)