|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Isabella Van Wagenen sue for slander?
(a) Benjamin Folger.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The district attorney.
(d) The lawyers Matthews hired.
2. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
(a) Penny press.
(b) Dime press.
(c) Quarter press.
(d) Nickel press.
3. What was Benjamin forced to do with his wife Ann?
(a) Give her to the community.
(b) Give her to Matthews.
(c) Give her as a sacrifice.
(d) Give their relationship another try.
4. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
5. What did Matthews tell Elijah his prophet hood came from?
(a) The devil.
(b) Matthews' own will.
(c) God's own will.
(d) Elijah's own will.
6. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
7. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
(a) He tried to kill himself.
(b) He declared himself Father of the Kingdom.
(c) He tried to disoblige the Kingdom.
(d) He tried to take Ann as his wife.
8. What was forcibly cut from Matthews?
(a) His beard.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) Hies clothes.
(d) His hands.
9. Who bought Mount Zion after the events with Matthews?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A Church.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A reverend.
10. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
(a) Tear the witnesses apart.
(b) Attack the prosecution in the paper.
(c) Rebut every piece of evidence.
(d) Tear the prosecution apart.
11. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
12. What charges were added by the district attorney against Matthews before the murder trial?
(a) Assault charges for coercing Benjamin Folger.
(b) Bribery charges to recoup money for Elijah's heirs.
(c) Blackmail charges for paying off Charles Laisdell.
(d) Assault charges for beating Isabella Laisdell.
13. What did Isabella Van Wagenen think of Matthews teachings in retrospect?
(a) The most far fetched she heard.
(b) The most outrageous she heard.
(c) The most rational she heard.
(d) The most fanatical she heard.
14. Who did Matthews version of the universe hold in the highest regard?
15. What was Margaret Matthews surprised of when Benjamin Folger contacted her?
(a) That Matthews was not in an asylum.
(b) That Matthews was alive.
(c) That Matthews had not been imprisoned.
(d) That Matthews did not request a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elijah depressed about?
2. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
3. Who was able to obtain a warrant for Matthews' arrest?
4. What did Elijah call his seizures?
5. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)