|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Matthews meet at Kirtland?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) His wife.
(c) Elijah's son.
(d) Ann Folger.
2. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
(b) God and Sarah.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) St. Paul.
3. Who wrote an account of the Kingdom with the help of Isabella Van Wagenen?
(a) Gilbert Vane.
(b) Vane Gils.
(c) Vale Simmons.
(d) Gilbert Vale.
4. Who came to Mount Zion and conned Matthews into shaving his beard?
(a) Tiger Taylor.
(b) Sampson Els.
(c) Taylor Michaels
(d) Elephant Taylor.
5. How much money did Benjamin Folger give Matthews on the pretext of establishing a new Kingdom in the west?
6. Who was welcomed back by an old church after Matthews' trial?
(a) Sylvester Mills.
(b) Catherine Galloway.
(c) Margaret Matthews.
(d) Benjamin and Ann Folger.
7. What was the majority of people convinced of after Elijah 's death?
(a) It was a conspiracy.
(b) It was prophesied.
(c) His death was from natural causes.
(d) Something criminal had happened to him.
8. Who was Isabella Van Wagenen born to?
(b) Shop keepers.
(c) Plantation owners.
9. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
(a) Nelson Michaels.
(b) William Michaels.
(c) Nelson Wills.
(d) William Nelson.
10. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
(a) Benjamin was a better lover.
(b) Benjamin was a better provider.
(c) Benjamin was a better friend.
(d) Benjamin loved her more.
11. When did Elijah die?
(a) August 15, 1834.
(b) June 5, 1834.
(c) August 5, 1835.
(d) August 5, 1834.
12. How long of a sentence did Matthews receive for the assault charges?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 months.
13. What did Isabella Van Wagenen become convinced of about Matthews?
(a) Of his desire.
(b) Of his teachings.
(c) Of his prophethood.
(d) Of his sainthood.
14. What vision did Matthews have about Ann Folger?
(a) He saw her as a saint.
(b) He saw her as a sister.
(c) He saw her as the Mother of the Kingdom.
(d) He saw her as the next prophet.
15. What did Matthews say about women and the truth?
(a) Women never hear the truth.
(b) Women can't tell what truth is.
(c) Women never tell the truth.
(d) Women distorted the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prosecution say Matthews poisoned Elijah?
2. Who was Matthews' servant after his release from the mental hospital?
3. How many children did Isabella Van Wagenen have?
4. What did Matthews drink from during dinner?
5. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)