|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elijah say he would do during Sarah's funeral?
(a) Make her disappear.
(b) Raise her from the dead.
(c) Make her smile.
(d) Bury her himself.
2. Why did Elijah leave his childhood town?
(a) Train as a clerk.
(b) Train as a journalist.
(c) Train as a physician.
(d) Train as a banker.
3. When did Matthews stop shaving?
4. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
5. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
(a) That he was Matthews.
(b) That he was dangerous.
(c) That he wanted him to stay.
(d) That his beliefs reflected his own.
6. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
(b) The elders.
7. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
(a) "He would be a good leader."
(b) "His way was the only way."
(c) "He couldn't control himself."
(d) "His mind was evidently filled with darkness."
8. What part of Calvinism did Kirk rail against?
(d) Free will.
9. What did Joseph Smith found?
10. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
11. Who invited Kirk to Albany?
(a) Reverend Michael Jensen.
(b) Reverend James Chester.
(c) Reverend John Corso.
(d) Reverend Jim Johnson.
12. What mission did Kirk set for himself after rejecting Matthews's request to join his church?
(a) To save Matthews' wife and children from him.
(b) To save Matthews.
(c) To teach Matthews the Commandments.
(d) To teach Matthews the path of right living.
13. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
(a) The Second Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Fourth Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Third Presbyterian Church.
(d) The First Presbyterian Church.
14. What part of New York did Elijah and Sarah help prostitutes at?
(a) Five Points.
(b) Two Points.
(c) Three Points.
(d) Six Points.
15. When did Matthews knock on Elijah's door?
(a) May 5, 1832.
(b) May 5, 1833.
(c) May 15, 1832.
(d) June 5, 1832.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah do after quitting his job?
2. What did Matthews and Joseph Smith advocate for society?
3. What Jew influenced Matthews after he returned to New York?
4. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
5. When did Kirk arrive in Albany according to "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)