|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Elijah's servant?
2. How did Matthews' coworkers deem him?
(a) Jumping Jesus.
(b) God whisperer.
(c) Jumping Horse.
(d) Crazy Jesus.
3. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
(a) She was wearing a feather on her hat.
(b) She was eating in church.
(c) She was not married.
(d) She spoke out of order.
4. What religious upbringing did Elijah have?
5. Who refused to talk to Elijah after Sarah's death?
(a) His brother, Martin.
(c) His father in law.
6. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
(d) Nova Scot.
7. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
(a) The elders.
8. What did Matthews open in Manhattan a year or two after moving with the carpenter?
(a) A shop as a tailor.
(b) A shop as a dentist.
(c) A shop as a journeyman.
(d) A shop as a lawyer.
9. What did Elijah's servant claim to have seen at Elijah's home?
10. When did Matthews leave the farm to live with a carpenter?
11. Why did Elijah leave his childhood town?
(a) Train as a clerk.
(b) Train as a banker.
(c) Train as a physician.
(d) Train as a journalist.
12. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
13. Who invited Kirk to Albany?
(a) Reverend Michael Jensen.
(b) Reverend John Corso.
(c) Reverend James Chester.
(d) Reverend Jim Johnson.
14. What church did Matthews attend as a child?
(a) The Burgher Anti-Secession Temple.
(b) The Anti-Burgher Secession Church.
(c) The first Scot Church.
(d) The Burgher Secession Church.
15. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
(a) Matthews would be a bad influence
(b) Matthews was unreliable.
(c) Matthews was trouble.
(d) Matthews was not a good leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sarah diagnosed with?
2. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
3. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
4. What did the Retrenchment Society build according to "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
5. What part of New York did Elijah and Sarah help prostitutes at?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)