|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building did Kirk use for the Fourth Presbyterian Church meetings?
(a) Notre Dame Church.
(b) St. Andrew's Church.
(c) North Dutch Church.
(d) St. Michael's Church.
2. What did Elijah's servant claim to have seen at Elijah's home?
3. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
4. When did Sarah fall ill?
(a) May 1830.
(b) June 1832.
(c) June 1829.
(d) June 1830.
5. What did Kirtland predate?
(d) New York.
6. What did Joseph Smith found?
7. What did Matthews try to do to his coworkers?
(a) Have them leave New York.
(b) Proselytize them.
(c) Have them fired.
(d) Have them create their own religion.
8. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
(a) It was supportive of slavery.
(b) It was oppressive to women.
(c) It was good for women.
(d) It was equitable.
9. When did Matthews stop shaving?
10. What was Elijah's wife's name?
11. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
(a) Make him forget Sarah.
(b) Make him king of the world.
(c) Return Sarah to him.
(d) Give him power over the United States.
12. What religious upbringing did Elijah have?
13. When did Matthews' parents die?
14. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
(a) They were equally notorious.
(b) They were both murderers.
(c) They were unknown.
(d) They both spent time in prison.
15. What did Matthews open in Manhattan a year or two after moving with the carpenter?
(a) A shop as a journeyman.
(b) A shop as a dentist.
(c) A shop as a lawyer.
(d) A shop as a tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Kirk arrive in Albany according to "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7"?
2. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
3. What did Elijah hear God call him?
4. What was the name of Elijah's servant?
5. What does the "Prologue" state about those who opposed the middle class' evangelical reformist movement?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)