Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews do after abandoning his family?
(a) He went to western New York State.
(b) He went to the asylum.
(c) He went to Utah.
(d) He went to Kirtland.
2. What was the name of the Scot community in New York?
(d) Nova Scot.
3. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
4. What was Elijah's wife's name?
5. What did Kirtland predate?
(a) New York.
6. Who did Matthews come to resent after his release from prison?
(b) Margaret and the Finneyites.
(c) Kirk and the Finneyites.
7. What did Elijah say he would do during Sarah's funeral?
(a) Make her smile.
(b) Make her disappear.
(c) Bury her himself.
(d) Raise her from the dead.
8. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
(a) The Second Great Awakening.
(b) The Evangelist's Time.
(c) The Second Coming.
(d) The Long Time.
9. When did Matthews stop shaving?
10. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
11. Who refused to talk to Elijah after Sarah's death?
(b) His father in law.
(d) His brother, Martin.
12. How many children did Matthews and Margaret eventually have?
13. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
14. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
(a) He was infamous in New York.
(b) He was escaping jail time.
(c) He wanted to infiltrate the Mormons.
(d) Joseph Smith didn't want any competitive preachers.
15. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
(a) She was wearing a feather on her hat.
(b) She spoke out of order.
(c) She was not married.
(d) She was eating in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sarah die?
2. When was Robert Matthews born according to "Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
4. What did Elijah think his purpose was after hearing God's voice?
5. What did Matthews do after failing to convince his wife to follow him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)