|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
(c) The elders.
2. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
(a) Those afraid of change.
3. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
(a) Make him king of the world.
(b) Give him power over the United States.
(c) Make him forget Sarah.
(d) Return Sarah to him.
4. When did Matthews knock on Elijah's door?
(a) May 15, 1832.
(b) June 5, 1832.
(c) May 5, 1833.
(d) May 5, 1832.
5. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
(a) The Second Great Awakening.
(b) The Evangelist's Time.
(c) The Second Coming.
(d) The Long Time.
6. Who refused to talk to Elijah after Sarah's death?
(b) His father in law.
(c) His brother, Martin.
7. When did Sarah die?
(a) June 29, 1830.
(b) June 29, 1832.
(c) May 29, 1830.
(d) June 2, 1830.
8. When was Elijah born?
9. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
10. What did Matthews' rumored beating of his wife, his strange moods, and his unsteady work habits convince Kirk of?
(a) Matthews was trouble.
(b) Matthews was not a good leader.
(c) Matthews would be a bad influence
(d) Matthews was unreliable.
11. What was Elijah known for being according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
(a) A religious reformer.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A good father.
(d) A zealot.
12. When did Matthews try to enlarged the store he worked at?
13. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
(a) The Female Assistance Society.
(b) The Female Safe House.
(c) The Second Chance Society.
(d) The Female Asylum Society.
14. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
(a) A Unionist.
(b) A Mormon.
(c) A Finneyite.
(d) A Catholic.
15. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah do after quitting his job?
2. Why was Matthews released after being arrested for domestic abuse?
3. Who claimed to have spoken to God since childhood?
4. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
5. What Jew influenced Matthews after he returned to New York?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)