Short Answer Key
1. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
A Mormon settlement.
2. What did Kirtland predate?
3. What did Joseph Smith found?
4. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
5. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
He was infamous in New York.
6. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
Smith told Matthews of his visions.
7. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
The second Babylon.
8. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
"His mind was evidently filled with darkness."
9. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
That he was Matthews.
10. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
The Second Great Awakening.
11. What was perceived as the enemy by...
This section contains 2,283 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)