|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was clear after the prosecution rested their case?
(a) That Matthews would be convicted.
(b) That Matthews was guilty on all counts.
(c) That the jury was hung.
(d) That Matthews would not be convicted.
2. What type of newspaper focused on crime and human interest rather that financial or political news?
(a) Penny press.
(b) Quarter press.
(c) Dime press.
(d) Nickel press.
3. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
4. How many of his sons did Matthews lose to illness between 1816 and 1819?
5. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
(a) She refused to see him.
(b) She refused to forgive or befriend him.
(c) She hit him repeatedly.
(d) She paid him off.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
2. What congregation did Kirk work at when he first arrived in Albany?
3. Who testified for the prosecution?
4. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
5. What Jew influenced Matthews after he returned to New York?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)