|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion did Isabella Van Wagenen draw about Ann Folger?
(a) She deserved Matthews.
(b) She was a saint.
(c) She was a fraud.
(d) She was a devil.
2. What prompted Albany's commercial revolution when Matthews tried his luck there?
(a) The new Albany.
(b) The mercantile.
(c) The new Erie Canal.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
3. How many of his sons did Matthews lose to illness between 1816 and 1819?
4. What did Elijah do when Matthews escaped to New York?
(a) He tried to take Ann as his wife.
(b) He declared himself Father of the Kingdom.
(c) He tried to kill himself.
(d) He tried to disoblige the Kingdom.
5. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
(a) Catherine Galloway.
(b) Isabella Van Wagenen.
(c) Isabella Laisdell.
(d) Ann Folger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the law cabinet hired to defend Matthews?
2. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
3. What was perceived as the enemy by sects forming in the 1820's to the 1840's?
4. What church did Matthews find inspiring after losing his sons?
5. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)