|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews represent for many people reading the press?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A dangerous religious fanatic.
(c) A dangerous husband.
(d) A dangerous polygamist.
2. What congregation did Kirk work at when he first arrived in Albany?
(a) First Presbyterian Church.
(b) Second Presbyterian Church.
(c) Sixth Presbyterian Church.
(d) Third Presbyterian Church.
3. What happened when Matthews met with Margaret?
(a) She paid him off.
(b) She refused to forgive or befriend him.
(c) She refused to see him.
(d) She hit him repeatedly.
4. When did Matthews die according to some reports?
5. Who was the district attorney in charge of Matthews' case?
(a) Nelson Wills.
(b) William Michaels.
(c) William Nelson.
(d) Nelson Michaels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
2. Who did Eliah think told him to follow Matthews' every command?
3. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
4. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
5. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)