|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elijah and Sarah Start to get prostitutes off the street?
(a) The Second Chance Society.
(b) The Female Asylum Society.
(c) The Female Safe House.
(d) The Female Assistance Society.
2. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
(a) The Fourth Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Third Presbyterian Church.
(c) The First Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Second Presbyterian Church.
3. How much was the yearly rent for Mount Zion which Matthews had to pay after Folger's ruin?
(a) 1000 dollars a year.
(b) 100 dollars a year.
(c) 10 dollars a year.
(d) 1 dollar a year.
4. What did Matthews do after abandoning his family?
(a) He went to Kirtland.
(b) He went to the asylum.
(c) He went to Utah.
(d) He went to western New York State.
5. When did Ann become pregnant with Matthews' child?
(a) March 1831.
(b) March 1834.
(c) March 1835.
(d) March 1836.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elijah's partners in the prostitute mission do after Sarah's death?
2. When did Isabella Van Wagenen start to work for James Latourette?
3. Who said to Isabella Van Wagenen that a vision confirmed her being a match spirit with Benjamin Folger in the "The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What was Matthews' convinced of after God told him to stop shaving?
5. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)