|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sat in the front of a Calvinist church in the early 1800's?
(a) Those who donated the most.
(b) The merchants.
(d) The poor.
2. What did Matthews and Joseph Smith advocate for society?
(a) Equality between men and women.
(b) A strong government.
(c) A strong matriarchy.
(d) A strong patriarchy.
3. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
4. What did Matthews do after abandoning his family?
(a) He went to the asylum.
(b) He went to Utah.
(c) He went to Kirtland.
(d) He went to western New York State.
5. What was the name of Matthews' brother, the painter?
(a) J.K. Mathis.
(b) J.M.D. Matthews.
(c) J.K.D. Mathas.
(d) J.L.D Mathies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church did Matthews attend as a child?
2. Who claimed to have spoken to God since childhood?
3. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
4. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
5. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)