|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
(a) Make him forget Sarah.
(b) Return Sarah to him.
(c) Give him power over the United States.
(d) Make him king of the world.
2. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
(a) The second Babel.
(b) The second Sodom.
(c) The second Babylon.
(d) The second Gomorrah.
3. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
(a) She spoke out of order.
(b) She was eating in church.
(c) She was not married.
(d) She was wearing a feather on her hat.
4. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement lead to for men and women?
(a) Having men be subservient.
(b) Greater equality.
(c) Having men in charge of religion and women in charge of the household.
(d) Having women be subservient.
5. How many children did Matthews and Margaret eventually have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the center of moral instruction and domestic authority in Elijah's movement?
2. What did Kirtland predate?
3. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
4. What did Elijah's partners in the prostitute mission do after Sarah's death?
5. What did the Retrenchment Society build according to "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)