|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Matthews, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Matthews' coworkers deem him?
(a) Jumping Jesus.
(b) Crazy Jesus.
(c) Jumping Horse.
(d) God whisperer.
2. When did Matthews' parents die?
3. What did Sarah's death spark in Elijah?
(a) His madness.
(b) His love of Christ.
(c) His death wish.
(d) A business idea.
4. What did Elijah hear God call him?
(a) Prophet Elijah of New york.
(b) Saint Elijah.
(c) Prophet Elijah of Tishbe.
(d) Jesus reincarnate.
5. What was the name of the sister church of the Retrenchment Society?
(a) The First Free Presbyterian of Albany.
(b) The First Free Calvinist of New York.
(c) The Second Free Presbyterian of New York.
(d) The First Free Presbyterian of New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the center of moral instruction and domestic authority in Elijah's movement?
2. What was Elijah known for being according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. Why did Elijah leave his childhood town?
4. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
5. When did Matthews leave the farm to live with a carpenter?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)