|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) That progressivism was evil.
(b) That he wanted to found a new state.
(c) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
(d) That he knew who he was.
2. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
(a) Robert Matthews.
(b) Benjamin Globle.
(c) Martha Kirk.
(d) John Steinbrenner.
3. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
(a) Give him power over the United States.
(b) Make him forget Sarah.
(c) Make him king of the world.
(d) Return Sarah to him.
4. What was perceived as the enemy by sects forming in the 1820's to the 1840's?
(a) The Government.
(c) The Yankee middle class.
(d) The Atheists.
5. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Retrenchment Society build according to "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
2. What did Kirtland predate?
3. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
4. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
5. What was Elijah's wife's name?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)