|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Elijah pray at Sarah's funeral?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hour.
(c) 6 hour.
(d) 12 hour.
2. What did the Retrenchment Society build according to "Elijah Pierson, Parts 5 through 7"?
(a) A church for the slaves.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A clinic for the poor.
(d) Schools for poor children.
3. When did Elijah open a mercantile firm on Pearl Street?
4. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
(a) The First Congregational church.
(b) The First Church movement.
(c) The Free Church movement.
(d) The Truth Church movement.
5. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
(a) Benjamin Globle.
(b) Martha Kirk.
(c) Robert Matthews.
(d) John Steinbrenner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kirtland predate?
2. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
3. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
4. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
5. Who refused to talk to Elijah after Sarah's death?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)