|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement was Elijah involved with before joining Matthias?
(a) The Free Church movement.
(b) The First Church movement.
(c) The First Congregational church.
(d) The Truth Church movement.
2. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
3. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) That he wanted to found a new state.
(b) That he knew who he was.
(c) That progressivism was evil.
(d) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
4. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) A Mormon settlement.
(c) New York City.
5. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
(a) The second Gomorrah.
(b) The second Sodom.
(c) The second Babylon.
(d) The second Babel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
2. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
3. What was perceived as the enemy by sects forming in the 1820's to the 1840's?
4. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
5. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)