|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Prologue" say of Matthews and Joseph Smith in 1835?
(a) They were equally notorious.
(b) They were both murderers.
(c) They were unknown.
(d) They both spent time in prison.
2. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
(a) A Mormon settlement.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
3. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
(a) She was eating in church.
(b) She was wearing a feather on her hat.
(c) She spoke out of order.
(d) She was not married.
4. What was Elijah's wife's name?
5. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Elijah leave his childhood town?
2. What was Elijah known for being according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
3. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
4. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
5. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)