|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Elijah open a mercantile firm on Pearl Street?
2. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
3. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
(b) A Mormon settlement.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
(a) It was supportive of slavery.
(b) It was good for women.
(c) It was equitable.
(d) It was oppressive to women.
5. When did Elijah and Sarah move to Bowery Hill to join a burgeoning perfectionist community?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the center of moral instruction and domestic authority in Elijah's movement?
2. What was Sarah's maiden name?
3. What was Elijah known for being according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
4. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
5. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)