|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
(a) The second Babylon.
(b) The second Sodom.
(c) The second Babel.
(d) The second Gomorrah.
2. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
(a) "His mind was evidently filled with darkness."
(b) "His way was the only way."
(c) "He couldn't control himself."
(d) "He would be a good leader."
3. What did Matthews and Joseph Smith advocate for society?
(a) A strong matriarchy.
(b) Equality between men and women.
(c) A strong government.
(d) A strong patriarchy.
4. What was Sarah's maiden name?
5. What did Kirtland predate?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
2. Who sat in the front of a Calvinist church in the early 1800's?
3. When was Elijah born?
4. What was Elijah known for being according to "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4"?
5. Who did Elijah open a mercantile store with?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)