|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
(a) It was oppressive to women.
(b) It was supportive of slavery.
(c) It was good for women.
(d) It was equitable.
2. Who sat in the front of a Calvinist church in the early 1800's?
(a) The poor.
(b) Those who donated the most.
(d) The merchants.
3. When was Elijah born?
4. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
(a) James Kirk.
(b) Charles Grandison Finney.
(c) Elijah Smith.
(d) Martin Luther.
5. What did Smith say of Matthews after their first meeting?
(a) "His mind was evidently filled with darkness."
(b) "He would be a good leader."
(c) "His way was the only way."
(d) "He couldn't control himself."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
2. Why did Frances Folger scold a fellow church member?
3. When did Sarah and Elijah marry?
4. What did Smith know about Joshua after their first meeting?
5. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)