|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) That he wanted to found a new state.
(b) That he knew who he was.
(c) That progressivism was evil.
(d) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
2. What was Elijah's wife's name?
3. What was the name of the church at the center of Elijah's childhood town?
(a) The First Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Fourth Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Second Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Third Presbyterian Church.
4. What type of evangelical person was Elijah?
(a) A Unionist.
(b) A Finneyite.
(c) A Catholic.
(d) A Mormon.
5. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
(a) The Long Time.
(b) The Second Coming.
(c) The Evangelist's Time.
(d) The Second Great Awakening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
2. When did Elijah join the Spring's Brick Presbyterian Church?
3. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
4. Who became the center of moral instruction and domestic authority in Elijah's movement?
5. What did Joseph Smith found?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)