|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kirtland predate?
(a) New York.
2. What did Margaret announce to Matthews during the trial?
(a) She wanted a divorce.
(b) She had an affair with Benjamin.
(c) She wanted him dead.
(d) She was already remarried.
3. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
(a) Attack the prosecution in the paper.
(b) Tear the witnesses apart.
(c) Tear the prosecution apart.
(d) Rebut every piece of evidence.
4. Who personified the middle class' evangelical reformists of the 1820's and 1840's?
(a) Charles Grandison Finney.
(b) Elijah Smith.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) James Kirk.
5. When did Matthews marry Margaret?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calmed Benjamin into submission after a fight with Matthews?
2. Who refused to talk to Elijah after Sarah's death?
3. Who became cozy with Matthews in Mount Zion?
4. What congregation did Kirk work at when he first arrived in Albany?
5. Who did Matthews come to resent after his release from prison?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)