|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Matthews strike a cord with according to the "Prologue"?
(c) Those afraid of change.
2. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
3. Who did the Scot church stress led the family?
(b) The elders.
4. What did the middle class' evangelical reformist movement think of the Calvinist family structure?
(a) It was equitable.
(b) It was oppressive to women.
(c) It was good for women.
(d) It was supportive of slavery.
5. What was the period from 1820 to 1840 called?
(a) The Evangelist's Time.
(b) The Long Time.
(c) The Second Great Awakening.
(d) The Second Coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elijah depressed about?
2. What did Matthews open in Manhattan a year or two after moving with the carpenter?
3. When was Elijah born?
4. What was Matthew's legal team able to do during the trial?
5. What did Matthews say to the police when they interrogated him in "The Downfall, Parts 5 through 8"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)