|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Downfall, Parts 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elijah try to have Charles abandon his wife Isabella Laisdell?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He offered him a job.
(c) He gave him money.
(d) He killed him.
2. What did Ann confess to Matthews about Benjamin?
(a) Benjamin was a better lover.
(b) Benjamin was a better friend.
(c) Benjamin loved her more.
(d) Benjamin was a better provider.
3. Who took control of Mount Zion after Elijah's death?
(a) Elijah's heirs.
(b) Elijah's sister.
(c) Elijah's illegitimate daughter.
(d) Elijah's brother.
4. When did Sarah fall ill?
(a) June 1832.
(b) June 1829.
(c) June 1830.
(d) May 1830.
5. What did Elijah think God would do for him if he continued to spread the Gospel?
(a) Make him forget Sarah.
(b) Give him power over the United States.
(c) Make him king of the world.
(d) Return Sarah to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Matthews choose for himself after abandoning his family?
2. What was the name of Matthews' brother, the painter?
3. What was the majority of people convinced of after Elijah 's death?
4. When did Kirk arrive in Albany according to "Robert Matthews, Parts 5 through 7"?
5. Who claimed to have spoken to God since childhood?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)